Nostalgia

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Nostalgia

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Anyone have records here for what is the longest time any topic has run?

I'm looking at this one [Bond Dream Room] and it's been going on for five and one-half years!

Vinny
bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:20 am

Re: Nostalgia

Post by bedraggled » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Vinny,

“Figuring out religion” started December, 2013
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Re: Nostalgia

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:49 pm

bedraggled wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm
Vinny,

“Figuring out religion” started December, 2013
Are you saying that one holds the record? I don't know if I have seen any recent posts in that topic.

Vinny
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2864
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Nostalgia

Post by pugchief » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:08 pm

If you click on the button on any topic page, you can choose sort options. If you pick 'replies', it will sort by most active. You might have to do this for each sub-section and manually compare.
sort.jpg
sort.jpg (60.34 KiB) Viewed 455 times
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Re: Nostalgia

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:06 pm

pugchief wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:08 pm
If you click on the button on any topic page, you can choose sort options. If you pick 'replies', it will sort by most active. You might have to do this for each sub-section and manually compare.

sort.jpg
Thanks for that. I see that the Figuring Out Religion topic was as recent as four days ago.

Vinny
bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:20 am

Re: Nostalgia

Post by bedraggled » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Vinny,

I believe there is an older thread or two. You might find that such threads and, also, members from 2010 and 2011 chiming in, makes this forum fun. For example, Medium Tex contributed recently. He and CraigR started this forum. Medium Tex’s reappearance and contribution created a minor, positive uproar for a little while. Some members of more recent vintage are scarce and that’s unfortunate.

You have brought some energy to our forum. I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions.

Cheers.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Re: Nostalgia

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:52 pm

bedraggled wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:13 pm
Vinny,

I believe there is an older thread or two. You might find that such threads and, also, members from 2010 and 2011 chiming in, makes this forum fun. For example, Medium Tex contributed recently. He and CraigR started this forum. Medium Tex’s reappearance and contribution created a minor, positive uproar for a little while. Some members of more recent vintage are scarce and that’s unfortunate.

You have brought some energy to our forum. I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions.

Cheers.
Thank you for the compliment.

I joined here last April but did not become active until sometime in September.

But in April, after having read every single post of Craig's in the BogleHead's forum, I think came here and read every single one of his here. And, in the process, I did also read several of many other people's when they were intertwined with what he was saying.

Vinny
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2864
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Nostalgia

Post by pugchief » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 am

bedraggled wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:13 pm
Vinny,

You have brought some energy to our forum. I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions.

Cheers.
+1
bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:20 am

Re: Nostalgia

Post by bedraggled » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 am

Vinny,

Annie B started the Gold Scream Room in May, 2013.

Anyone heard from Annie B?

Xan,

Is it worth establishing a nostalgia thread?

Thanks.
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2318
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Xan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:54 am

bedraggled wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 am
Vinny,

Annie B started the Gold Scream Room in May, 2013.

Anyone heard from Annie B?

Xan,

Is it worth establishing a nostalgia thread?

Thanks.
Go for it.
bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:20 am

Re: Nostalgia

Post by bedraggled » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:16 am

Xan,

Do you transfer some posts and set it up or do I start a nostalgia read?

I don’t want to overstep.
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2318
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Xan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:41 am

Oh, okay sure. I didn't realize there had been significant nostalgia already discussed here. Moving a bunch of posts from Bond Dream Room to Nostalgia.
Post Reply