Will Trump be Re-elected?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Will Trump be Re-elected?

Trump is more effective than people are willing to admit [ala Scott Adams] and will be re-elected.
37%
Hillary will run again in 2020, and thus Trump will beat her again.
5%
Trump will cause the GOP to lose one or both houses of congress in the mid-term elections.
9%
The Dems in congress will be so insufferable, Trumps wins by a small margin despite them.
23%
Trump will choose not to run for re-election, since he never really wanted the job anyway.
11%
Trump is a disaster and will lose by a landslide.
8%
Trump will not only lose, but will lose to a candidate so far to the left that people will wish he'd stayed.
5%
Other, please elaborate.
3%

Total votes: 65
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by flyingpylon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am

dualstow wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:08 am
flyingpylon wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:53 am
dualstow wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:38 am

Even so, I can’t believe you put freedom of the press first and then praised him. Is this satire?
What official actions has Trump taken to deny anyone freedom of the press? Or do you consider complaints and whining to be official actions?
It’s something in between official actions and mere whining. Kicking journalists out of press conferences. Disinviting them in the first place. Clearly favoring the one news org that kisses his rump on a daily basis.

He’s not Stalin, but I still had to laugh when I saw that on Mountaineer’s list, let alone at the very top.
Seems like it's only poorly-behaved journalists that have been kicked out or disinvited, not simply ones that wrote or said things Trump didn't like.

Presidents commonly favor certain news organizations and disfavor others, that's nothing new. Obama, Fox News, and the Free Press

Nobody can deny that President Trump is unique in the way that he shows his displeasure with what he considers to be unfair coverage. But to imply that it's actually an attack on freedom of the press is quite a stretch (IMO).
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:36 am

I’ve already been through this with at least one other person, so I’ll be brief-

I agree that some, not all, non-Fox journalists have behaved badly, and a subset of them has been very badly behaved. Others are merely guilty of saying things he doesn’t like to hear. Namely, facts. And when he kicked Acosta out, it was predicated on a video purportedly showing him, well, accosting a woman. Lies.

That’s fine. I’m used to Trump’s style of ignoring the truth while loudly and tirelessly repeating his own “realities” instead. He has done some things that I like (some of his foreign policy), and while the Left can never admit this, it could be far, far worse.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TactiCat
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:49 am

Trump also is taking action against the ridiculous restriction of free speech on college campuses, which is beyond out of hand.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:56 am

pugchief wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:49 am
Trump also is taking action against the ridiculous restriction of free speech on college campuses, which is beyond out of hand.
Glad to hear it! Sadly, campuses are providing too much of the fodder for the left eating itself thread.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 am

I'd like to imagine that if Tulsi Gabbard or Andrew Yang get selected by the Democratic Party, it would be a close election, but Trump would blow out any of the wokies, like Logharra Harris or Chewie Booker.
To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream; ay, there's the rub
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:56 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 am
I'd like to imagine that if Tulsi Gabbard or Andrew Yang get selected by the Democratic Party, it would be a close election, but Trump would blow out any of the wokies, like Logharra Harris or Chewie Booker.
I'm not very confident on anyone being "blown out" by Trump. But that's just my quasi-prediction, somewhat based on some general election hypothetical polls and swing state polls that I've seen with top dems (though not the ones you mentioned). I'm surprised you're so confident. Also I don't get the nicknames although they appear to be Star Wars based... is there some below the radar humor i'm missing?

Lastly if one of the leading dems win the primary (Biden, Sanders, Warren) what is your prediction?
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:49 pm

moda0306 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:56 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 am
I'm not very confident on anyone being "blown out" by Trump. But that's just my quasi-prediction, somewhat based on some general election hypothetical polls and swing state polls that I've seen with top dems (though not the ones you mentioned). I'm surprised you're so confident. Also I don't get the nicknames although they appear to be Star Wars based... is there some below the radar humor i'm missing?
I don't know if it's under the radar, but it's definitely from my strange brain... wokies ("woke") -> wookies -> Star Wars. I just mentioned those two because they had easy names to wookify.
Lastly if one of the leading dems win the primary (Biden, Sanders, Warren) what is your prediction?
If the election was tomorrow I'd say Trump would win. As for the real one, I guess it depends in part on what happens between now and then. I'm just going on gut feeling FWIW, not polls or anything.
To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream; ay, there's the rub
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:32 pm

I like Mayor Pete. Most well spoken one of the bunch. And a military vet.

I'd be interested to see the response across America to a president who is gay and a veteran. I suppose some heads will explode.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:32 pm
I like Mayor Pete. Most well spoken one of the bunch. And a military vet.

I'd be interested to see the response across America to a president who is gay and a veteran. I suppose some heads will explode.
I live near Indianapolis, and when Mayor Pete's name comes up, people chortle "go visit South Bend".

I'm guessing you have been to South Bend more times than I have (which is zero) so I'm not qualified to judge. But that's what they say. I don't think it has anything to do with him being a veteran and gay.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:49 pm
I just mentioned those two because they had easy names to wookify.

Kylo WarRen
Bernie Sando Calrissian? No? I’ll work on it.

Greedo O’Rourke
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:31 am

dualstow wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:17 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:49 pm
I just mentioned those two because they had easy names to wookify.

Kylo WarRen
Bernie Sando Calrissian? No? I’ll work on it.

Greedo O’Rourke
Let's not forget the elephant in the room (praying his terrible pic-inserting skills will work)...

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:43 am

ahahhahaha
o dear lord O0