Another Vax Thread

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10904
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Another Vax Thread

Post by dualstow » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:22 pm

OPINION section, of course

Anti-Vaccination Lunacy Won’t Stop
Robert De Niro made the right call in pulling ‘Vaxxed’ from his film festival. But the bogus message rolls on.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/anti-vaccin ... 1459721652
(you can probably google the title to get in if you don't have a subscription)
The decision to remove “Vaxxed” from the festival was the right one, and credit goes to organizers, in particular co-founder Robert De Niro, who has a son with autism, for having the courage to reconsider their plans. If “Vaxxed” had been submitted as science fiction, it would merit attention for its story line, character development and dialogue. But as a documentary it misrepresents what science knows about autism, undermines public confidence in the safety and efficacy of vaccines, and attacks the integrity of legitimate scientists and public-health officials.
Apple Security Head Charged With Offering Bribe for Gun Licenses - Bloomberg
Robin DiAngelo, author of ‘White Fragility’, paid more for speaking engagement than black counterparts. — FreeBeacon dot com
User avatar
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by MachineGhost » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:56 pm

It's too bad pushing the "scientific consensus" ideology matters more to the transnational elites than actual evidence.  Where have we seen that movie many times before???  In fact, the vaccination safety controversy has parallels to the global warming debate where narrowly-derived or GIGO "science" is used as justification to promote a global taxation agenda.  Fear really does sell, I guess.

Global warming exists?  Check.
Herd immunity exists?  Check.
Humans cause global warming?  Buzzz.
Vaccines are safe?  Buzzzz.

I say give it time.  In five or ten years all of these vaccination proponents will all have egg on their faces, as usual.  Just don't expect them to fess up and apologize.  They never do when its "for the sake of the children".
dualstow wrote: OPINION section, of course

Anti-Vaccination Lunacy Won’t Stop
Robert De Niro made the right call in pulling ‘Vaxxed’ from his film festival. But the bogus message rolls on.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/anti-vaccin ... 1459721652
(you can probably google the title to get in if you don't have a subscription)
The decision to remove “Vaxxed” from the festival was the right one, and credit goes to organizers, in particular co-founder Robert De Niro, who has a son with autism, for having the courage to reconsider their plans. If “Vaxxed” had been submitted as science fiction, it would merit attention for its story line, character development and dialogue. But as a documentary it misrepresents what science knows about autism, undermines public confidence in the safety and efficacy of vaccines, and attacks the integrity of legitimate scientists and public-health officials.
Last edited by MachineGhost on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
User avatar
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 8700
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by Pointedstick » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:38 pm

When you say, "unsafe," are you really saying something like, "elevated risk of problems"? Both of my children have been fully vaccinated and neither seem to be suffering from any unusual medical conditions, and of course, they haven't gotten the illnesses they've been vaccinated against. What exactly am I supposed to be worried about?
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
User avatar
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by MachineGhost » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:46 pm

I mean "unsafe" in terms of having tragic life-altering (or ending) adverse events that was mentioned in the other thread.  You dodged the bullet if you (or your physicians) didn't take any measures to make the vaccing process safer.  There seems to be a rather cavalier and/or defensive attitude on the part of the transnational elites about the victims.  Maybe they're in denial or just want to cover their political/careerist ass -- I have no freaking idea, honestly.
Pointedstick wrote: When you say, "unsafe," are you really saying something like, "elevated risk of problems"? Both of my children have been fully vaccinated and neither seem to be suffering from any unusual medical conditions, and of course, they haven't gotten the illnesses they've been vaccinated against. What exactly am I supposed to be worried about?
Last edited by MachineGhost on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
User avatar
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 8700
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by Pointedstick » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:53 pm

I know that multiple vaccines in one shot have been viewed as less safe than traditional ones, but my kids have gotten all traditional ones, with no input from me or my wife required. Maybe they're phasing out the combined vaccines, or maybe our doctors are just sensible.

Or maybe the rates of complication are so low anyway that it's not really worry worrying about. ;)
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
User avatar
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3423
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Location: Florida USA
Contact:

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:22 pm

'Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe': Film Review
Andrew Wakefield's controversial documentary, receiving a hurried theatrical release after being pulled from the Tribeca Film Festival, attempts to prove the link between the MMR vaccine and autism...

...The people behind the doc have taken pains to say that it isn't "anti-vaccine," and technically they're right, in the way that Donald Trump sometimes is. It attempts to prove a link between one vaccine in particular, the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), and the dramatic rise in autism cases in recent years. The film also attempts to make the case that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) committed fraud and misrepresented its scientific findings, using its whistleblower Dr. William Thompson as a key witness.

Except that Thompson doesn't actually appear in the film. Rather, his voice is included via excerpts of phone calls, recorded without his knowledge, between him and Dr. Brian Hooker, a biologist and anti-vaccination activist whose son suffers from autism. We thus hear Thompson claiming that the CDC's studies were falsified and apologizing for not doing more to expose the fraud.

Vaxxed was directed by Andrew Wakefield, and I would say that he shouldn't give up his day job except that he no longer has one. He's the British gastroenterologist who was one of the dozen authors of a study about the link between vaccination and autism published in a British medical journal in 1998. The study was retracted in 2010 and has been widely discredited. He's since had his medical license revoked over various ethical and financial improprieties, although not surprisingly you don't hear about that in the film.
Read the rest here...
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... ilm-879960
Ceterum censeo Trump delendum esse.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." M.Twain
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 7154
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by technovelist » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:10 am

And here I was looking forward to a thread about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAX.  :(
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3423
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Location: Florida USA
Contact:

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by Ad Orientem » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:19 am

Thanks to technovelist for the rather obvious idea of looking at Wikipedia for a discussion of the film. I am not going to excerpt it. You can read it all at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaxxed. The article, which is well sourced, is just damning.
Ceterum censeo Trump delendum esse.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." M.Twain
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 7154
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by technovelist » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:32 am

Ad Orientem wrote: Thanks to technovelist for the rather obvious idea of looking at Wikipedia for a discussion of the film. I am not going to excerpt it. You can read it all at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaxxed. The article, which is well sourced, is just damning.
Sure, but did you look at the link I posted?  ;D
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3423
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Location: Florida USA
Contact:

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by Ad Orientem » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:47 am

technovelist wrote:
Ad Orientem wrote: Thanks to technovelist for the rather obvious idea of looking at Wikipedia for a discussion of the film. I am not going to excerpt it. You can read it all at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaxxed. The article, which is well sourced, is just damning.
Sure, but did you look at the link I posted?  ;D
I did. And if it had been written in ancient Aramaic it could not have been more incomprehensible to this techno illiterate .
Ceterum censeo Trump delendum esse.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." M.Twain
User avatar
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by MachineGhost » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 am

Closely related topic that uses the same kind of illogic as with vaccination...  seriously, who still trusts physicians anymore these days?  Not me, for one.  It seems to me this SNAFU is harming the relatively less educated member's of society, i.e. the colored.  I can't wait until "they" figure out that vaccination causes the so-called behaviors which then "requires" anti-psychotic drugs in babies.  It's like a perpetual motion machine of irrationality with these people!  Anything to make a buck, right???

[quote=http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/us/ps ... fants.html]Cases like that of Andrew Rios, in which children age 2 or younger are prescribed psychiatric medications to address alarmingly violent or withdrawn behavior, are rising rapidly, data shows. Many doctors worry that these drugs, designed for adults and only warily accepted for certain school-age youngsters, are being used to treat children still in cribs despite no published research into their effectiveness and potential health risks for children so young.
[/quote]
Last edited by MachineGhost on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
User avatar
BearBones
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 689
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Another Vax Thread

Post by BearBones » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:49 pm

MachineGhost wrote: I can't wait until "they" figure out that vaccination causes the so-called behaviors which then "requires" anti-psychotic drugs in babies.  It's like a perpetual motion machine of irrationality with these people!  Anything to make a buck, right???
Good data to support your assertion that this is caused by vaccines, please?
Post Reply