Coronavirus General Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by pmward » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:16 am

Yeah there is some discrepancy I've noticed here in the AZ numbers as well. From what I can gather it's that some sources (like the AZDHS) are only reporting the CDC test positives, and others are reporting both CDC and private testing facility positives. I'm not sure if something like that is going on in NY as well?
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by pugchief » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 am

Now that Abbott has started mass producing tests, I think we're quickly going to see a whole lot of revisions in the data. Obviously not the count, but the morbidity and mortality rates.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10436
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 am

If it weren't for this crisis, I wouldn't have learned so many interesting things about the W.H.O. For example, they are China's b*tch and they hate Israel. Just two of the many amazing facts out there.
VENEZUELA: U.K. Judge Rejects Maduro’s Bid for Gold
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Maddy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:02 am

Yesterday marked a turning point for me, at which time I am now >50% inclined to believe that this is a contrived crisis. The revelation that enormous caches of PPE supplies have been held back (not by ordinary citizens, but by "stakeholders," so to speak), was just the latest in a parade of paradoxes and nonsequiturs that can no longer be rationally explained by incompetence.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by pugchief » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:06 am

dualstow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 am
If it weren't for this crisis, I wouldn't have learned so many interesting things about the W.H.O. For example, they are China's b*tch and they hate Israel. Just two of the many amazing facts out there.
Why would they hate Israel? Some of the best med-tech and pharma-tech comes out of there.
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3617
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by sophie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 am

Maddy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:02 am
Yesterday marked a turning point for me, at which time I am now >50% inclined to believe that this is a contrived crisis. The revelation that enormous caches of PPE supplies have been held back (not by ordinary citizens, but by "stakeholders," so to speak), was just the latest in a parade of paradoxes and nonsequiturs that can no longer be rationally explained by incompetence.
Sorry, Maddy, but it's not contrived. I can believe that companies might have either forgotten about their PPE caches, or just not have been willing to hand them over until recently. FWIW, a friend of mine is saying the same thing, about this being all a political construct aimed at manipulating elections.

Here's an email I got just this morning from a former student of mine who is an anesthesiology resident in the city. Details redacted to protect anonymity.
Currently, [the] hospital = a big COVID cave. On Thursday they moved all pediatric patients to [another hospital]. All pediatric wards have been converted into COVID units. NICU, however, can not move because OB is still active, so ... premature babies live next to COVID patients (I just hope babies do not have ACE so they would be somehow immune ...). There are almost no non-COVID patients in the hospital anymore ...

Stay safe ~~ and I really wish you won't be reassigned anywhere ... especially to Queens ... my colleagues who are reassigned there said it is like hell there ... patients dying on the hallway ...
I'm REALLY glad if the daily new cases continue to trend down like I've been seeing, but I expect hospitals may still see increases in COVID cases for a while. It sounds like it would be hard to accommodate more. There are 2000 more beds that are supposed to come online by Monday (field hospitals plus the ship) but I understand those are only for non-COVID cases.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10436
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am

pugchief wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:06 am
dualstow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 am
If it weren't for this crisis, I wouldn't have learned so many interesting things about the W.H.O. For example, they are China's b*tch and they hate Israel. Just two of the many amazing facts out there.
Why would they hate Israel? Some of the best med-tech and pharma-tech comes out of there.
I know, and I'm sure that drives them nuts.

btw: 'Trump Is Right About the Coronavirus. The WHO Is Wrong,' Says Israeli Expert
Dr. Dan Yamin has developed models for predicting the spread of infectious diseases, and helped curb the Ebola epidemic. He says the coronavirus could take some 13,000 lives in Israel – but there's cause for optimism
“The actual number of people who are sick with the virus in South Korea is at least double what’s being reported, so the chance of dying is at least twice as low, standing at about 0.45 percent – very far from the World Health Organization’s [global mortality] figure of 3.4 percent. And that’s already a reason for cautious optimism.”
Granted this is from 7 days ago.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.pr ... -1.8691031
VENEZUELA: U.K. Judge Rejects Maduro’s Bid for Gold
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Maddy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:01 pm

sophie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 am
Maddy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:02 am
Yesterday marked a turning point for me, at which time I am now >50% inclined to believe that this is a contrived crisis. The revelation that enormous caches of PPE supplies have been held back (not by ordinary citizens, but by "stakeholders," so to speak), was just the latest in a parade of paradoxes and nonsequiturs that can no longer be rationally explained by incompetence.
Sorry, Maddy, but it's not contrived. I can believe that companies might have either forgotten about their PPE caches, or just not have been willing to hand them over until recently. FWIW, a friend of mine is saying the same thing, about this being all a political construct aimed at manipulating elections.
In retrospect, "contrived" was a poor choice of words. I don't deny that hospitals are overwhelmed, but I do question what brought us to this point and what interests were being advanced by having a nation on lock-down and the world economy at a virtual standstill. So perhaps the term "engineered crisis" would have been better.
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1806
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:10 pm

What or who would this being engineered help out?

I apparently have swallowed the blue pill, because again, I have intelligent colleagues who are saying this is all some kind of cover to round up all the pedophiles in the world without having riots. Some group of patriot generals are running this. I’ve heard for the first time words like adrenochrome. Some satanic pedophile cult, that even the pope is part of. The mercy ships going to NY and CA will be the method to round these people up and bring them to Guantanamo.

And you can’t believe any of the news sources or people who debunk this stuff because they are controlled by this pedophile group. So you either believe or you are wrong.

And when none of this happens, they’ll just change the date to sometime in the future and try again.

The human mind is so open to conspiracies, it is amazing.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10436
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:10 pm
...
I apparently have swallowed the blue pill, because again, I have intelligent colleagues who are saying this is all some kind of cover to round up all the pedophiles in the world without having riots.
..
The human mind is so open to conspiracies, it is amazing.
I still have the t-shirt from my last pro-pedophile riot.

:P
VENEZUELA: U.K. Judge Rejects Maduro’s Bid for Gold
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3786
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:10 pm
What or who would this being engineered help out?

I apparently have swallowed the blue pill, because again, I have intelligent colleagues who are saying this is all some kind of cover to round up all the pedophiles in the world without having riots. Some group of patriot generals are running this. I’ve heard for the first time words like adrenochrome. Some satanic pedophile cult, that even the pope is part of. The mercy ships going to NY and CA will be the method to round these people up and bring them to Guantanamo.

And you can’t believe any of the news sources or people who debunk this stuff because they are controlled by this pedophile group. So you either believe or you are wrong.

And when none of this happens, they’ll just change the date to sometime in the future and try again.

The human mind is so open to conspiracies, it is amazing.
J U S T .... WOW!
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by pugchief » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:21 pm

Can someone please ELI5 what adrenochrome means in terms of the current state of affairs? Google was of no help.
Post Reply