Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by mathjak107 »

Here is just one of so many .
That supposed Israeli study has been busted over and over ..anyone with a brain can see that claim is clearly false propaganda

You are running on fumes here Murphy

“Furthermore, The Defender is Children’s Health Defense’s news and views website, and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. is the chairman and chief legal counsel for Children’s Health Defense. Kennedy Jr. is a known anti-vaccine advocate, conspiracy theorist, author, and environmental lawyer. Children's Health Defense is an anti-vaccine advocacy group, which spreads misinformation and disinformation about COVID-19.”

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/d84192df
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Xan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:27 am It's looking very good for vaccines massively reducing transmissibility (here's a decent summary):
https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-brief ... ansmission
so the more people get vaccinated (or otherwise achieve immunity), the quicker we can get back to normal.
I hope you're right Xan, but so far the actual case numbers aren't bearing this out. The winter peak resolved on its own as it was bound to do, vaccine or no vaccine. It's possible that things are a bit better right now because of vaccination, but not THAT much better. These studies were done mainly in asymptomatic people at low risk for serious disease, so you have to be careful about extrapolating those findings to the general population.

Also you're forgetting that the stated goal of the Fauci administration is zero cases, asymptomatic or not. That is never going to be achievable, vaccine or no. I'm inclined to think that Maddy's tongue in cheek post from a few pages back is more on target: people who want absolute safety are welcome to live in a bubble and separate themselves permanently from society. Since that's apparently what a sizeable number of people want.

Back also to the main topic of this thread....I'm going to discuss with my Mom's PMD whether she should have the second Pfizer shot. She had an adverse reaction to the first shot that I would not like to see repeated: a serious reduction of her cognitive abilities that she still hasn't completely recovered from. I talked to the Alzheimer's faculty member who sees her in his clinic, and he has noted this in a few of his patients. He's supportive of cancelling the second shot as the added benefits are minimal and the risk of her losing her independence is very real. If any of you have family members with cognitive decline you might want to think hard about this too.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

MangoMan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:36 am I don't really understand why you guys are arguing about this, as it's basically moot at this point. Within 2 weeks or less, literally anyone in the US who wants the vaccine will be able to get it. If the vaccine works as advertised (I believe it does; obviously who knows if there are long term side effects. And no Murph, it is NOT more dangerous than the disease), folks that got it don't need to worry anymore, and those that refuse it are choosing to take their own risk. Win win, so what's the problem?
+1

I'm kinda cool with Darwin taking over about 6-8 weeks after a state says everyone who wants the vaccination can get it. At that point, for this topic, I don't feel the need to watch out for my fellow citizens any longer and my mask is coming off. At this point, it actually is a personal choice and choices have consequences. Previously, it wasn't necessarily a choice you could make.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

I’ve enjoyed not looking at the forum for about a week....

This was pretty funny on SNL last night. Boomers got the vax video.

https://youtu.be/2hekDuCBxCc
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

MangoMan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:36 am Within 2 weeks or less, literally anyone in the US who wants the vaccine will be able to get it.
Say what????

Don't get too excited about the media's ill-informed interpretation of what Biden actually said. That is, by May 1st some states will be able to include all adults in the group that's allowed to request the vaccine.

More sober heads are talking about hitting the above milestone sometime in the fall. And that's assuming everything goes according to plan, which of course it won't. Next winter is more likely. And this is entirely discounting the very real possibility of serious side effects emerging from the vaccines that can't be rationalized away or actively suppressed.

There's also the issue that in early 2022, we will arrive at that milestone and find that the COVID cases are still greater than zero. I'll be very interested to find out what happens next. Forced inoculations and new vaccines to take care of the new variants is my guess. Meanwhile, "new immigrants" will still be flooding across the border, and contributing to the new case counts. Oh this is really going to be special.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Kbg wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:37 am
MangoMan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:36 am I don't really understand why you guys are arguing about this, as it's basically moot at this point. Within 2 weeks or less, literally anyone in the US who wants the vaccine will be able to get it. If the vaccine works as advertised (I believe it does; obviously who knows if there are long term side effects. And no Murph, it is NOT more dangerous than the disease), folks that got it don't need to worry anymore, and those that refuse it are choosing to take their own risk. Win win, so what's the problem?
+1

I'm kinda cool with Darwin taking over about 6-8 weeks after a state says everyone who wants the vaccination can get it. At that point, for this topic, I don't feel the need to watch out for my fellow citizens any longer and my mask is coming off. At this point, it actually is a personal choice and choices have consequences. Previously, it wasn't necessarily a choice you could make.
I'm not saying you're wrong, because I think you're mostly right, but kids still can't be vaccinated, so it's not quite so cut-and-dried.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

I wonder if some people will make their own "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card". It's just a piece of business card weight paper. Anyone can fill in the blanks. After my first dose, my patient number is not even filled out. The place name for where I got the shot is just an acronym. Not very hard for someone to DIY something that looks fine.

All you need is a printer and some card stock:

https://health.wyo.gov/wp-content/uploa ... ard-2b.pdf

I know no one here will ever do something like that. Just pointing it out so we can pass some more laws, and maybe put such cheats in prison for longer than murderers and rapists.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

Not how it works ...here in New York you get an ap ....the ap checks the data base and gives you back an authorization number ..it is like how you are checked through a data base before getting a boarding pass ...you don’t show a card
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Otherwise I'm with Kbg. Get your shots, or don't, and let's all get on with life. I am not going to cast shade on someone who has chosen not to get the shot. I got mine, and I hope it works. Everyone else can do what they want.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

mathjak107 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 pm Not how it works ...here in New York you get an ap ....the ap checks the data base and gives you back an authorization number ..it is like how you are checked through a data base before getting a boarding pass ...you don’t show a card
How what works? Getting a card? Or proving you are vaccinated so you can do something?
Because I got the card shown, with the provider filling in the blanks. If I come to NY and have to prove it, all I have is this card. With nothing identifying me except my name.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

mathjak107 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:51 pm Here are the details

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/govern ... garden-and
Really not much different than getting a chip implanted in you with all of the things anyone might want to know about you.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

I Shrugged wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:52 pm
mathjak107 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 pm Not how it works ...here in New York you get an ap ....the ap checks the data base and gives you back an authorization number ..it is like how you are checked through a data base before getting a boarding pass ...you don’t show a card
How what works? Getting a card? Or proving you are vaccinated so you can do something?
Because I got the card shown, with the provider filling in the blanks. If I come to NY and have to prove it, all I have is this card. With nothing identifying me except my name.
Not sure how out of staters will work ..but for New Yorkers here is the deal as to the mechanics

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/ex ... -questions
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

mathjak107 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 pm
Not how it works ...here in New York you get an ap ....the ap checks the data base and gives you back an authorization number ..it is like how you are checked through a data base before getting a boarding pass ...you don’t show a card

I am looking at my card now.

Is it the same as yours? It says "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card" on top with a CDC logo on top right.

There is a sticker on it with my name, Stu Id, Account No, DOB, and the exact time (to the second) of my vaccine (which was less than 10 minutes after I entered the building).

Handwritten on the card is the Product Name / Manufacturer Lot Number, Date, Healthcare Professional / Clinic Site

Is your card...same, similar, different. Anyone else?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

It looks like there will be ny state testing facilities set up where out of Towners can get tested up to 72 hours in advance and put in the system
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

vnatale wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Is it the same as yours? It says "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card" on top with a CDC logo on top right.

There is a sticker on it with my name, Stu Id, Account No, DOB, and the exact time (to the second) of my vaccine (which was less than 10 minutes after I entered the building).

Handwritten on the card is the Product Name / Manufacturer Lot Number, Date, Healthcare Professional / Clinic Site

Your card is not used if you read my links ...the information about you comes from a data base ...it will have your vaccination and covid test history in it .. you will be given a code good for 72 hours each time with valid photo I’d shown at the venue. All covid tests have to be done within 72 hours in nys if you show no vaccination
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

mathjak107 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Your card is not used if you read my links ...the information about you comes from a data base ...it will have your vaccination and covid test history in it .. you will be given a code good for 72 hours each time with valid photo Identification shown at the venue. All covid tests have to be done within 72 hours in nys if you show no vaccination
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

NYC and any other blue cities that mandate or incentivize Covid vaccine passports are just shooting themselves in the foot. They’ve already been strangling their tourism and local economies for the past year; vaccine passports will just make it even worse.

I don’t plan to get the Covid vaccine since I caught the virus itself. But I have no desire to visit NYC again, so New Yorkers won’t have to worry about me spewing my diseased miasma all over their bubble city.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

Just be careful , because you have no clue about that immunity or it’s strength..my friend is a cop and she had covid 2x in a year already and was pretty sick both times ...it was about 11 months apart
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

mathjak107 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:03 pm Just be careful , because you have no clue about that immunity or it’s strength..my friend is a cop and she had covid 2x in a year already and was pretty sick both times ...it was about 11 months apart
Confirmed reinfections are exceedingly rare, with or without a vaccine.

I’m sure I’ll get sick again in a year or so since I typically get sick about once a year. Maybe it’ll be a Covid variant. Maybe a flu variant. Maybe a cold variant.

I’ll take it easy, eat some chicken noodle soup, take an ibuprofin or two, and then get on with my life after a few days when I feel better. Like I always do. Such is life.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

tomfoolery wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:30 pm The vaccine works, it’s proven. It’s not more deadly than the disease, do we have 540k Americans who died of the vaccine, I don’t think so.
There are no long term studies to know what effect this will have on people and from the look of things, most people have nothing to fear from covid.

That and aren't the vaccines being pushed by Bill Gates? Isn't his wife a Satan worshipper who wears upside down crosses on national TV? Probably don't want to bee injected with anything she's pushing.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

Most people have nothing to fear from covid Except when they do

Most people in these parts either have had covid , have lost loved ones to covid , have permanent or long term effects from covid or were quite sickly like us and hospitalized from covid.. the rest fear for their families who might get it .

So it all depends were MOST you refer to are located . Most here are in the above category ..people fear for their parents , our kids our friends because no one knows who is going to have major issues ..my daughter has it now and has no sense of taste or smell back ..no one knows when and if it will be back ..

So consider yourself lucky if you were not in an area where it went out of control.

We shut down early on and tried to stop the carnage but it was to late ...others learned from what happened to us in the tri state area since we were crushed by it ,so the reason many can say that is the damage was inflicted elsewhere
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

vnatale wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:06 pm Is your card...same, similar, different. Anyone else?
Here's mine....

My wife got hers at work and is the same but all the information has been hand-written and there is no bar code. Stickers were attached to mine.

And BTW, it won't fit in a normal wallet without bending it so I won't be carrying it around with me at all times.

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

pp4me wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:37 pm

Here's mine....

My wife got hers at work and is the same but all the information has been hand-written and there is no bar code. Stickers were attached to mine.

And BTW, it won't fit in a normal wallet without bending it so I won't be carrying it around with me at all times.

Thanks. Your card looks exactly the same. Different sticker information, though.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

SomeDude wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:11 pm
tomfoolery wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:30 pm The vaccine works, it’s proven. It’s not more deadly than the disease, do we have 540k Americans who died of the vaccine, I don’t think so.
There are no long term studies to know what effect this will have on people and from the look of things, most people have nothing to fear from covid.

That and aren't the vaccines being pushed by Bill Gates? Isn't his wife a Satan worshipper who wears upside down crosses on national TV? Probably don't want to bee injected with anything she's pushing.
In the 1950's couldn't the argument have been made that the long term effects of the Polio vaccine were not known, and Polio while serious, affected only a relatively small % of Americans, so why take the vaccine? Why subject yourself to a grand experiment?

Instead it was pushed as a matter of public health, and despite safety incidents, it was publicly advocated by famous people like Elvis Presley, and the public trusted the scientists and got on board. As a result Polio was eradicated from the US. Americans were proud to be "polio pioneers" and received a commemorative pin and card which many kept in scrapbooks and family albums.
Due to the efforts of the WHO eradication initiative launched in 1988, with support in recent years from the Gates Foundation, we are very close to eradicating Polio from the planet.

The story of the WHO led effort to vaccinate all of India is legendary because of the sheer scope, and it resulted in India being polio free since 2011.

As of 2020 the only two polio endemic countries left are Pakistan and Afghanistan, though there are others that have precautionary travel requirements despite being polio free.

Thoughts?