Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Epstein

Post by Maddy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Xan wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:29 pm
Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent children. That isn't what's been going on here. These were underage in the sense that we don't consider them mature enough to consent, but they weren't really "children", biologically. I'm not defending any of this awful behavior, but we may as well label it correctly.
If you look at the pictures that are surfacing, some of these girls were quite child-like in appearance. Some were still in braces.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 am

Now they are reporting that the guards didn't actually watch him as they were supposed to. At all.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:14 am

image1.png
image1.png (150.69 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
Romans 1:16-32
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 am

*Patiently awaiting the deepfakes*
To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream; ay, there's the rub
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08- ... otect-your

This is an interesting article, based upon interviews with the girls Epstein recruited, about how he lured them into service. When I think about how naive I was at that age, how oblivious I was to the connection between cause and consequence, how ignorant I was of now obvious dangers, and how generally ignorant I was of how the world works, I cannot fault these kids at all for the choices they made. So while the term "pedophilia" (which focuses upon the man's proclivities) may not fit, the concept of sexual predition toward children certainly does.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 pm
This is an interesting article, based upon interviews with the girls Epstein recruited, about how he lured them into service. When I think about how naive I was at that age, how oblivious I was to the connection between cause and consequence, how ignorant I was of now obvious dangers, and how generally ignorant I was of how the world works, I cannot fault these kids at all for the choices they made.
I can't fault people who get raped at knife point, or the females who get kidnapped and locked in basements. But you can't tell me that these girls didn't know what prostitution was. Jennifer Aroaz says in the article that she was uncomfortable with what she was doing, but nevertheless she did it once or twice a week for over a year. Why? Because he was giving her a bunch of money for doing it, obviously. She knows she could have worked at McDonalds or a grocery store or something like that, but she chose to be a prostitute.

The one that you mentioned earlier, Courtney Wild, says she RECRUITED 70-80 other girls into the child prostitution ring. That's fucking heinous.

Unless I'm missing something... it's all darkness.
To die, to sleep
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 pm
Maddy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 pm
This is an interesting article, based upon interviews with the girls Epstein recruited, about how he lured them into service. When I think about how naive I was at that age, how oblivious I was to the connection between cause and consequence, how ignorant I was of now obvious dangers, and how generally ignorant I was of how the world works, I cannot fault these kids at all for the choices they made.
I can't fault people who get raped at knife point, or the females who get kidnapped and locked in basements. But you can't tell me that these girls didn't know what prostitution was. Jennifer Aroaz says in the article that she was uncomfortable with what she was doing, but nevertheless she did it once or twice a week for over a year. Why? Because he was giving her a bunch of money for doing it, obviously. She knows she could have worked at McDonalds or a grocery store or something like that, but she chose to be a prostitute.

The one that you mentioned earlier, Courtney Wild, says she RECRUITED 70-80 other girls into the child prostitution ring. That's fucking heinous.

Unless I'm missing something... it's all darkness.

If you are a minor, you cannot legally give consent, that makes it rape. Unless you are legally married while a minor, and some states make an allowance for people of similar age (dating teenagers).
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:27 pm

I'm just surmising here, but I suspect these girls' choices might have been different had everything been laid out for them from the beginning. Had that been the case, there wouldn't have been any need for the kind of sophisticated grooming that Epstein and his team had a knack for.

It's easy for me to see how a 14-year-old (especially one with preexisting psychological vulnerabilities) could believe that Epstein was actually interested in her as a person and committed to vaulting her to the pinnacle of success in the modeling or acting industry. To a kid coming from a troubled family, with self-esteem/identity issues and the usual teenage penchant for fantasy-type thinking, it must have been enormously reinforcing to be paid so much positive attention and to be treated as a desirable, adult woman. No doubt it was the role of Ghislaine, the mother figure, to normalize all of this and to convince these girls that what they were being asked to do was part and parcel of being a grown-up woman in the company of oh-so-important people. That message could have been easy to believe given these girls' lack of life experience and the manner in which the modern educational system has groomed children to be both non-thinking conformists and open and receptive to sexuality in whatever wierd form it may come. That would have been enough to cause many young people to get in over their heads, and at that point it's easy to see how they lost control of the situation. There may have been drugging, imprisonment, or even threats of harm. After all, control through the threat of blackmail was Epstein's specialty.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:34 pm

So what was in it for Ghislaine?
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm

This s#$t seriously just makes me sick.

Like, really, I think we all know people like this in the world exist, but the depth and degree of depravity once revealed is just something else. The idea of preying on children like that makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

I know we got an official coroner's report and everything, but...
IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4905.JPG (57 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Despite the above, I do concede that in some cases it's "unfair" when certain people are labeled pedophiles, when what they've done involved, say, a 16 year old.

Technically, that's a ephebophilia... perhaps not as egregious as pedophilia, but still...
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:03 pm

ochotona wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:19 pm
If you are a minor, you cannot legally give consent, that makes it rape. Unless you are legally married while a minor, and some states make an allowance for people of similar age (dating teenagers).
No argument there.
Maddy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:27 pm
There may have been drugging, imprisonment, or even threats of harm. After all, control through the threat of blackmail was Epstein's specialty.
I was just going by what I read in that article.
To die, to sleep