Presidential Debate Part Deux

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Presidential Debate Part Deux

Post by Reub »

The second debate is here. Trump is bloodied but not out. Hillary has a case of Wikileaks to go with her other health issues. Who will be in the audience? Bill's alleged rape victims? Trump's Miss Universe? Billy Bush? Who will throw the first punch? Will they both play nice or will this be the gutter fight that we all really want? Stay tuned.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Presidential Debate Part Deux

Post by MachineGhost »

A solemn looking Trump stopped his bleeding.

Can't say much else beyond that. I couldn't tell if Slick Hilly was constantly smirking because she thought what Trump was saying about her was crazy or because Trump was right about her. If I had to guess, she doesn't read much news about herself and just gets Democratic-biased daily briefings.

Oh, and the two lamestream moderators ignored the 4 million or so votes cast at Presidential Open Questions. "Groundbreaking internet portion", my ass. I hope the MSM truly dies after this election.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

See below
Last edited by Reub on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

A few of my personal highlights:

Trump saying that she's no Honest Abe Lincoln after she mentioned Lincoln as the excuse why she said she needs a public and a private policy on issues to a Brazilian bank.

Trump hammering her on deleting 33,000 emails under subpoena and her just smiling and not defending herself.

Trump interjecting that the reason Hillary doesn't want him in power is because he would put her in jail.

The fly landing on her face while she was speaking.
Last edited by Reub on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

I thought it was a sad commentary that this is the best that the greatest nation on earth can put forward for candidates.

It was entertaining though. Bread and circuses I guess.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

News flash: Hillary's favorite movie ;) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057261/
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
clacy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by clacy »

Trump won that round and he needed it badly. I don't think it will be enough, but he at least probably kept the bottom from falling out.

I think the gap will narrow and he will lose by about 2-3% in the popular vote.

If a more polished politician can grab some a little bit of his fire, and borrow some of his populism, that person would be a formidable opponent to Hillary in 2020.

I still think there is a political re-alignment going on.

Rich Republicans are shifting towards D's, joining the minorities and greenies.

The middle class and blue collar dems will continue to move towards the R's.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Oh and lest not forget that Slick Hilly's philandering husband was tutoring her. She pulled off the "I feel you pain" with the "town hall" audience, whereas Trump was way more aloof but nowhere as bad as Bush Sr was. He got accused of "stalking" Slick Hilly so I now think the feminists are out having a field day this year. They really want her to win to spite men.

I agree with clacy, it won't be enough to convince the swing voters in the electoral collage. Unless something truly stupendously criminal comes out of the Wikkileaks hyperbole, it is over. And Trump has no one to blame but himself for acting like a rich, spoiled, self-entitled promoter. Because that is what he truly is.

And I agree with cortopassi, it is pathetically sad that this is the best candidates we can come up with. But if the Republican Party becomes the anti-Establishment party like the Democratic Party once was, it'll be worth it.

I think Trump should have used Slick Hilly's 30-years of experience in what looks to be all health care and children only against her. That doesn't translate into other areas at all (i.e. her disastrous NeoCon foreign policy ala Libya). Being a meddling do-gooder alone is not proper qualification for the Presidency (look at OBAMA!).
Last edited by MachineGhost on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

Wikileaks tweeted today that Hillary admitted to the credibility of their email releases in one of her answers and she did. They also released another round of Podesta/Hillary emails this morning.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Mountaineer wrote:News flash: Hillary's favorite movie ;) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057261/
You mean Trump? Careful, your bias is showing.

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Reub wrote:Wikileaks tweeted today that Hillary admitted to the credibility of their email releases in one of her answers and she did. They also released another round of Podesta/Hillary emails this morning.
Political room talk isn't gonna do the job any more than locker room talk will. Come on, we need some real ammo instead of a bunch of hens gossiping.

Lowe
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lowe »

When I followed that IMDB link, I half thought somebody had gotten clever and instead sent me to a page for "Lord of the Files." The encrypted, Bleach-Bitted files, am I right? Probably also Trump's favorite. He can't decide.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Tim Urban transcribes the debate. ;D
curlew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by curlew »

Having the time of their lives....

https://youtu.be/Fq_ZosSy_9I
Last edited by curlew on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Kriegsspiel wrote:Tim Urban transcribes the debate. ;D
Funny, except for the part about Slick Willie. It's really surprising sometimes that he's not in prison.