Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue May 04, 2021 9:28 am

"I imagine some people will hold on to their COVID hysteria for a long time, regardless. "

Agreed. Changing the way cases are identified and tallied should be a major clue.

Submission to fear of the virus is a state-imposed cult. In the same way that worshiping the deities of your locale in the ancient world was mandated by the authorities.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 am

I am seeing/feeling things change here in IL.

I will use myself as an example. We were already getting burned out and meeting as a family even before vaccinations. We were already giving hugs. I have actually had a number of salespeople in the office for the first time in >1 year. And we shook hands!

We have gone out to eat. Inside. Multiple times. We have seen a play at the high school which was well attended (yeah, masks still). We get almost near daily "Covid case" reported emails from the high school but nobody seems to care anymore.

I do not understand the thinking of this being a power play / power trip for people, like say, Gov Pritzker in IL. What, does he get out of bed in the morning and devilishly rub his hands together and wonder how he can fuck the residents of Illinois today? I don't think so. Every day we spend further in these levels of restrictions is less revenue to the state.

For sure, I still see and comment to my wife about people who walk around the neighborhood (alone) wearing a mask, like who are they protecting? But for every one of those there are a lot more who are long done with this.

I am pretty confident that very soon, those who thought the government was going to keep us locked down forever will need to find another argument.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 am

"2 weeks to flatten the curve"

Going on 14, 15 months

" am pretty confident that very soon, ..."

Would you like to specify what do you have in mind by the phrase " very soon"?

Days, weeks, months, decades?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 am

People are allowed to adjust opinions and strategies in a fast moving global situation. I have no answer for you on exact timeline. If you are still hung up on how it didn't just take two weeks and done, you'll never be satisfied. Everyone got that wrong.

Just a gut feeling and a noticing on how people's attitudes have, for the most part, changed is why I say very soon.

Very soon to me means by around 4th of July / mid-summer.
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar » Tue May 04, 2021 10:29 am

WiseOne wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 am

I'm also wondering whether mask wearing in public will become a new social requirement. If that's true where you live (I'm pretty sure it will be here in NYC), you might want to check out Freedom Face Covers on Etsy. They will provide the necessary psychological band-aid while minimizing discomfort for the wearer.

I certainly hope it doesn't!

However, one positive thing that has come out of this is that if an individual want's to wear a mask for a particular reason, they will not stand out in a crowd. In the past, when I travel by airlines in the winter, it seemed I always ended up with a URTI. Now I can wear a mask and hopefully prevent an infection without folks wondering what "terminal disease" I have.

On a second note, I don't remember the polio vaccine being controversial, or taking on a political divisive position. I can't help but wonder if there had been a fair amount of the population refusing the vaccine would we would have eradicated the disease.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Tue May 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 am
People are allowed to adjust opinions and strategies in a fast moving global situation. I have no answer for you on exact timeline. If you are still hung up on how it didn't just take two weeks and done, you'll never be satisfied. Everyone got that wrong.

Just a gut feeling and a noticing on how people's attitudes have, for the most part, changed is why I say very soon.

Very soon to me means by around 4th of July / mid-summer.
And what if this summer is a lull before another fall/winter "case" spike? I have already seen several articles in the last week or so starting to warn people about the coming resurgence this fall. Even if you believe things will open up a bit in the summer, what makes you think politicians and citizenry will not be scared back into their homes next fall and winter with the latest variants etc?

Not that Facebook is completely indicative of the general public but on a ABC news post about Biden's visit to a school yesterday, I saw many, many people comment that its too soon to open schools. The number of those against opening schools seemed to at least be equal to the comments supporting schools being open. When someone asked the "close" people when exactly would be a good time they said they have no idea but not now and not until the virus is "gone." One person said she had not gone out of her home since March of 2020 but was disgusted that her roommate went out for the first time a month ago and now has come down with Covid. She stated the only way to get past this is for everyone to stop mingling with anyone outside of their household indefinitely. And she was being dead serious.

As long as there are a significant number of people like that then I dont think this is going to go completely away for some time.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Tue May 04, 2021 1:55 pm

Jalanlong,

No one except outliers has the appetite for doing this again. No way. I will bet money on it. Worst case, there is a booster shot/pill to placate everyone that they are protected. If someone is still an outlier come fall and still has an issue with opening schools, they will be in the minority. And likely ostracized. My opinion.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue May 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Back when Pritzger's daily Covid news conference was live TV, he looked absolutely gleeful and glowing. Very animated. He was loving it. Did either of you two pick up on that?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Tue May 04, 2021 3:02 pm

He enjoyed the spotlight for sure. I would guess most politicians do, or you wouldn't be in politics.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue May 04, 2021 6:46 pm

"Just like Madigan.

Cortopassi wrote: ↑I don't think so. Every day we spend further in these levels of restrictions is less revenue to the state.

Seriously, this is the part that baffles me. Even stupid, selfish politicians should be able to grasp this one."

I suspect what motivates an obese billionaire is different than what motivates your typical grifting politician.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -concerns/

Many police officers spurn coronavirus vaccines as departments hold off on mandates

Low immunization levels suggest hesitancy is pervasive, posing risks to public safety
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue May 04, 2021 9:19 pm

vnatale wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -concerns/

Many police officers spurn coronavirus vaccines as departments hold off on mandates

Low immunization levels suggest hesitancy is pervasive, posing risks to public safety
We have a hospital nurse friend who doesn't want the vax, and thinks that with the tight labor market in healthcare, they wouldn't dare fire him. It's already happened elsewhere though.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue May 04, 2021 10:22 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.48 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue May 04, 2021 10:33 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ow-organic

Refusing the Covid Vaccine Is Legal But Could Still Cost You Your Job
By Sarah Kopit

May 3, 2021, 7:30 AM EDT

Social media rife with talk that the boss can’t make it a rule

Experts say it’s just an employment condition, but jury is out
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed May 05, 2021 6:03 am

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed May 05, 2021 6:24 am

Getting stuck at this point seems more looney than it did at the start. My condolences to those who feel compelled. Hopefully the long term consequences are negligible for what's happened so far. We seem to be entering a new phase where the government will be conducting endless experiments on half the population. The only question is when will they use force to compel the other half.

It's almost unbelievable where we are now vs a year ago.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 am

"The only question is when will they use force to compel the other half."

Agreed. Over playing their hand is not high on their list of concerns.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Wed May 05, 2021 5:49 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:09 pm
And what if this summer is a lull before another fall/winter "case" spike? I have already seen several articles in the last week or so starting to warn people about the coming resurgence this fall. Even if you believe things will open up a bit in the summer, what makes you think politicians and citizenry will not be scared back into their homes next fall and winter with the latest variants etc?
That's exactly what I think will happen. Every fall and winter for the foreseeable future. COVID will eventually become one of the many winter respiratory viruses, albeit the only one with a supersensitive test.

The only question is for how many years there will be winter lockdowns imposed during respiratory illness season. I am just about 100% sure it will happen next winter, and probably the winter after that.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Wed May 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Can't happen, if it is at/near the same infection level. I will bet money.

If some variant comes out that is resistant to the vaccine and has a 10x mortality rate, maybe.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed May 05, 2021 8:45 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Can't happen, if it is at/near the same infection level. I will bet money.

If some variant comes out that is resistant to the vaccine and has a 10x mortality rate, maybe.

I am totally with you!
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed May 05, 2021 9:16 pm

The error you are making is that you are assuming that the people in charge are, like yourself, good natured, well intentioned people who only want what is best for a free society. IMO
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed May 05, 2021 9:22 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/05/scie ... &smtyp=cur

A Moderna vaccine booster will be effective against some variants, a trial indicates.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 pm

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/on ... the-world/

We need a statesman like this Italian.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed May 05, 2021 10:18 pm

Vaccinated Residents Only At Chicago Concert Series

Chicago officials announced the Protect Chicago Music Series on Wednesday morning. Attendees have to show their vaccination card to get in.

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/vacc ... aign=share
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 am

One critical piece of information in this article is that it compares deaths from the Wuhan injection to that of flu vaccines and other experimental treatments.

No surprise that for the Wuhan injection, the rate is orders of magnitude greater.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-05-06- ... eaths.html