Cyber Monday Gold

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Cyber Monday Gold

Post by dualstow » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:39 am

Apmex is offering any-quantity prices sitewide.

Anything else going on?
New York City disbanded its anticrime unit of plainclothes officers on June 15, part of a $1 billion reduction in the city’s police budget. —WSJ
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by dualstow » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 am

I ended up picking up an Australian kangaroo yesterday, breaking my earlier plan to wait for $1300/oz.
Well, it's just one ounce.
New York City disbanded its anticrime unit of plainclothes officers on June 15, part of a $1 billion reduction in the city’s police budget. —WSJ
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by dualstow » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 am
I ended up picking up an Australian kangaroo yesterday, breaking my earlier plan to wait for $1300/oz.
Well, it's just one ounce.
They never got my check. I've never had that happen before.
Pissed.
New York City disbanded its anticrime unit of plainclothes officers on June 15, part of a $1 billion reduction in the city’s police budget. —WSJ
User avatar
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by drumminj » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 pm

dualstow wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 pm
They never got my check. I've never had that happen before.
Pissed.
Someone steal it out of your mailbox? That's pretty common around here these days, sadly...
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by dualstow » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:24 am

drumminj wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 pm
dualstow wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 pm
They never got my check. I've never had that happen before.
Pissed.
Someone steal it out of your mailbox? That's pretty common around here these days, sadly...
I heard about that in the national news, but my check wasn’t used by anyone else. Either the post office or the vendor lost it, I guess.
New York City disbanded its anticrime unit of plainclothes officers on June 15, part of a $1 billion reduction in the city’s police budget. —WSJ
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by vnatale » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 am

dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:24 am
drumminj wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 pm
dualstow wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 pm
They never got my check. I've never had that happen before.
Pissed.
Someone steal it out of your mailbox? That's pretty common around here these days, sadly...
I heard about that in the national news, but my check wasn’t used by anyone else. Either the post office or the vendor lost it, I guess.
Nothing like the online experience to get that instant notification that information / payment has been received compared to the vagaries of using some form of paper mail.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by dualstow » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 am

I agree. Luckily, I can place the order online and talk with them via email. But, I don’t want to use wire transfers to buy gold.
New York City disbanded its anticrime unit of plainclothes officers on June 15, part of a $1 billion reduction in the city’s police budget. —WSJ
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by vnatale » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 am

dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 am
I agree. Luckily, I can place the order online and talk with them via email. But, I don’t want to use wire transfers to buy gold.
The reasoning behind that?

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by dualstow » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 am

vnatale wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 am
dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 am
I agree. Luckily, I can place the order online and talk with them via email. But, I don’t want to use wire transfers to buy gold.
The reasoning behind that?

Vinny
I don't want my account to be set up for wire transfers.

However, I did just pay by eCheck. Stopped payment of lost check, called the vendor and gave them my account info.
I'm happy that I was able to keep the original order, i.e. the original price.

It did cost me $15 to stop payment on the paper check. I wonder how much Ally is going to charge me for the eCheck.
New York City disbanded its anticrime unit of plainclothes officers on June 15, part of a $1 billion reduction in the city’s police budget. —WSJ
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Cyber Monday Gold

Post by shekels » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:17 am

dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 am
vnatale wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 am
dualstow wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 am
I agree. Luckily, I can place the order online and talk with them via email. But, I don’t want to use wire transfers to buy gold.
The reasoning behind that?

Vinny
I don't want my account to be set up for wire transfers.

However, I did just pay by eCheck. Stopped payment of lost check, called the vendor and gave them my account info.
I'm happy that I was able to keep the original order, i.e. the original price.

It did cost me $15 to stop payment on the paper check. I wonder how much Ally is going to charge me for the eCheck.
Hey just ask the auditor of the U.S. Gold reserve for a bit of gold. He may have the Hookup.
WARNING GOLD ARTICLE BELOW.
https://www.voimagold.com/insight/us-of ... ught-lying
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post Reply