Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

User avatar
tomfoolery
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by tomfoolery » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:03 pm

7D5E38FE-8F96-4470-BE50-5DE4184B0275.jpeg
7D5E38FE-8F96-4470-BE50-5DE4184B0275.jpeg (187 KiB) Viewed 342 times



My bad, should have posted this in the Other discussion forum, not Politics because clearly this was not a political decision on the part of NY State Governor. It’s the smart thing to do economically. Just a coincidence Biden is about to assume office.
Last edited by tomfoolery on Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5392
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by vnatale » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 pm

tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:03 pm

7D5E38FE-8F96-4470-BE50-5DE4184B0275.jpeg


I did see that on Fox News tonight. I also noticed how the people who were on at the time were quick to point out that..."this was what Trump has been saying all along..."

"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by GT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 am

vnatale wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 pm
tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:03 pm
7D5E38FE-8F96-4470-BE50-5DE4184B0275.jpeg
I did see that on Fox News tonight. I also noticed how the people who were on at the time were quick to point out that..."this was what Trump has been saying all along..."
Wow Vinny - Nice - takes a lot to make a statement like that.....

You are correct Trump / conservatives / small business owners have been making that point for a while -

It will be interesting to see how the Media / political narrative might change now that Biden will have responsibility for the economy / COVID.
User avatar
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4246
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by doodle » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am

Let me second that...Dems should have compromised on keeping business open and worked to achieve that, and Repubs should have compromised on masks...even if they thought they were stupid.
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2322
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by Tortoise » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:40 pm

doodle wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am
Let me second that...Dems should have compromised on keeping business open and worked to achieve that, and Repubs should have compromised on masks...even if they thought they were stupid.
Like letting private businesses impose their own mask requirements if most of their customers demand it?
User avatar
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4246
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by doodle » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:40 pm
doodle wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am
Let me second that...Dems should have compromised on keeping business open and worked to achieve that, and Repubs should have compromised on masks...even if they thought they were stupid.
Like letting private businesses impose their own mask requirements if most of their customers demand it?
Would that be like letting private businesses impose their own speech and decency requirements? If you don't like it, then just go elsewhere kind of thing? Is there an underlying principle we are operating under or are we just pandering to political bias?
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2322
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by Tortoise » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:49 pm

doodle wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm
Would that be like letting private businesses impose their own speech and decency requirements? If you don't like it, then just go elsewhere kind of thing?
Yes, basically. Some businesses have signs that say "No shoes or shirt, no service". Other businesses cater to upscale clientele, so if you walk in and start using vulgar language or making too much noise, an employee will ask you to either tone it down or leave.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. I think businesses should similarly be able to set their own standards regarding mask-wearing.
doodle wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm
Is there an underlying principle we are operating under or are we just pandering to political bias?
I don't know. What do you think?
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by boglerdude » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Once a century pandemic hits the same year as the most politically divisive election! unlucky year eh
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by SomeDude » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 am

boglerdude wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Once a century pandemic hits the same year as the most politically divisive election! unlucky year eh
And it's so deadly almost no one knows anyone who knows anyone who died from it.

But it's so deadly we can't go to the polls and a 100 million ballots need to be randomly mailed out and returned with zero reliable confirmation they came from an eligible voter who also only voted once.

There are people on this forum who have convinced themselves joe Biden is the most popular man who ever lived and got 80M votes, but i promise not a single repuke senator or house member fell for this. They just all went along with it.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5392
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by vnatale » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 am

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 am

boglerdude wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Once a century pandemic hits the same year as the most politically divisive election! unlucky year eh


And it's so deadly almost no one knows anyone who knows anyone who died from it.

But it's so deadly we can't go to the polls and a 100 million ballots need to be randomly mailed out and returned with zero reliable confirmation they came from an eligible voter who also only voted once.

There are people on this forum who have convinced themselves joe Biden is the most popular man who ever lived and got 80M votes, but i promise not a single repuke senator or house member fell for this. They just all went along with it.


Can you find a post anywhere in this forum where anyone stated that " joe Biden is the most popular man who ever lived"? I know that many of us believe he got those votes. But we also believe that the MAJOR reason was due to the unpopularity of Trump, which made many of Biden votes an Anyone But Trump vote.

"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by SomeDude » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 am
SomeDude wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 am
boglerdude wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Once a century pandemic hits the same year as the most politically divisive election! unlucky year eh
And it's so deadly almost no one knows anyone who knows anyone who died from it.

But it's so deadly we can't go to the polls and a 100 million ballots need to be randomly mailed out and returned with zero reliable confirmation they came from an eligible voter who also only voted once.

There are people on this forum who have convinced themselves joe Biden is the most popular man who ever lived and got 80M votes, but i promise not a single repuke senator or house member fell for this. They just all went along with it.
Can you find a post anywhere in this forum where anyone stated that " joe Biden is the most popular man who ever lived"? I know that many of us believe he got those votes. But we also believe that the MAJOR reason was due to the unpopularity of Trump, which made many of Biden votes an Anyone But Trump vote.
Trump got more votes by far than in 2016, more than any republican ever, and more than any incumbent ever by far. He was wildly popular with Republican voters, at least the most popular since Regan if not more so. He drew massive crowds wherever he went on a moment's notice and people would drive in huge caravans and boat parades to support.

He also broke decades plus records for minority votes, despite the media lying for five years about him being a racist. In my home state of FL he got something like 48% of Hispanic votes.

We also can be sure his votes are legit, since they were overwhelming in person, as opposed to giant dumps of mail-in ballots from God knows where.

So I'm going to follow through with your logic. Biden got huge numbers of votes because Trump is so unpopular. I guess Trump's huge vote totals are because Biden is so unpopular. That's plausible since Biden has a tiny fraction of followers by comparison and probably couldn't fill a phone booth to listen to him stubble through a teleprompter speech.

If you believe that logic Vinny.......you must believe that these guys are the two most unpopular candidates ever, yet somehow smashed all previous records for votes by a huge number. Let that sink in, most unpopular candidates ever get the most votes ever by far.

It's more likely Trump got 75M votes, 12M more than in 2016 which isn't disputed, and Biden got the same 65M or less that Barrack and Hillary got. The result was Trump won all the bellwether counties and states and Republicans smashed the dems across the country in house races. Then millions of fake votes were generated in 7 swing states in dem cities where they kicked out observers.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5392
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Biden is President! We can Reopen Our Economy!

Post by vnatale » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:59 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 am

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 am

boglerdude wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Once a century pandemic hits the same year as the most politically divisive election! unlucky year eh


And it's so deadly almost no one knows anyone who knows anyone who died from it.

But it's so deadly we can't go to the polls and a 100 million ballots need to be randomly mailed out and returned with zero reliable confirmation they came from an eligible voter who also only voted once.

There are people on this forum who have convinced themselves joe Biden is the most popular man who ever lived and got 80M votes, but i promise not a single repuke senator or house member fell for this. They just all went along with it.


Can you find a post anywhere in this forum where anyone stated that " joe Biden is the most popular man who ever lived"? I know that many of us believe he got those votes. But we also believe that the MAJOR reason was due to the unpopularity of Trump, which made many of Biden votes an Anyone But Trump vote.


Trump got more votes by far than in 2016, more than any republican ever, and more than any incumbent ever by far. He was wildly popular with Republican voters, at least the most popular since Regan if not more so. He drew massive crowds wherever he went on a moment's notice and people would drive in huge caravans and boat parades to support.

He also broke decades plus records for minority votes, despite the media lying for five years about him being a racist. In my home state of FL he got something like 48% of Hispanic votes.

We also can be sure his votes are legit, since they were overwhelming in person, as opposed to giant dumps of mail-in ballots from God knows where.

So I'm going to follow through with your logic. Biden got huge numbers of votes because Trump is so unpopular. I guess Trump's huge vote totals are because Biden is so unpopular. That's plausible since Biden has a tiny fraction of followers by comparison and probably couldn't fill a phone booth to listen to him stubble through a teleprompter speech.

If you believe that logic Vinny.......you must believe that these guys are the two most unpopular candidates ever, yet somehow smashed all previous records for votes by a huge number. Let that sink in, most unpopular candidates ever get the most votes ever by far.

It's more likely Trump got 75M votes, 12M more than in 2016 which isn't disputed, and Biden got the same 65M or less that Barrack and Hillary got. The result was Trump won all the bellwether counties and states and Republicans smashed the dems across the country in house races. Then millions of fake votes were generated in 7 swing states in dem cities where they kicked out observers.


Is it then a fair inference from all you say that due to Trump's undisputed popularity then there must have also been massive election fraud in all the House elections of 2018 that gave the house to the Democrats, in the 2020 elections that lost Republicans Senate seats, and, finally, the same for the recent two Georgia senate elections?

"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
Post Reply