The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 8785
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Location: next to emotional support peacock
Contact:

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Perhaps it’s unfair to put this item in this thread as it’s more “world gone crazy.” I’m tempted to put it here because of the left’s obsession with race, and because of their anti-white slant (my personal perception).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/07/us/afrof ... index.html
RIP Paul Volcker
User avatar
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1837
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Grocery Store "Go Back Where You Came From" Hoax via Tim Pool

Black Georgia state representative claims a white guy told her to go back where she came from when she tried to check out too many items in the express lane. He shows up at her press conference to let everyone know she was lying, that he's Cuban, and that he's an Anti-Trump Democrat. Now she says he might not have exactly said to go back where she came from :D :D :D

I'm sure this isn't the first case of TDS that has manifested in auditory hallucinations. Fascinating stuff.
To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream; ay, there's the rub
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

The "Wax My Balls" Lady is Doubling Down

Post by Maddy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Now "she" is boasting that she got a cosmetics store shut down. https://www.infowars.com/transgender-ac ... shut-down/

There's a name for this mindset and behavior, and a DSM diagnosis to boot. They're flaming BOR-DER-LINES.
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3212
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by sophie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:31 am

Not sure it's too helpful to focus on the antics of a crazy person, because nut jobs have always and will always be with us independently of any sort of politics.

However, I take the point that this crazy person was able to exploit the basic illogic of transgender politics for greater effect & publicity than might otherwise be possible. Not too long ago, what you did if you wanted to be transgender was to quietly go for it, maybe join a reddit forum, but otherwise keep it to yourself and your circle of friends. I know a number of transgender people who hold responsible positions and are well respected in their fields, and the fact that they're transgender doesn't even register with most of their colleagues. Now, being transgender is a political statement and is even being held as something to aspire to. Sort of like how being Hispanic apparently makes you morally superior.
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Maddy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:04 am

However, I don't see this as a phenomenon at all unique to the "transgender" crowd. It's become emblematic of the New Left.

It's not only transgenders who have adopted the familiar "you're either my persecutor or my savior" mentality characteristic of BPD, or who have acquired the knack for "triangulating." Or who spend their days actually creating situations that foment conflict and that feed the control issues and persecution complexes they experience in their heads.

Once upon a time, it was the province of disturbed 14-year-old girls in psych wards to exert control over other people by setting in motion a conflict and watching from a distance ("Who, me?") when the two projectiles collide in a massive firestorm somewhere down the road. Now, we've got an entire political movement that has embraced deception, provocation, gaslighting and other forms of manipulation as the antidote to whatever form of emotional turmoil these self-styled victims happen to be experiencing.

These people are no longer content to simply live their lives as they choose. When they feel distressed or powerless, it's not enough to work through their issues in the privacy of their homes with the support of friends and professionals. They actively project their issues onto other people, demanding that society at large become an unwitting prop in their never-ending psychodrama.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by jacksonM » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 am

I wonder how long it will be before we have "Human Rights Tribunals" for this sort of thing like they have in Canada.

If this ever does come to the U.S.A I think they are going to need a lot of judges because those courts will be very busy.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3802
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:59 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 am
I wonder how long it will be before we have "Human Rights Tribunals" for this sort of thing like they have in Canada.

If this ever does come to the U.S.A I think they are going to need a lot of judges because those courts will be very busy.
Your statement reminds me of something I heard recently: If the people in the US continue down the road of no external authority, whether God or civil law, is valued, i.e "self is all important, to hell with those who disagree with me" and morality goes by the wayside, it is not possible to have sufficient numbers of police to maintain order. Chaos will reign supreme.
Romans 1:16-32
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by jacksonM » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:59 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 am
I wonder how long it will be before we have "Human Rights Tribunals" for this sort of thing like they have in Canada.

If this ever does come to the U.S.A I think they are going to need a lot of judges because those courts will be very busy.
Your statement reminds me of something I heard recently: If the people in the US continue down the road of no external authority, whether God or civil law, is valued, i.e "self is all important, to hell with those who disagree with me" and morality goes by the wayside, it is not possible to have sufficient numbers of police to maintain order. Chaos will reign supreme.
I think I know what "external authority" you have in mind and frankly I don't think it has much guidance to offer in these troubling times. Re: the most troubling and chaotic time in our nation's history - the civil war. Of what help was the external authority in resolving the question of slavery? None, I think. Both sides quoted it with equal fervor. I think you could say the same thing about the controversy of scrotum waxing. We know the almighty is against boiling a kid in it's mother's milk but we don't really have any specific guidance on this subject.

I do agree with your basic point however. I don't view it in the context of End Time Biblical prophecy as you probably do but yes it's troubling. When I hear the Dems say "nobody is above the law" when talking about Trump I think immediately of illegal immigration. And that's another issue where you can quote scripture and make your point either way.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3802
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:01 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:00 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:59 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 am
I wonder how long it will be before we have "Human Rights Tribunals" for this sort of thing like they have in Canada.

If this ever does come to the U.S.A I think they are going to need a lot of judges because those courts will be very busy.
Your statement reminds me of something I heard recently: If the people in the US continue down the road of no external authority, whether God or civil law, is valued, i.e "self is all important, to hell with those who disagree with me" and morality goes by the wayside, it is not possible to have sufficient numbers of police to maintain order. Chaos will reign supreme.
I think I know what "external authority" you have in mind and frankly I don't think it has much guidance to offer in these troubling times. Re: the most troubling and chaotic time in our nation's history - the civil war. Of what help was the external authority in resolving the question of slavery? None, I think. Both sides quoted it with equal fervor. I think you could say the same thing about the controversy of scrotum waxing. We know the almighty is against boiling a kid in it's mother's milk but we don't really have any specific guidance on this subject.

I do agree with your basic point however. I don't view it in the context of End Time Biblical prophecy as you probably do but yes it's troubling. When I hear the Dems say "nobody is above the law" when talking about Trump I think immediately of illegal immigration. And that's another issue where you can quote scripture and make your point either way.
Actually I meant "external authority" in the broadest sense (like what I described in the i.e. " "). In the case of the Civil War, the soldiers followed the external authority of their commanders or were likely shot. If one chooses to operate only on what they personally think is right (they themselves being THE source of authority) all we are left with is chaos. A society, in order to function, must have some commonly held source of external authority be it police, civil laws, a dictator, a tyrant, or God's law. I see the US slipping away from that external authority - e.g. hooligans who dump water on police and laugh; drivers who run red lights, stop signs and cut others off in traffic; illegals who swarm to cross the border with little consequence; and lastly those who boil their kids in its mother's milk (just kidding - pun intended - on that one since we don't live in the Jewish theocracy of a couple thousand years ago). AFWIW, I'm not really in to End Times stuff; that's more for the fundie TV preachers who are looking to buy a new jet.
Romans 1:16-32
User avatar
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1837
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm

White Democrats Are Resigning Following Diversity Scandal And Demands
Tim Pool wrote:Far left ideology and intersectionality are becoming pervasive within the Democratic Party to the extent that several white democrats have resigned from senior positions at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee over demands for more diversity. One woman Allison Jaslow even went on to say she must bow out to help the mission.
;D
To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream; ay, there's the rub
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 8785
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Location: next to emotional support peacock
Contact:

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm
White Democrats Are Resigning Following Diversity Scandal And Demands
Tim Pool wrote:Far left ideology and intersectionality are becoming pervasive within the Democratic Party to the extent that several white democrats have resigned from senior positions at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee over demands for more diversity. One woman Allison Jaslow even went on to say she must bow out to help the mission.
;D
Should we all just step onto an ice floe and go away? Am I white enough to join? I should really confirm that in advance.
RIP Paul Volcker
User avatar
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by l82start » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:58 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm
White Democrats Are Resigning Following Diversity Scandal And Demands
Tim Pool wrote:Far left ideology and intersectionality are becoming pervasive within the Democratic Party to the extent that several white democrats have resigned from senior positions at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee over demands for more diversity. One woman Allison Jaslow even went on to say she must bow out to help the mission.
;D
Should we all just step onto an ice floe and go away? Am I white enough to join? I should really confirm that in advance.
ice flows are for Eskimos Inuit peoples, way to "cultural appropriation "... you may be white enough.. ;)
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but with a bureaucrat

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
Post Reply