Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by Maddy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am
Maddy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. . . .
You can’t even say that ..some of the most unhealthiest people are just chugging along fine with no covid
Huh?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am

Maddy wrote:
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. The sad truth is that these people are well on the way to killing themselves anyway.

For this they destroyed our economy, our currency, our liberty, and our future.
24kt gold. Now that the precedent has been set, they will try to run endless experiments on us and take away all rights in the name of protecting the elderly and obese from the flu. And people who get dopamine surges from obeying authority will lap it up.

This is why we need to break the US up. Freedom loving people get the red states in the middle with texas as the capital. I'd love to include my beloved FL if possible.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 am

Maddy wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Maddy wrote:
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. . . .
You can’t even say that ..some of the most unhealthiest people are just chugging along fine with no covid
Huh?
Maddy, the tallest man in the world is Chinese.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 am

If you mean sick right now, yes, the owners and a couple key people of the small business my son works for. The owner, his wife, the right hand man, and the wife of the sales guy.

Those are the only ones I know at the moment, but I'm in an older age group so most of my contemporaries have been vaccinated.

Ironically, the right hand man had his first vax shot 10 days prior to getting sick. The owner had his first one just a day or two before catching it. They think they caught it at a restaurant, because the sales guy's wife was in the restaurant the same day but not with that group.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:20 am

A 40 year old who manages the store next to the drum studio just died from covid ...he got from it from his 7 year old
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 am

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am

Maddy wrote:

What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. The sad truth is that these people are well on the way to killing themselves anyway.

For this they destroyed our economy, our currency, our liberty, and our future.

24kt gold. Now that the precedent has been set, they will try to run endless experiments on us and take away all rights in the name of protecting the elderly and obese from the flu. And people who get dopamine surges from obeying authority will lap it up.

This is why we need to break the US up. Freedom loving people get the red states in the middle with texas as the capital. I'd love to include my beloved FL if possible.

The infamous "they"! Who specifically comprises this "they". Are they working in concert? Do they have secret meetings to coordinate their activities for maximum effectiveness? How were they able to accomplish so much a year ago when we had a Republican president, senate, and supreme court - controlling 75% of the national government? And, weren't Republicans also in control of the majority of the state governors and state legislatures?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:41 am

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 am
Maddy wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Maddy wrote:
Huh?
Maddy, the tallest man in the world is Chinese.
Some unhealthy people aren't affected by Covid, therefore Covid doesn't disproportionately affect unhealthy people. It's called logic, people.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 pm
WiseOne wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 pm
SomeDude, I really appreciate the perspective you have been bringing to the forum.

But...I must say, didn't we already answer your question when you first posed it?
I'm just wondering if people on here know people still who are actually sick now.
Well, now that's much clearer. However it's not what you said. Here's a direct quote from your post:

"I have yet to even meet in real life someone who said they were ever sick."

As it happens, much of my post answers your modified question, whether we know anyone who is sick AND in the hospital right now (you added that qualification a few posts back). The answer is "yes". Sorry, the virus still exists....which only detracts from what I think is your main point, that Fauci, the CDC director et al are severely overreacting. Actually they're behaving like toddlers who are afraid their pacifier is about to be taken away.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 am
If you mean sick right now, yes, the owners and a couple key people of the small business my son works for. The owner, his wife, the right hand man, and the wife of the sales guy.

Those are the only ones I know at the moment, but I'm in an older age group so most of my contemporaries have been vaccinated.

Ironically, the right hand man had his first vax shot 10 days prior to getting sick. The owner had his first one just a day or two before catching it. They think they caught it at a restaurant, because the sales guy's wife was in the restaurant the same day but not with that group.
Very bad news to report. The wife of the sales guy died last night. She was hospitalized for 10 days or so, and was intubated for the past few days. She was a middle aged mom, probably 40's. Didn't know her, so I can't comment on her prior health. Terrible situation.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 am
I Shrugged wrote:

Very bad news to report. The wife of the sales guy died last night. She was hospitalized for 10 days or so, and was intubated for the past few days. She was a middle aged mom, probably 40's. Didn't know her, so I can't comment on her prior health. Terrible situation.
How awful!

Just to clarify: you were saying that one guy had had shot #1 10 days before getting sick, and the other had shot #1 just 1-2 days before getting sick. Are you implying that the wife had no vaccination?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:40 am

Xan wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am
I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 am
I Shrugged wrote:

How awful!

Just to clarify: you were saying that one guy had had shot #1 10 days before getting sick, and the other had shot #1 just 1-2 days before getting sick. Are you implying that the wife had no vaccination?
Our understanding is that the wife had not been vaccinated.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:30 pm

Very sad news indeed. So sorry to hear that, Shrugged.

The vaccines are supposed to confer protection by 2 weeks after the first shot. So the 10 day would mean maybe ok, maybe partial protection. The 1-2 day would be probably almost no protection, not really different from not vaccinated.

Of course, risk factors weigh heavily on the outcomes, and we don't have that information. Obesity, diabetes, heart & lung disease are the big ones. And vitamin D status.