Podcasts

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Podcasts

Post by dualstow » Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm

krieggspiel wrote: (orig. attributed to moda. fixed)
The history of Zionism and its international support, the way the Jews bought the land from absentee landlords, the British involvement and Jewish terrorist activities, are all really fascinating to me.

The terrorist activities did not extend outside of the mideast, did they? That’s not a rhetorical question; I’m genuinely curious. I remember reading about the King David hotel bombing ages ago, but I need a refresher on the rest. I’ll have to get back into the podacst.
Last edited by dualstow on Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gold has been above 1445
TODFTHR
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:04 am

dualstow wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm
moda0306 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:22 pm
The history of Zionism and its international support, the way the Jews bought the land from absentee landlords, the British involvement and Jewish terrorist activities, are all really fascinating to me.

The terrorist activities did not extend outside of the mideast, did they? That’s not a rhetorical question; I’m genuinely curious. I remember reading about the King David hotel bombing ages ago, but I need a refresher on the rest. I’ll have to get back into the podacst.
That quote wasn't my comment, but I don't think there were Zionist/"Israeli" attacks outside of the Mideast. I put Israeli in quotes because it wasn't an actual country for a solid chunk of Zionist history.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon May 20, 2019 11:04 am

Ah, sorry about that. I see it was Kriegs’ quote
Gold has been above 1445
TODFTHR
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 pm

dualstow wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:04 am
Ah, sorry about that. I see it was Kriegs’ quote
I SAW NO NOTIFICATION AND NOW I FEEL SLIGHTED

I can't think of any Zionist attacks outside of the area they were fighting for.
Only a few prefer liberty-- the majority seek nothing more than fair masters.
- Gaius Sallustius Crispus
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Only a few prefer liberty-- the majority seek nothing more than fair masters.
- Gaius Sallustius Crispus
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 am

I haven’t heard it yet, but yesterday I noticed Michael Lewis has a new podcast.
Gold has been above 1445
TODFTHR
Pet Hog

Post by Pet Hog » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:08 pm

I found the Peter Attia Drive three-part sleep podcast with Matthew Walker to be most fascinating. I first heard him on Joe Rogan and also on Rhonda Patrick, but this conversation with Peter Attia is the most comprehensive.

#47 – Matthew Walker, Ph.D., on sleep – Part I of III: Dangers of poor sleep, Alzheimer’s risk, mental health, memory consolidation, and more

#48 – Matthew Walker, Ph.D., on sleep – Part II of III: Heart disease, cancer, sexual function, and the causes of sleep disruption (and tips to correct it)

#49 – Matthew Walker, Ph.D., on sleep – Part III of III: The penetrating effects of poor sleep from metabolism to performance to genetics, and the impact of caffeine, alcohol, THC, and CBD on sleep

There's also a bonus AMA esoisode, but I'm not a subscriber so haven't heard more than the teaser:

#58 – AMA with sleep expert, Matthew Walker, Ph.D.: Strategies for sleeping more, sleeping better, and avoiding things that are disrupting sleep

The take-home message is what we probably can intuit, but probably don't often practice: that sleep should be regular, long, uninterrupted, and deep. Just like many other things in life!