Presidential poll

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Who would you rather have as President right now?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 pm

Joe Biden
2
9%
Hillary Clinton
3
14%
Donald Trump
17
77%
 
Total votes: 22
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5942
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Presidential poll

Post by technovelist » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Let's see how many people would prefer someone else as President right now.
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Tortoise » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm

I voted for Trump in this poll, but I still reserve the right to criticize certain aspects of his handling of the pandemic response.

We all make mistakes and can improve! Pretending like the mistakes don’t exist isn’t constructive or helpful.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3786
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10436
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Presidential poll

Post by dualstow » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm
I voted for Trump in this poll, but I still reserve the right to criticize certain aspects of his handling of the pandemic response.

We all make mistakes and can improve! Pretending like the mistakes don’t exist isn’t constructive or helpful.
Same.
VENEZUELA: U.K. Judge Rejects Maduro’s Bid for Gold
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Presidential poll

Post by vnatale » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3786
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:37 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
No problem. However I'll self-identify and say I'd rather have Aaron Burr. He had better ethics.
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Presidential poll

Post by pugchief » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
Just bc you live in MA doesn't mean you have to claim to like Hillary. :P
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5942
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Presidential poll

Post by technovelist » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm
I voted for Trump in this poll, but I still reserve the right to criticize certain aspects of his handling of the pandemic response.

We all make mistakes and can improve! Pretending like the mistakes don’t exist isn’t constructive or helpful.
I've started another poll on the question of whether support means uncritical approval of every action.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Presidential poll

Post by vnatale » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm

pugchief wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
Just bc you live in MA doesn't mean you have to claim to like Hillary. :P
Not true. I'm ALWAYS an Independent.

I am a New York Yankees fan in Massachusetts and I am so vocal and demonstrative about it that I'm THE Yankees fan in a lot of people's lives.

It' been that way my entire life being a Yankees fan in New England.

That holds true going way back to high school.

One night the Yankees lost a game to the Red Sox, by losing a big lead they'd had earlier in the game. I knew that the next day in both school and after school at softball I was going to be a #1 target for a lot of comments.

Therefore, I had to quickly think of how I could, instead, go on the offensive. I decided to assign and announce consecutive numbers to each person who thought that they could taunt me over that loss. I'll let you guess at what number I stopped assigning numbers.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Re: Presidential poll

Post by pmward » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:07 pm

The correct answer is D: none of the above...
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Tortoise » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm

LOL, poor Biden.

He was already battling senility, but now he’s been #MeToo’ed. He’s done.
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Presidential poll

Post by shekels » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
LOL, poor Biden.

He was already battling senility, but now he’s been #MeToo’ed. He’s done.
Someone just tell Biden he is off to a Great start, He won't remember anyway.
Last edited by shekels on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post Reply