Coronavirus General Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Tortoise » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Yes, I was also infected by someone who was presymptomatic (he developed symptoms the day after spending a weekend at our house, after which he took a Covid test that came back positive).

But I stand by my assertion that Covid "case" numbers were vastly inflated even before any vaccines became available. The PCR tests were using cycle thresholds of 40 or higher, when much lower thresholds of 26-28 are optimal for detecting live virus (i.e., infectivity). As a result, most of the positive PCR test results were likely from people who weren't actually infectious -- meaning they wouldn't transmit the virus to you, your wife, or anyone else.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:02 pm

there certainly were botches every where in what was communicated and done
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Everything went as planned. Bailouts and downsizing blamed on Covid-84 and not Wall St like last time. Voting rules stretched to get a huge mail-in turnout and unseat trump.

https://www.reddit.com/r/peopleofwalmar ... ded_badly/

^ Comments like those on reddit used to be just funny, now its people like that enabling the politicians who made small business and normal social behavior illegal. Libtards have been weaponized.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 am

What ever worked ...the chaos master is now gone ..I don’t have to look at his lying ego centric face anymore
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:59 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:00 am
pp4me wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:15 pm
Man dies 25 minutes after being vaccinated...

https://www.foxnews.com/health/new-york ... r-offiical

Not going to jump to the conclusion that it was triggered solely by the vaccination but this sentence got my attention....
"The incident occurred approximately 25 minutes after he was vaccinated, and following the required 15 minute observation period where he exhibited no adverse reactions or any distress," reads an emailed statement sent to Fox News.
I've had quite a number of vaccines over the course of my life including for polio and the flu but I don't recall there ever being a 15 minute observation period afterward, or even ANY observation period. So what's up with that?

These vaccines are released on an emergency basis , not the typical full trials spanning years
Looks like 15 minutes wasn't enough in this case.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:22 am

I got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. As I figured would happen, my institution started ratcheting up the pressure and I couldn't delay any longer.

I'm glad I did delay, because we now know that autoimmune disorders can be triggered, possibly life threatening or permanently disabling, in addition to the well-known allergic reactions. I am NOT advising this for anyone here but I decided to blunt my immune response by premedicating with ibuprofen, and then continue taking it round the clock for 2 days. I'm not having any problems except for the usual soreness at the injection site, which is not as bad as what I've experienced in the past. I'm also going to try to avoid getting the second shot - simply delaying may be enough because inevitably they're going to run out of shots and decide to limit people to just one. But if I have to do it I plan to premedicate with a combo of meds including prednisone (a low dose just once, on the day of the appointment). (I should have done that for this shot but I didn't think of it until too late...oops!)

I also have a history of severe allergic reactions, so I got a special sticker saying I had to wait around for 30 minutes after the shot, instead of the usual 15 minutes. You can always opt to do that, and in fact I suggest to anyone here to increase the time to an hour. I also made sure someone at the vaccine site was equipped with an Epi-pen.

Hope this is helpful for people....again, I am NOT advising anyone to premedicate. You have to balance your risks & benefits and decide where your biggest risk lies. There's also no data whatsoever on how the blunting effect of anti-inflammatory premedication would affect either the serious adverse effects or the immunity produced. It's all based on studies done with prior vaccines (which by definition were not mRNA) plus some basic medical knowledge & logic.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:26 am

Whenever I got the flu shot (haven't in >5 years) I would feel crappy and have a light fever for 1-2 days. I figured it wasn't worth it so stopped getting it.

Same thing happened with the two dose shingles shot.

I expect the same with the Covid shots.

WiseOne, or anyone -- does having such a reaction mean anything positive or negative vs. people who have little to no reaction?
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:26 am
Whenever I got the flu shot (haven't in >5 years) I would feel crappy and have a light fever for 1-2 days. I figured it wasn't worth it so stopped getting it.
I get the same thing. The worst was the nasal mist flu vaccine.

I got sick a year ago (after getting the flu vaccine), so I either had corona, or the flu vaccine jacked me up when I got it AND failed to protecc.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:54 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 am
I got sick a year ago (after getting the flu vaccine), so I either had corona, or the flu vaccine jacked me up when I got it AND failed to protecc.
Another possibility is that your sickness a year ago may have been due to a common cold virus rather than the flu or the 'rona.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Oh, yea I guess that's a possibility too. I had the full body aches, which I didn't think happen with a common cold (head cold). Dunno.

I usually just stick it under the umbrella of "sick" since I might get sick once every year or two.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 am
Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:26 am
I get the same thing. The worst was the nasal mist flu vaccine.

The last time I was sick was about 19 years ago in the Army from the "flu shot" or whatever they were giving. That's also the last time I got a flu shot.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Americans' willingness to get COVID-19 vaccines reaches record high: Poll

Willingness to get the vaccine increased in both Democrats and Republicans.

ByDr. Nicholas Nissen

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/americans ... itter_abcn
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:53 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 am
I don’t have to look at his lying egocentric face anymore
Must you always sugar coat everything, MJ? O0
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:11 pm

barrett wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:53 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 am

I don’t have to look at his lying egocentric face anymore

Must you always sugar coat everything, MJ? O0

Was this the first time mathjak actually expressed a political view? I seemed to have told myself just recently that I'd not remembered mathjak ever having commented on any political matters.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:25 pm

I really hate politics and as far as my views go they all suck .

But this is the first time in decades I actually could not stand a president not only as a leader but as a human being
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:30 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:29 am
WiseOne, I don't remember anyone saying not to take ibuprofen or acetaminophen after my injection. In fact, Fauci even said in some video that the flu-like symptoms could easily be mitigated with anti-inflammatories. Is there data that shows the vaccine would be less effective if you took ibu the next day?
Based on studies with prior, non-mRNA vaccines, anything anti-inflammatory taken peri-injection could blunt the immune response. Per the CDC, taking NSAIDs for vaccine-induced symptoms is ok, but those wouldn't be noticeable until several hours afterward. By then, the mRNA strands are supposedly mostly degraded. Although, I found some info that it takes a couple of days for the injected mRNA to be completely gone, so the timing of peri-injection vs post-injection is not exactly clear. It's also not known whether the mRNA vaccines are different in this regard from traditional vaccines.

Yet another issue with this rushed vaccine process. Bottom line is, we simply don't know. Of course the CDC said it was ok to medicate symptoms away, because if they said otherwise a lot more people might refuse the vaccine given its high rate of disabling side effects.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:45 pm

So far 7 million doses have been given with very little in the way of bad adverse reactions .

Even that person who died , died from what is suspected to be an issue with his blood count not vaccine related .

The biggest issues are the normal body responses which kind of mimic weak symptoms of covid but with no replication.

Most vaccines are considered okay by 3,000,000 dose testing
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:48 pm

Just wait until they activate the nanomolecules and turn everyone into fast zombies!
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Why all the world's coronavirus would fit in a can of cola

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2021 ... -coca-cola
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:20 pm

whatchamacallit wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm
Why all the world's coronavirus would fit in a can of cola

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2021 ... -coca-cola
I remember reading somewhere that the entire universe was calculated to be contained in something the size of a marble at the time of the big bang. Just needed a catalyst I guess.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:57 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:48 pm
Just wait until they activate the nanomolecules and turn everyone into fast zombies!
I now have a third ear, and only 2 weeks after the first shot. I wonder what is to come? But my hearing has drastically improved. I can now hear conspiracy theories in Mandarin as well as English. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:04 pm

Trump Was Sicker Than Acknowledged With Covid-19

When hospitalized with the coronavirus in October, his blood oxygen levels had plunged and officials feared he was on the verge of being placed on a ventilator.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/us/p ... virus.html
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:37 am

Oh no, not again..... announced a few hours ago :P

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/sites/de ... ctions.pdf

Guess we can look forward to this again -> https://www.rebelnews.com/sydney_man_violently_arrested

<edit> On a positive note, we went to the Ballarat Botanic Gardens before the midnight lockdown start. Great statues there. The one in the image is about 12 foot high including the pedestal. Highly recommend a visit!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 12.52.55 am.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 12.52.55 am.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 2801 times
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:12 am

From a newsletter...

Vinny

Around 200,000 U.S. COVID deaths could’ve been prevented if we weren’t so screwed up as a country
According to the British medical journal The Lancet, 40% of the nation’s coronavirus deaths could have been prevented if the United States’ average death rate matched other industrialized nations. That’s nearly 200,000 people who died because of our nation’s policy choices.

The report went strongly after the Trump administration for its horrendous response to the pandemic, which, in turn, gave guidance and cover to Trump-minded officials at the state and local level to similarly and intentionally bungle it. But it wasn’t all Trump. The report makes clear that our crappy handling of the virus was the result of years of other, broader crappy public policy decisions that long predated him.

It’s simply how America rolls.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... lth-policy
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:39 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:12 am
From a newsletter...

Vinny

Around 200,000 U.S. COVID deaths could’ve been prevented if we weren’t so screwed up as a country
According to the British medical journal The Lancet, 40% of the nation’s coronavirus deaths could have been prevented if the United States’ average death rate matched other industrialized nations. That’s nearly 200,000 people who died because of our nation’s policy choices.

The report went strongly after the Trump administration for its horrendous response to the pandemic, which, in turn, gave guidance and cover to Trump-minded officials at the state and local level to similarly and intentionally bungle it. But it wasn’t all Trump. The report makes clear that our crappy handling of the virus was the result of years of other, broader crappy public policy decisions that long predated him.

It’s simply how America rolls.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... lth-policy
Even assuming it's true that some other handling of this would have made a difference (does it specifically say what?), number of deaths is only one dimension of this thing. That isn't the only way to keep score.

Just as a for instance, if we had surrendered to Germany and Japan in WWII, many of our young men who were killed would not have been. Would that have been good for freedom, prosperity, future generations, the economy, or really anything? And yet if we just go by "number of deaths", we'd have to say it was.