Will Trump be Re-elected?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Will Trump be Re-elected?

Trump is more effective than people are willing to admit [ala Scott Adams] and will be re-elected.
37%
Hillary will run again in 2020, and thus Trump will beat her again.
5%
Trump will cause the GOP to lose one or both houses of congress in the mid-term elections.
9%
The Dems in congress will be so insufferable, Trumps wins by a small margin despite them.
23%
Trump will choose not to run for re-election, since he never really wanted the job anyway.
11%
Trump is a disaster and will lose by a landslide.
8%
Trump will not only lose, but will lose to a candidate so far to the left that people will wish he'd stayed.
5%
Other, please elaborate.
3%

Total votes: 65
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by moda0306 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/ ... yemen.html
As a presidential candidate, Donald Trump repeatedly suggested that Saudi Arabia had orchestrated the 9/11 attacks — and that the United States should stop wasting resources on bloody Middle Eastern wars that have no real connection to our national interest.

As president, Trump just vetoed a congressional resolution that would have ended U.S. support for a Saudi war in Yemen that has likely claimed the lives of more than 85,000 children under 5 years old, and triggered the worst humanitarian crisis on planet Earth — so as to defend America’s vital interest in ensuring that the Middle East’s poorest country is ruled by a puppet of Sunni Islamists, instead of Shia ones.
We finally get congress and even the Senate to vote for a resolution to remove our support for the genocide in Yemen, and Trump vetoes it.

The idea that he is an "enemy of the deep state" is ludicrous. He's just another tool of Pompeo, Bolton, Israel, the M-I Complex, etc.

Forget about impeachment or criminal charges for "collusion" or "obstruction"... why don't we start talking about stringing Trump up on war crimes? I'd be curious for anyone who claims to be a libertarian or anarchist to defend Trump at this point. He had the perfect opportunity to withdraw murderous aid and material support without having to burn a ton of political capital, and he didn't even take that.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:29 pm

moda0306 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm
As a presidential candidate, Donald Trump repeatedly suggested that Saudi Arabia had orchestrated the 9/11 attacks — and that the United States should stop wasting resources on bloody Middle Eastern wars that have no real connection to our national interest.

As president, Trump just vetoed a congressional resolution that would have ended U.S. support for a Saudi war in Yemen that has likely claimed the lives of more than 85,000 children under 5 years old, and triggered the worst humanitarian crisis on planet Earth — so as to defend America’s vital interest in ensuring that the Middle East’s poorest country is ruled by a puppet of Sunni Islamists, instead of Shia ones.
We finally get congress and even the Senate to vote for a resolution to remove our support for the genocide in Yemen, and Trump vetoes it.

The idea that he is an "enemy of the deep state" is ludicrous. He's just another tool of Pompeo, Bolton, Israel, the M-I Complex, etc.

Forget about impeachment or criminal charges for "collusion" or "obstruction"... why don't we start talking about stringing Trump up on war crimes? I'd be curious for anyone who claims to be a libertarian or anarchist to defend Trump at this point. He had the perfect opportunity to withdraw murderous aid and material support without having to burn a ton of political capital, and he didn't even take that.
Of course I'd be in favor of the US withdrawing from all the wars that we are involved in, no matter which President started them.

But tell me, which wars have been started by Trump?

As soon as all previous Presidents are tried and convicted of war crimes, for wars they started, let's talk about this.
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 pm

moda0306 wrote:
Forget about impeachment or criminal charges for "collusion" or "obstruction"... why don't we start talking about stringing Trump up on war crimes?
??? ::)

(Sigh) After giving up on pushing collusion he didn't do and obstruction he didn't do to chase war crimes he didn't do, maybe the Democrats will eventually get around to finding a presidential nominee who is actually electable.
PortfolioCharts.com : Find a portfolio to love
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Tyler wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 pm
moda0306 wrote:
Forget about impeachment or criminal charges for "collusion" or "obstruction"... why don't we start talking about stringing Trump up on war crimes?

(Sigh) After giving up on pushing collusion he didn't do and obstruction he didn't do to chase war crimes he didn't do, maybe the Democrats will eventually get around to finding a presidential nominee who is actually electable.
Not much chance of that. They don't have anyone who could beat Trump.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Then again, no one thought the GOP had anyone who could beat Hillary.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:56 pm

technovelist wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:02 pm
Not much chance of that. They don't have anyone who could beat Trump.
I have finally come around to this possibility.
Well, we’ll all be “tools” of China in the long run.
RIP Paul Volcker
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Hasn't Trump been the only recent president who has shown any backbone towards China in terms of protecting American trade and intellectual property?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Indeed. I don’t mean the outcome would be any better with the Dems in power.
RIP Paul Volcker
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:01 am

Tyler wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 pm
moda0306 wrote:

Well obviously certain dems are going to campaign for president in 2020. Luckily Republicans also have that option as we prosecute war-criminals of this admin and those-past...

But it won't be "dems" that go after him for war-crimes. Or if it is, it's a very select, unpopular, anti-establishment group of them.

Of course this will never happen. Agents of the state don't like to touch that war-power foreign policy stuff with a 40 foot pole.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 am

technovelist wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:29 pm
moda0306 wrote:

Of course I'd be in favor of the US withdrawing from all the wars that we are involved in, no matter which President started them.

But tell me, which wars have been started by Trump?

As soon as all previous Presidents are tried and convicted of war crimes, for wars they started, let's talk about this.
"Starting" a war isn't the only criminal offense. How one chooses to execute a war (expanding our murderous drone campaign, for instance) is also obviously a candidate as well.

But of course I agree with an aspect of the principle you propose... Dick Cheney should be included-if-not-the-front-of any war-criminal drag-net.

Luckily, we can pat our heads and rub our stomachs at the same time. Lock em all up! If our state collapses as a result of too many heads rolling, then any self-respecting anarchist should be happy.
Last edited by moda0306 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:10 am

What about those of us who are not anarchists?
RIP Paul Volcker
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 am

stuper1 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:12 pm
Hasn't Trump been the only recent president who has shown any backbone towards China in terms of protecting American trade and intellectual property?
"American" intellectual property? Or global capital class (the ones who own it) intellectual property?

The TPP was actually pretty "good" on intellectual property if you want to bend over for investor/corporate IP rights. To me, that's just yet another way for the uber wealthy (American or foreign) to get even more-so.

But that's the majority of what these "Trade Deals" have really been. They're not about trading coconuts for corn (well not completely). They're about securing foreign corporate & investor property rights insulated from public response in the communities they exist. To the degree you support this but abhor human migration across artificial borders, you're pretty much a folding chair to global capital, and shouldn't wonder why you seem to have less than your parents, or why your kids will have less than you. By "you" I mean people in general...