Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Location: Florida USA
Contact:

Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm

If even a few of these stories are true... OMFG.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bath.html
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by boglerdude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 am

Lib media distracting you from the fact that the Fed is breaking the law, funneling billions to their friends

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... rate-bonds

Trump will have us back on the gold standard by December.
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5995
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by technovelist » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:58 am

Ad Orientem wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm
If even a few of these stories are true... OMFG.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bath.html
"The revelations about the calls are contained in a deeply sourced – though thinly quoted – account by legendary Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein. "

Bernstein has stage 4 TDS. Nothing he says can be believed.
Other than that, great article!
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3641
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by sophie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:43 pm

Except that there's now several people (Bernstein, Fiona Hill, John Bolton) all saying the same thing?

Yeah this looks pretty bad. I still regard it as one of many factors to consider though. The damage that the Democrats could do if they took the White House still looks like it will be way worse than Trump making an ass out of himself to a bunch of world leaders.

Also - the article carefully doesn't mention the things that Trump probably said to them that I think are good, such as .... why the heck are we supporting you again?? About time someone asked where all those shovelfuls of foreign aid have been going all this time, and why.
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5995
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by technovelist » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

sophie wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:43 pm
Except that there's now several people (Bernstein, Fiona Hill, John Bolton) all saying the same thing?

Yeah this looks pretty bad. I still regard it as one of many factors to consider though. The damage that the Democrats could do if they took the White House still looks like it will be way worse than Trump making an ass out of himself to a bunch of world leaders.

Also - the article carefully doesn't mention the things that Trump probably said to them that I think are good, such as .... why the heck are we supporting you again?? About time someone asked where all those shovelfuls of foreign aid have been going all this time, and why.
The fact that many of the usual suspects are saying the same thing isn't at all surprising. Haven't you ever seen one of the montages of all the enemy cable talking heads saying the same thing in the same words?

https://thecommonsenseshow.com/activism ... ing-office
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1815
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Tech, is there anything Trump could do or not do in the next four months that could get you to not vote for him? Not saying you’d vote for Biden, but just sit out?
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm
Tech, is there anything Trump could do or not do in the next four months that could get you to not vote for him? Not saying you’d vote for Biden, but just sit out?
I'm obviously not Tech, but to answer your question, I would not vote for Trump if I found out that he had died. ;)

(Sorry, just trying to lighten things up a bit.)
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2607
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by Xan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am
Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm
Tech, is there anything Trump could do or not do in the next four months that could get you to not vote for him? Not saying you’d vote for Biden, but just sit out?
I'm obviously not Tech, but to answer your question, I would not vote for Trump if I found out that he had died. ;)

(Sorry, just trying to lighten things up a bit.)
Erm, are you sure? If he were to die right before the election, I'm guessing you'd still pull the lever for him over Biden. Not sure what would happen if he won... President Pence?
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 am

Xan wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am
Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am
Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm
Tech, is there anything Trump could do or not do in the next four months that could get you to not vote for him? Not saying you’d vote for Biden, but just sit out?
I'm obviously not Tech, but to answer your question, I would not vote for Trump if I found out that he had died. ;)

(Sorry, just trying to lighten things up a bit.)
Erm, are you sure? If he were to die right before the election, I'm guessing you'd still pull the lever for him over Biden. Not sure what would happen if he won... President Pence?
I'm not sure. I hear frequently about the Dems having dead people vote for live people (Chicago politics and such), but I'm not certain about a live person voting for a dead person. Something to ponder. ;)
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3641
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by sophie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am

Here's what would make me vote Democratic instead of for Trump:

A new candidate in place of Biden who is a centrist/moderate Democrat.
That person explicitly repudiates most of the extreme Democratic positions on immigration, green new deal, BLM/reduced policing
The person makes a statement that racial justice does not have to mean putting up with crime, and that criminal enforcement will continue to be a priority especially in crime-prone communities
Open to a re-examination of welfare programs to see which ones actually benefit minorities as opposed to fostering dependency
Open to a redesign of the immigration system to prioritize people with something to contribute, e.g. using Canada or New Zealand as a model, and putting into place an asylum system that makes sense (e.g. Congress has to officially recognize an asylum-worthy condition in a given country before asylum can be claimed).
States that the US manufacturing should be self-sufficient for critical items such as medicines, hospital supplies, and other basic essential goods, and that offshoring of these must be limited.

IMHO this person would win big in November. Unfortunately, I don't believe such a person exists in either party who isn't Trump.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3535
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by pugchief » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 am

sophie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am
Here's what would make me vote Democratic instead of for Trump:

A new candidate in place of Biden who is a centrist/moderate Democrat.
That person explicitly repudiates most of the extreme Democratic positions on immigration, green new deal, BLM/reduced policing
The person makes a statement that racial justice does not have to mean putting up with crime, and that criminal enforcement will continue to be a priority especially in crime-prone communities
Open to a re-examination of welfare programs to see which ones actually benefit minorities as opposed to fostering dependency
Open to a redesign of the immigration system to prioritize people with something to contribute, e.g. using Canada or New Zealand as a model, and putting into place an asylum system that makes sense (e.g. Congress has to officially recognize an asylum-worthy condition in a given country before asylum can be claimed).
States that the US manufacturing should be self-sufficient for critical items such as medicines, hospital supplies, and other basic essential goods, and that offshoring of these must be limited.

IMHO this person would win big in November. Unfortunately, I don't believe such a person exists in either party who isn't Trump.
+1 Sign me up when that person runs. There is a greater chance of hell freezing over.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:32 pm

pugchief wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 am
sophie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am
Here's what would make me vote Democratic instead of for Trump:

A new candidate in place of Biden who is a centrist/moderate Democrat.
That person explicitly repudiates most of the extreme Democratic positions on immigration, green new deal, BLM/reduced policing
The person makes a statement that racial justice does not have to mean putting up with crime, and that criminal enforcement will continue to be a priority especially in crime-prone communities
Open to a re-examination of welfare programs to see which ones actually benefit minorities as opposed to fostering dependency
Open to a redesign of the immigration system to prioritize people with something to contribute, e.g. using Canada or New Zealand as a model, and putting into place an asylum system that makes sense (e.g. Congress has to officially recognize an asylum-worthy condition in a given country before asylum can be claimed).
States that the US manufacturing should be self-sufficient for critical items such as medicines, hospital supplies, and other basic essential goods, and that offshoring of these must be limited.

IMHO this person would win big in November. Unfortunately, I don't believe such a person exists in either party who isn't Trump.
+1 Sign me up when that person runs. There is a greater chance of hell freezing over.
Ditto. Hear, hear! Sophie for President!

As for when hell freezes over, it already has, in 1994. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WOxqVrj7MT
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
Post Reply