Executive Member

Re: Netflix junkie

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:53 am
vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:46 am Salt

Another quite good one...

Vinny
Finally, a winner. Really enjoyed Salt.

I saw Molly's Game in the theaters when it came out. That was also an awesome movie!
I'd go along with you description. It was the most action packed non-action movie I'd ever seen!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

I can't watch Molly's Game because it's got Jessica Chastain in it. I'd be waaaay too hot and bothered. :o
MicroBachelors
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Who's your guys' favourite character from Breaking Bad?

Mine's Gale. The nerdiness is just awesome. It is a shame he had such a limited role in the show.
MicroBachelors
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Smith1776 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:46 am Who's your guys' favourite character from Breaking Bad?
Mine's Gale. The nerdiness is just awesome. It is a shame he had such a limited role in the show.
My wife and I love Gale. It's hard to pick a favorite, but Saul consistently cracked me up. Brilliant lines, and seemingly effortlessly executed by Bob Odin'sChurch. So of course I'm grateful for the spinoff. (Wife doesn't watch it. "It's all talking, no chemistry", she says).
If you were unable to log into Bitwarden today around 3:30pm EST, you’re not alone. (May 6) That was brief, but unsettling.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

dualstow wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:58 am
Smith1776 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:46 am Who's your guys' favourite character from Breaking Bad?
My wife and I love Gale. It's hard to pick a favorite, but Saul consistently cracked me up. Brilliant lines, and seemingly effortlessly executed by Bob Odin'sChurch. So of course I'm grateful for the spinoff. (Wife doesn't watch it. "It's all talking, no chemistry", she says).
I have to agree that the Saul spinoff isn't as good as Breaking Bad... but what show is??

It's great in its own way, and I bulldozed all of Better Call Saul in like 4 or 5 days. (The usual, having it on in the background while studying.)

Alright, it looks like it may be time for more coffee for me!
MicroBachelors
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

Smith1776 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:06 am
dualstow wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:58 am
I have to agree that the Saul spinoff isn't as good as Breaking Bad... but what show is??

It's great in its own way, and I bulldozed all of Better Call Saul in like 4 or 5 days. (The usual, having it on in the background while studying.)

Alright, it looks like it may be time for more coffee for me!
Watch last week's episode of Better Call Saul, called Bagman.

It's the best episode ever and as good as any Breaking Bad episode.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

We started watching Heartland and we like it. It's got 11 seasons to binge watch. Warning: it's very wholesome.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Don wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:44 pm We started watching Heartland and we like it. It's got 11 seasons to binge watch. Warning: it's very wholesome.
Looks like a soap opera.
If you were unable to log into Bitwarden today around 3:30pm EST, you’re not alone. (May 6) That was brief, but unsettling.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Jesse Pinkman. “Yeah! Science, bitch!”
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Don wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:43 pmWatch last week's episode of Better Call Saul, called Bagman.

Saul is at least as good as Breaking Bad.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I actually like Saul better than Breaking Bad, but that may be simply because it's still on.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Sons Of Anarchy is on par with Breaking Bad. Arguably better.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Saul is a great show, for sure. But it’s a little too slow of a burn for me. The pacing in Breaking Bad was excellent. I was on the edge of my seat half the time.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Revenge of The Green Dragons a good one!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Don wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:43 pm Watch last week's episode of Better Call Saul, called Bagman.

Very cool episode, but not enough Kim. I think Kim brings a lot to the show. A ton.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I think that's why I can relate. O0
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Beauty is the province of women. I don’t understand why they’re interested in us at all, honestly.

Yeah, Kim is hot. I also thought the woman who played Lydia in Breaking Bad really had it going on.
MicroBachelors
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Smith1776 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:23 am Beauty is the province of women. I don’t understand why they’re interested in us at all, honestly.

Yeah, Kim is hot. I also thought the woman who played Lydia in Breaking Bad really had it going on.
Listen to her interview snippets on youtube. I love the Scottish accent, her true accent.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Season 3 of Fauda is out.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

MangoMan wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 pm
dualstow wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:50 pm
Don wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:43 pm Watch last week's episode of Better Call Saul, called Bagman.

Very cool episode, but not enough Kim. I think Kim brings a lot to the show. A ton.
Agree. And she's kinda hot, in an understated way. Not sure what she's doing with Jimmy tho. Way out of his league.
Lalo agrees. He said the same thing in this weeks episode.

And Kim saved both their asses in a tour de force performance
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Earth and Blood

Edge of Fear

Both excellent!

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Don wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:33 pm
MangoMan wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 pm
dualstow wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Agree. And she's kinda hot, in an understated way. Not sure what she's doing with Jimmy tho. Way out of his league.
Lalo agrees. He said the same thing in this weeks episode.
😂 true!
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

bedraggled wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 am Where can I find "Terminator" and "Mission Impossible" with Tom Cruise with no charge?
With free HBO, Showtime and Epix this week from FiOS, I've had Terminator on four times now, in the background. I think I know it by heart.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Last night watched all six episodes of Waco in one sitting. When I do that that's a definite sign of approval. Makes me want to read books all about it. I did read a book on Ruby Ridge but I'm not remembering having read any on Waco.

However, I am confused by the Season 1 designation. Was there a Season 2? If so, what could be in after the compound was destroyed along with 96 lives?

The government (specifically ATF and FBI) did not come off too well in what I watched last night.

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

vnatale wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:44 pm ..Waco..
However, I am confused by the Season 1 designation. Was there a Season 2? If so, what could be in after the compound was destroyed along with 96 lives?
It may be the only season. Sometimes I think they do that by default when it's unclear if the show will be picked up for another season, but you're right: they may as well have written LIMITED MINISERIES if they already got to the barbecue.