Page 56 of 64

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:31 pm
by Kriegsspiel
ochotona wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:29 pm
I still think Trump has people trading for him. Secret calls on disposable cell phones. "We're having cheeseburgers" means buy calls. "We're having French fries" means buy puts.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:47 am
by Cortopassi
Oh my, the PP is working its magic today. I am up nearly 2%, and I just saw what stocks are doing....

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:42 am
by pmward
Yeah this is a bad omen for stocks. The fall correction officially began when we lost support at 2880. We lost support at 2880 2 days ago, closed up at 2881 yesterday on very low volume, then rejected lower today. Very ominous signal, imo.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm
by dualstow
Nice recovery today. I’m almost sorry to see it. O0

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:13 pm
by pmward
dualstow wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Nice recovery today. I’m almost sorry to see it. O0
It's still on low volume. I wouldn't think too much into it.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:37 pm
by dualstow
pmward wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:13 pm
dualstow wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Nice recovery today. I’m almost sorry to see it. O0
It's still on low volume. I wouldn't think too much into it.
Well, i have no idea where stocks are going, but i’m comfortable not really buying or selling. Very little of both. Comfortable holding.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm
by jacksonM
dualstow wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Nice recovery today. I’m almost sorry to see it. O0
Yeah, this seemed to be the first bona-fide "flight to safety" with some staying power that I've seen in a while. I think my portfolio is at an all time high.

Let stocks "correct" all they need to. If it keeps up I'll be trading some long bonds and gold for those cheap stocks everybody is selling.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm
by pmward
jacksonM wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm
dualstow wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Nice recovery today. I’m almost sorry to see it. O0
Yeah, this seemed to be the first bona-fide "flight to safety" with some staying power that I've seen in a while. I think my portfolio is at an all time high.

Let stocks "correct" all they need to. If it keeps up I'll be trading some long bonds and gold for those cheap stocks everybody is selling.
Define "cheap". There is nothing about equities that I personally see that can be called anywhere near cheap. Even a 10-20% correction would still be expensive against any historical metric.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
by jacksonM
pmward wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm
dualstow wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Nice recovery today. I’m almost sorry to see it. O0
Yeah, this seemed to be the first bona-fide "flight to safety" with some staying power that I've seen in a while. I think my portfolio is at an all time high.

Let stocks "correct" all they need to. If it keeps up I'll be trading some long bonds and gold for those cheap stocks everybody is selling.
Define "cheap". There is nothing about equities that I personally see that can be called anywhere near cheap. Even a 10-20% correction would still be expensive against any historical metric.
I define it as having hit the re-balance bands. I'm not smart enough to actually know when something is cheap or not so I just follow the system.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:05 pm
by Cortopassi
jacksonM wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
pmward wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm


Yeah, this seemed to be the first bona-fide "flight to safety" with some staying power that I've seen in a while. I think my portfolio is at an all time high.

Let stocks "correct" all they need to. If it keeps up I'll be trading some long bonds and gold for those cheap stocks everybody is selling.
Define "cheap". There is nothing about equities that I personally see that can be called anywhere near cheap. Even a 10-20% correction would still be expensive against any historical metric.
I define it as having hit the re-balance bands. I'm not smart enough to actually know when something is cheap or not so I just follow the system.
Yep.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:40 pm
by pmward
jacksonM wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
pmward wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm


Yeah, this seemed to be the first bona-fide "flight to safety" with some staying power that I've seen in a while. I think my portfolio is at an all time high.

Let stocks "correct" all they need to. If it keeps up I'll be trading some long bonds and gold for those cheap stocks everybody is selling.
Define "cheap". There is nothing about equities that I personally see that can be called anywhere near cheap. Even a 10-20% correction would still be expensive against any historical metric.
I define it as having hit the re-balance bands. I'm not smart enough to actually know when something is cheap or not so I just follow the system.
That makes more sense. The word "cheap" threw me for a loop there, haha.

Re: Stock scream room

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 am
by Cortopassi
Well, not unexpected. Another well recovered dip in the market. At least gold is holding decently well.

Some amazing gyrations that don't matter much when holding the pp.