Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: An outsiders perspective of the politcal turmoil

Post by technovelist » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:46 am

sophie wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 am
jalanlong wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:36 pm
So the last few posts before mine have compared the Democrats to terrorists/fascists that scare a lot of people and are out of tune with the average American. However, as of today Biden has a double digit lead over Trump in the election polls. So does the avg American really agree with the Democratic party on these issues indicating that America has turned hard left? Or are they unaware how far left Democrats have become? Or is it just an anti-Trump vote and a potted fern could beat him at this point?
There is no "average American". There's conservatives & liberals who will always stay on their end of the spectrum and vote accordingly, and a centrist population straddling the two sides. It's that centrist population that decides the election (voter turnout among the other groups is a factor too, yes).

How many of those centrist voters can see through all the propaganda to understand what the Democratic party stands for? It is very difficult right now with Trump's unerring instinct for saying the wrong thing plus the massive media effort against him. Effectively Biden has him outgunned because he has the entire mainstream press effectively as part of his campaign.

If Trump can start laying out a more positive message and get it past the media tirade, he might have a chance. Realize that there's been so little direct exposure to Biden that people don't really know who he is at this point. Things may change quite a bit depending on how he is presented - especially at debates. Also, it is possible that people's view of BLM will gradually cool as they realize how destructive their demands would be if implemented. Right now they're kind of the cool kid on the block due to press promotion and everyone's fear of being labeled as a racist, but that only gets you so far.
Trump has not yet begun the campaign in earnest. I can assure you that he has very clever people working on messaging to annihilate Biden.

I think one of the reasons he hasn't started rolling out the big guns yet is that he doesn't want to make it more likely that the Democrats replace Biden at the convention by destroying him before that point. Of course I'm not privy to his thinking or what his inner circle is saying; this is just my opinion.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:46 pm

technovelist wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:46 am

Trump has not yet begun the campaign in earnest. I can assure you that he has very clever people working on messaging to annihilate Biden.

I think one of the reasons he hasn't started rolling out the big guns yet is that he doesn't want to make it more likely that the Democrats replace Biden at the convention by destroying him before that point. Of course I'm not privy to his thinking or what his inner circle is saying; this is just my opinion.
I agree 100% with this perspective.

I also think Biden will refuse to debate, because the outcome would be a disaster for team blue.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:57 pm

pugchief wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:46 pm
technovelist wrote:

I agree 100% with this perspective.

I also think Biden will refuse to debate, because the outcome would be a disaster for team blue.
Yes, if his handlers are smart, they will dodge the debates.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:37 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:36 pm
So the last few posts before mine have compared the Democrats to terrorists/fascists that scare a lot of people and are out of tune with the average American. However, as of today Biden has a double digit lead over Trump in the election polls. So does the avg American really agree with the Democratic party on these issues indicating that America has turned hard left? Or are they unaware how far left Democrats have become? Or is it just an anti-Trump vote and a potted fern could beat him at this point?
It's definitely an anti-Trump vote.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:35 pm

technovelist wrote:
Good point! Totally agree. I guess we just have to wait until the convention to see how this is really going to go.

Pugchief, I wonder how exactly the Democrats will manage to do away with debates? I can understand the motivation but that would hardly go unnoticed.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:14 pm

sophie wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:35 pm
technovelist wrote:
Good point! Totally agree. I guess we just have to wait until the convention to see how this is really going to go.

Pugchief, I wonder how exactly the Democrats will manage to do away with debates? I can understand the motivation but that would hardly go unnoticed.
My guess is some kind of COVID excuse, like Biden can't leave his basement. It won't look good tho; Biden will look weak.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm

pugchief wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:14 pm
sophie wrote:
My guess is some kind of COVID excuse, like Biden can't leave his basement. It won't look good tho; Biden will look weak.
TV shows and podcasts have remote interviews between people in different places all the time. So it would be kind of silly to claim that the presidential debates can't happen unless the candidates are in the same room together.
Joe is just Biden his time now.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:30 pm

pugchief wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:14 pm
sophie wrote:
technovelist wrote:

Anyone who hasn't noticed how weak he is already probably won't notice that either. The lamestream media will cover for him, of course, as they have been doing all along.