Presidential poll

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Who would you rather have as President right now?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 pm

Joe Biden
2
9%
Hillary Clinton
3
14%
Donald Trump
17
77%
 
Total votes: 22
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by shekels » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 pm

It looks like Hillary and her Adrenochrome addiction are lagging also.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by shekels » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Will someone vote for Biden just to give hope to his supporters..
Oh wait, never mind.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6018
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Presidential poll

Post by technovelist » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:34 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm
pugchief wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
Just bc you live in MA doesn't mean you have to claim to like Hillary. :P
Not true. I'm ALWAYS an Independent.

I am a New York Yankees fan in Massachusetts and I am so vocal and demonstrative about it that I'm THE Yankees fan in a lot of people's lives.

It' been that way my entire life being a Yankees fan in New England.

That holds true going way back to high school.

One night the Yankees lost a game to the Red Sox, by losing a big lead they'd had earlier in the game. I knew that the next day in both school and after school at softball I was going to be a #1 target for a lot of comments.

Therefore, I had to quickly think of how I could, instead, go on the offensive. I decided to assign and announce consecutive numbers to each person who thought that they could taunt me over that loss. I'll let you guess at what number I stopped assigning numbers.

Vinny
You are not an independent.
You are a Hillary supporter who has never voted for a Republican.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3539
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Presidential poll

Post by pugchief » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:18 am

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
LOL, poor Biden.

He was already battling senility, but now he’s been #MeToo’ed. He’s done.
The only question now is who's gonna get the nomination. Not Bernie, that's for sure. It's looking more and more like Cuomo will somehow get in there without ever campaigning. ???
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6018
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Presidential poll

Post by technovelist » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 am

pugchief wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:18 am
Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
LOL, poor Biden.

He was already battling senility, but now he’s been #MeToo’ed. He’s done.
The only question now is who's gonna get the nomination. Not Bernie, that's for sure. It's looking more and more like Cuomo will somehow get in there without ever campaigning. ???
Hillary.
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2612
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Xan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:39 am

Vinny, you seem to love Hillary and can't stand Biden. Can you tell us what the differences are that you see between the two?
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3539
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Presidential poll

Post by pugchief » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:16 am

technovelist wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 am
pugchief wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:18 am
Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
LOL, poor Biden.

He was already battling senility, but now he’s been #MeToo’ed. He’s done.
The only question now is who's gonna get the nomination. Not Bernie, that's for sure. It's looking more and more like Cuomo will somehow get in there without ever campaigning. ???
Hillary.
No tongue emoji, so that is not sarcasm?
How would they ever justify that? Does anybody even want her anymore? Cuomo has a lot more universal appeal after the way he is handling CV. Hillary is just off the radar at this point.
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1818
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 am

Biden with Cuomo as VP. But Biden already said he was picking a woman, I think? Or was that Bernie? That was so...3 weeks ago.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3539
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Presidential poll

Post by pugchief » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 am
Biden with Cuomo as VP. But Biden already said he was picking a woman, I think? Or was that Bernie? That was so...3 weeks ago.
They both said it. I think Bernie even said a woman of color (but I'm not certain).

Hey, they're politicians. What they say and what they actually do are rarely the same. I think Biden picks Cuomo as VP and then either drops out or gets pushed out. No way they are going to let him try and finish this.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3814
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 am
Biden with Cuomo as VP. But Biden already said he was picking a woman, I think? Or was that Bernie? That was so...3 weeks ago.
Biden bas a history of picking women. >:D
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Presidential poll

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:12 pm

technovelist wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:34 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm
pugchief wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
Just bc you live in MA doesn't mean you have to claim to like Hillary. :P
Not true. I'm ALWAYS an Independent.

I am a New York Yankees fan in Massachusetts and I am so vocal and demonstrative about it that I'm THE Yankees fan in a lot of people's lives.

It' been that way my entire life being a Yankees fan in New England.

That holds true going way back to high school.

One night the Yankees lost a game to the Red Sox, by losing a big lead they'd had earlier in the game. I knew that the next day in both school and after school at softball I was going to be a #1 target for a lot of comments.

Therefore, I had to quickly think of how I could, instead, go on the offensive. I decided to assign and announce consecutive numbers to each person who thought that they could taunt me over that loss. I'll let you guess at what number I stopped assigning numbers.

Vinny
You are not an independent.
You are a Hillary supporter who has never voted for a Republican.
On the non-presidential level I've regularly voted for non-Democrats which includes Republicans and third parties.

But George Bush and all his blind Republican supporters (similar to the current regime) so destroyed the Republican brand that I decided that in 2006 I had to vote straight Democrat in my solo attempt to offer a complete repudiation of the Republican party.

I have since relented to vote for our current Republican governor. But if it comes down to Biden versus Trump for the first time ever in a presidential election I will not vote for the Democrat party candidate as they will have then ceased to exist as a party in my eyes. I will vote for a third party candidate.

Prior to that 2006 election this used to be part of my political emails signature: "Another independent moderate who voted for a Republican, a Green/Rainbow, an Independent, and two Democrats in the November 2004 elections."

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6018
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Presidential poll

Post by technovelist » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:35 pm

pugchief wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:16 am
technovelist wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 am
pugchief wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:18 am
Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
LOL, poor Biden.

He was already battling senility, but now he’s been #MeToo’ed. He’s done.
The only question now is who's gonna get the nomination. Not Bernie, that's for sure. It's looking more and more like Cuomo will somehow get in there without ever campaigning. ???
Hillary.
No tongue emoji, so that is not sarcasm?
How would they ever justify that? Does anybody even want her anymore? Cuomo has a lot more universal appeal after the way he is handling CV. Hillary is just off the radar at this point.
No, it isn't sarcasm.
Hillary's just waiting for the right time to ride in on her white horse to rescue the party.
Post Reply