"Spring Break" Violence in Florida

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

"Spring Break" Violence in Florida

Post by Maddy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:25 am

Take a look at this video. Don't look like any "spring breakers" I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIUXuElFLc
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: "Spring Break" Violence in Florida

Post by whatchamacallit » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:56 am

Is there a lot of violence happening? I really haven't seen too much about it.

Brief glimpse of video kind of made me think of modern day woodstock.

Problem is information travels so quick these days. The crowds get bigger quicker.

Big crowds always going to be public safety nightmare.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:11 am

Looks to me like a city of middle to lower-class people who are fed up with being locked down.

BTW, the only violence apparent from this video began at precisely 8 p.m., when the curfew began and the police rolled in.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:05 am

Yes, that is a highly unusual crowd for Spring Break. Always thought it was a predominantly Caucasian thing.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:29 am

Maddy wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:11 am
Looks to me like a city of middle to lower-class people who are fed up with being locked down.

BTW, the only violence apparent from this video began at precisely 8 p.m., when the curfew began and the police rolled in.
In that video, sure. But here's a Twitter thread showing several videos of the kind of violence throughout that neighborhood that motivated the curfew and the police's enforcement of it:
The national media will tell you #MiamiBeach issued a state of emergency and shut down because of the crowds and some will lie and say it's because of Covid. That's only half the story. Here are some videos of what is really going on.

This happened TWICE at the same Resturant

https://twitter.com/MisterCommodity/sta ... 11106?s=20
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:53 am

Maddy wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:25 am
Take a look at this video. Don't look like any "spring breakers" I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIUXuElFLc

Is this "spring breaker", as well as the BLM riots, Capitol riot, European riots, South American riots, China riots, etc. part of an Ergodic System with no boundary other than the earth and coming soon to a neighborhood near you? Where are the bread and circuses? >:D

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:29 am

whatchamacallit wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:56 am
Is there a lot of violence happening? I really haven't seen too much about it.

Brief glimpse of video kind of made me think of modern day woodstock.

Problem is information travels so quick these days. The crowds get bigger quicker.

Big crowds always going to be public safety nightmare.
Here is a Miami Herald news update -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-spring-bre ... 15265.html

David Ovalle
Mon, March 22, 2021, 1:19 PM·4 min read
Two North Carolina men visiting South Beach have been arrested and accused of drugging and raping a woman who later died in her hotel room, police say.

The men, Evoire Collier, 21, and Dorian Taylor, 24, are also accused of stealing the woman’s credit cards to spend money on their trip in South Beach. Investigators are trying to determine whether the woman died of an overdose, possibly from a pill the men supplied. The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s Office said Monday it is conducting further tests, and no cause of death has been determined.

The arrests come as Miami Beach police and city officials have been grappling with the overwhelming spring break crowds, instituting an 8 p.m. curfew aimed at cracking down on rowdy revelers on the streets. In recent weeks, South Beach has seen brawls, crowd stampedes and police confrontations involving the use of pepper balls.

Miami Beach police have made over 1,000 arrests since February and at least five officers have been hurt on the job, according to the department. Interim City Manager Raul Aguila, on Saturday, called for the curfew to “contain the overwhelming crowd of visitors and the potential for violence, disruption and damage to property” during what has at times been a chaotic spring break period."
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:31 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:31 pm
Interesting that the videographer chose to edit the video to only depict African American partygoers acting poorly.
Do you seriously think the press would pass up an opportunity to capture a 250-pound white woman bent over on the roof of a truck, thrusting her butt back and forth?
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Maddy wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:31 am
tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:31 pm
Interesting that the videographer chose to edit the video to only depict African American partygoers acting poorly.
Do you seriously think the press would pass up an opportunity to capture a 250-pound white woman bent over on the roof of a truck, thrusting her butt back and forth?
This just in - Butt thrusting might cause fires....

Dodge Challenger Burns In Miami Beach Riots

"Photos captured by people in the area before the fire was started captured t(w)o scantily-clad women dancing on top of the Challenger."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dodge ... d=msedgntp
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:50 pm

Seriously, this won't be covered on mainstream TV news, will it? Because, well, you know.