Moderator: Global Moderator

blackomen
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Permanent Tooth and Gum Care Regime

Post by blackomen » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:15 am

pugchief wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 pm
I had not previously heard of Novamin. Googling it, I found an NIH paper that states that the substance has promise as an anti cavity agent, perhaps superior to fluoride.

I assure you that the ADA and or other dental groups are not trying to prevent its use unless they feel it is unsafe for some reason. We as dentists are always trying to put ourselves out of business in the interest of public health, in spite of what the public believes.

Depending on what issue you are trying to solve with toothpaste, it's unlikely to be a panacea. Many of the formulations, particularly regarding whitening are mostly marketing. Some incarnations have shown promise in other areas. For instance, Pronamel has been shown to reminerailze enamel, but if you sip Coke all day and brush with it only once a week, you will likely still get cavities. Etc. Etc. Xylitol has also shown to be effective.

The best advice I can give you all is brush, floss, Listerine and see your dentist twice a year. Don't ignore small problems as they will become large ones with time.

edit: for spelling and typos that make me regret using a tablet instead of a keyboard
Here's a recent viral article on Novamin: https://elemental.medium.com/why-is-the ... 3dda060501
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Wed May 01, 2019 1:01 am

I eat once a day, that reduces wear. And nothing tough like meats. After a few years of this, if I eat an early meal, i get very tired
Don

Post by Don » Wed May 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Wow. Look at page one of this thread. Where have all of those great posters gone?
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Thu May 02, 2019 2:15 am

Enjoying life, thats the point of the PP :)