Will Trump be Re-elected?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Will Trump be Re-elected?

Trump is more effective than people are willing to admit [ala Scott Adams] and will be re-elected.
37%
Hillary will run again in 2020, and thus Trump will beat her again.
5%
Trump will cause the GOP to lose one or both houses of congress in the mid-term elections.
9%
The Dems in congress will be so insufferable, Trumps wins by a small margin despite them.
23%
Trump will choose not to run for re-election, since he never really wanted the job anyway.
11%
Trump is a disaster and will lose by a landslide.
8%
Trump will not only lose, but will lose to a candidate so far to the left that people will wish he'd stayed.
5%
Other, please elaborate.
3%

Total votes: 65
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by technovelist » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm
To conservatives out there:

Trump tweet: "Budget Deal is phenomenal for our Great Military, our Vets, and Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!" he tweeted. "Two year deal gets us past the Election. Go for it Republicans, there is always plenty of time to CUT!"

Budgets and debt only matter when the other party is in power.

All hypocrites and they all suck.
On this topic you are certainly right.
jhogue
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jhogue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm

I don't recall Trump running as a fiscal conservative in 2016.
“Groucho Marx wrote:
A stock trader asked him, "Groucho, where do you put all your money?" Groucho was said to have replied, "In Treasury bonds", and the trader said, "You can't make much money on those." Groucho said, "You can if you have enough of them!"
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:55 pm

jhogue wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm
I don't recall Trump running as a fiscal conservative in 2016.
To quote Hillary Clinton, "what difference does it make at this point".

G.W. Bush ran as a fiscal conservative and added $6 trillion dollars to the debt.

The only difference between Dems and Repubs on this issue is that Dems believe in "tax and spend" and Repubs in "Cut taxes and spend".
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm

My, except for the spam that got through it's getting pretty boring around here.

So does anyone remember how the Republicans were all over Obama for the mass murders that happened on his watch? And that included the elementary school shooting in Sandy Hook, the Las Vegas country concert shooting, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the San Bernadino shootings and I could go on and on.

Don't remember? Neither do I.

Never seen anything like this in all of my years of observing politics. The total dishonestly and hypocrisy makes you want to tune completely out of politics and current events but I think that is maybe the whole point of the democrat strategy,

Sickening.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Yeah, Trump wants to reduce immigration from the current insane levels, and therefore he hates Mexicans, Africans, Asians, etc.

Trump points out that Democratic leaders are doing a terrible job at improving places like Baltimore, and therefore he is racist against African-Americans.

Ergo, we have a bunch of mass shootings.

It makes perfect sense.

And when he points out that the fake news is actually a big part of the problem behind the mass shootings, he is 100% correct. The fake news won't acknowledge that our current immigration levels are insanely high; all they do is stoke the flames by pretending there is no problem and blaming Trump for seeing that there is a problem. Same with Baltimore.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm
Yeah, Trump wants to reduce immigration from the current insane levels, and therefore he hates Mexicans, Africans, Asians, etc.

Trump points out that Democratic leaders are doing a terrible job at improving places like Baltimore, and therefore he is racist against African-Americans.

Ergo, we have a bunch of mass shootings.

It makes perfect sense.

And when he points out that the fake news is actually a big part of the problem behind the mass shootings, he is 100% correct. The fake news won't acknowledge that our current immigration levels are insanely high; all they do is stoke the flames by pretending there is no problem and blaming Trump for seeing that there is a problem. Same with Baltimore.
I still give the majority of the American people credit for being able to see through all of this and discern what's really going on.

Otherwise I would lose all hope (at least in the American electorate).
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm
My, except for the spam that got through it's getting pretty boring around here.
Hey now, although there are some interesting people here, the forum is principally for education, not your entertainment.
You want thrills, then turn on Hee Haw.
Telegram or Signal? Decisions, decisions.
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Hey now, although there are some interesting people here, the forum is principally for education, not your entertainment.
Hee Haw baffled and frightened me a little as a child. In retrospect, I see it differently and admire the quality music, corny humor and girl next door sexuality it offered.

Hee Haw mined the same vein as The Dukes of Hazzard. Where Hee Haw provided a low brow showcase for important American Art, The Dukes of Hazzard provided a low brow redemption story that is as American as it gets: well-intentioned good old boys trying to escape their pasts while struggling against the forces of evil and incompetence that surround them.
Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg.
-Dwight Eisenhower
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 pm

MediumTex wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm
dualstow wrote:
jacksonM wrote:
Hee Haw baffled and frightened me a little as a child. In retrospect, I see it differently and admire the quality music, corny humor and girl next door sexuality it offered.

Hee Haw mined the same vein as The Dukes of Hazzard. Where Hee Haw provided a low brow showcase for important American Art, The Dukes of Hazzard provided a low brow redemption story that is as American as it gets: well-intentioned good old boys trying to escape their pasts while struggling against the forces of evil and incompetence that surround them.
MediumTex, seeing you post here is like seeing a unicorn for me.

Big fan. ;D ;D ;D

I became a PP proponent long after the epic thread on the Bogleheads forum. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and content.
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 pm
MediumTex wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm
dualstow wrote:

MediumTex, seeing you post here is like seeing a unicorn for me.

Big fan. ;D ;D ;D

I became a PP proponent long after the epic thread on the Bogleheads forum. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and content.
Ditto re. Medium Tex - I still really like the Spyderco Delica knife he recommended to me. Excellent choice.
Romans 1:16-32
gizmo_rat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gizmo_rat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:08 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am
Ditto re. Medium Tex - I still really like the Spyderco Delica knife he recommended to me. Excellent choice.
Portfolio recommendation worked out pretty well, not so sure about the leather chaps.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:04 am

Wow, if I knew invoking that title could summon you, Medium Tex, I would have done it years ago! O0 (or is it gold’s rise?)

Btw, it was mentioned the other day on the radio as the first really high-tech-produced show — no joke — to film everything out of sequence and then put it all together with computers. You and I are the same age and I have fond memories of the show from childhood.
Telegram or Signal? Decisions, decisions.