BYND

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: BYND

Post by dualstow » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:05 pm

pugchief wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:56 am
dualstow wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:38 am
You all keep faking me out. I keep getting notifications for this thread, thinking someone has something to say about BYND. Grrr
Here you go: I had my second round of the Bburgers last weekend, and although good, I'm definitely sticking to Aldi's organic grass-fed beef burgers. From freezer to grill without thawing, cooks in minutes and delicious. Or their packaged 93/7 ground turkey also makes a tasty burger.
Good to know, and I think we have an Aldi's somewhere around here, but it's privately owned! 😩 Some German family. Like Trader Joe's.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:15 pm

dualstow wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:05 pm
pugchief wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:56 am
dualstow wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:38 am
You all keep faking me out. I keep getting notifications for this thread, thinking someone has something to say about BYND. Grrr
Here you go: I had my second round of the Bburgers last weekend, and although good, I'm definitely sticking to Aldi's organic grass-fed beef burgers. From freezer to grill without thawing, cooks in minutes and delicious. Or their packaged 93/7 ground turkey also makes a tasty burger.
Good to know, and I think we have an Aldi's somewhere around here, but it's privately owned! 😩 Some German family. Like Trader Joe's.
Yes, the families that own Aldi and TJs are actually related (cousins?). Both stock only private label products of excellent quality and reasonable price. I do 95% of my grocery purchases at one or the other. I'm lucky to have one of each less than 1 mile from my home.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:01 pm

pugchief wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm
I've been trying to drop 5 lbs from my middle for months. South Beach Diet, etc work for week, but too hard to stick to and the weight loss is temporary. The solution I found is playing pickleball for 2-3 hours, 4-5 days a week. I have always exercised daily, but not for that many hours. I'm sure long distance jogging would do the same. Semi-retirement is awesome!
Retirement as a weight loss technique? Sounds great!

Sorry about your derailed thread dualstow!
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:10 am

I’ll live. O0
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:18 pm

ochotona wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:07 pm
Argentines think chicken is not meat
I may consider moving there... at least for Lent.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:23 pm

pugchief wrote:
sophie wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:26 am
I know quite a few people in my medical field who have tried keto for weight loss, and it really does work but you have to put a lot of effort into calculating daily carbohydrates. I'm thinking of trying it for a few months myself to knock off a few unwanted pounds, but I would definitely not want to eat that way consistently. For me anyway the diet doesn't include enough fiber so a supplement is needed, and that's not optimal from my POV.
I've been trying to drop 5 lbs from my middle for months. South Beach Diet, etc work for week, but too hard to stick to and the weight loss is temporary. The solution I found is playing pickleball for 2-3 hours, 4-5 days a week. I have always exercised daily, but not for that many hours. I'm sure long distance jogging would do the same. Semi-retirement is awesome!
Very cool. I'm a pickleball guy also. Been playing for 5 years or so. Fantastic game/sport for people of all ages and athletic abilities. Takes about 10 minutes to learn, but I've come to realize that I will never master it, so there's always more to learn.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:06 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:23 pm
pugchief wrote:
sophie wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:26 am
I know quite a few people in my medical field who have tried keto for weight loss, and it really does work but you have to put a lot of effort into calculating daily carbohydrates. I'm thinking of trying it for a few months myself to knock off a few unwanted pounds, but I would definitely not want to eat that way consistently. For me anyway the diet doesn't include enough fiber so a supplement is needed, and that's not optimal from my POV.
Very cool. I'm a pickleball guy also. Been playing for 5 years or so. Fantastic game/sport for people of all ages and athletic abilities. Takes about 10 minutes to learn, but I've come to realize that I will never master it, so there's always more to learn.
Agree. I've played tennis twice a week for the last 30 years. I only started playing pickleball 3.5 months ago, and I am obsessed. So fun, great exercise, nice people. I've gotten a lot better. I started at 3.0 and am probably a 4.0 player now.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:14 pm

One guy, who I play pickleball with, played #2 on a state university tennis team, then played some low-level pro tennis, and then many years of 5.5 level tennis. He pretty much plays only pickleball now. He's always telling me how much nicer pickleball people are than many tennis people.

I started playing pickleball tournaments a couple years ago, which is a lot of fun if you like competition. I have a three-day tournament later this week. It's going to be a pickleball-palooza, probably play tournament matches all day and then friendly games late into the night. I'm so blessed to have a loving wife who lets me go off on these outings once in a while with nary a complaint.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 am

I'm out. Sold my shares a few minutes ago.

I am very curious about how the earnings report will go tonight but now, as with pickleball, I am just a spectator.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Sorry forgot to post this earlier

3 hours remaining, on the Left Coast: Free Beyond Burgers at Carls Jr, Thursday 8/15: https://www.reddit.com/r/Albuquerque/co ... mous_star/
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 am

What, they couldn't sell 'em all? ;D
To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come