Moderator: Global Moderator

ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: More Than Half of Millenials Expect to Be Millionaires

Post by ochotona » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:37 pm

pugchief wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 am
It never even occurred to me that moving back in with my parents after graduating college was an option. They didn't really want me there, and I had even less desire to stay.

Divorced and dating in the last 10 years, it was shocking how many divorced women still had adult children living at home. I had to start screening out for that, as I found it to be an impediment. When you eliminate prospectives without college degrees and without kids living at home, the field gets very narrow.
Screen additionally for no tattoos no piercing and bodymass index < 25 and there's no one to date
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 pm

ochotona wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:37 pm
pugchief wrote:
It never even occurred to me that moving back in with my parents after graduating college was an option. They didn't really want me there, and I had even less desire to stay.

Divorced and dating in the last 10 years, it was shocking how many divorced women still had adult children living at home. I had to start screening out for that, as I found it to be an impediment. When you eliminate prospectives without college degrees and without kids living at home, the field gets very narrow.
Screen additionally for no tattoos no piercing and bodymass index < 25 and there's no one to date
LOL. The tattoo thing is more ensconced in the generation behind me so it hasn't been a big issue. I don't mind one small tasteful tattoo. I'm just not a fan of multiple/large ones. Although there are a lot of overweight people, there are still plenty that are in at least semi-decent shape. I had to laugh at my daughter's concern after breaking up with a long term GF 3 years ago. She thought I was doomed to be alone. I told her not to worry, among single guys in their mid 50's, not being fat, and/or broke was a rarity. I was dating 2 new women immediately, and had a new GF within a few weeks.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 am

pugchief wrote:
I lived with my mother for about 6 months after leaving college (1 course short, so I didn't graduate for a couple more years). I saved my money as fast as I could so I could move out.

But I was still out before I was 21, IIRC.
pugchief wrote:
I'm happy not to have to worry about that!