Re: Reub

Post by bedraggled »

Maxwell Smart is no longer with us.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

So when exactly does Reub get unbanned?  It seems a little quiet around here without his "unnecessarily acerbic" comments.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

I hope he comes back too.  Despite the cave man tone he's contributed a lot.

You might recall he's been through a lot recently too:  losing his home in Hurricane Sandy, then his father not too long ago.  The tone of his posts changed after that event, so I figured he deserves a bit extra latitude.
BearBones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by BearBones »

MachineGhost wrote: If Reub is "unnecessarily acerbic", I'm awful curious how you would describe my fine self. ;D
Cracked me up  ;D
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

MachineGhost wrote:
Ad Orientem wrote: I don't know about any suspension, but I do recall the comment and calling him out for it. Yes, it was offensive. I really appreciate his contributions here, though I frequently disagree with him. But sometimes his point gets lost in the tone of his comments which can be unnecessarily acerbic.
If Reub is "unnecessarily acerbic", I'm awful curious how you would describe my fine self. ;D
You have your moments. But I don't ever recall you suggesting that the son of another member of the forum was contemplating murder.
Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Ad Orientem wrote: You have your moments. But I don't ever recall you suggesting that the son of another member of the forum was contemplating murder.
Wow, what did I miss?  All the good bad stuff happens when I'm away.  :'(
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!