Twitter will hand @POTUS to Biden on Inauguration Day, even if Trump doesn’t concede

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Twitter will hand @POTUS to Biden on Inauguration Day, even if Trump doesn’t concede

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:26 pm

“Twitter is actively preparing to support the transition of White House institutional Twitter accounts on January 20th, 2021,” a Twitter spokesperson said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/2 ... tus-438880
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Twitter will hand @POTUS to Biden on Inauguration Day, even if Trump doesn’t concede

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:41 pm

What is wrong with just letting the system play out as designed?

States certify their votes.

Plaintiffs file challenges.

Courts decide.

This handing over of authority to twitter, facebook, fox and CNN is frankly pretty freaky.
Are you OK with that?

Mark
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Twitter will hand @POTUS to Biden on Inauguration Day, even if Trump doesn’t concede

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:34 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:41 pm

Courts decide.

This handing over of authority to twitter, facebook, fox and CNN is frankly pretty freaky.
Are you OK with that?

Mark
Its handing over zero authority to them. They are all organizations making their own choices. What they chose to do have no legal consequences. However, at least in this case, Twitter is recognizing reality unlike Trump and, seemingly, many of his minions.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:46 am

Mark Leavy wrote:

Courts decide.

Are you OK with that?

Mark
The thing is Trump is not just letting this play out. He is actively trying whatever he can do to disenfranchise voters and undermine our democracy while at the same time shrieking fraud. It's mind boggling and frankly extremely freaky. The latest being the Michigan lawmakers that he flew down to Whitehouse to try to overturn Bidens 150k lead in that state. Thank goodness our system seems to be holding up to the pressure of this 800 pound whiny autocratic gorilla. Fu** Trump and anyone who supports what he is doing.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:48 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:35 am
Mark Leavy wrote:

Courts decide.

Are you OK with that?

Mark
He just wants his candidate to win, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say he wants Trump to lose.
How that happens is of no interest to him, because he has no principles.
Sounds like you're describing yourself here... look in the mirror.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:53 am

doodle wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:46 am
Mark Leavy wrote:

Courts decide.

Are you OK with that?

Mark
The thing is Trump is not just letting this play out. He is actively trying whatever he can do to disenfranchise voters and undermine our democracy while at the same time shrieking fraud. It's mind boggling and frankly extremely freaky. The latest being the Michigan lawmakers that he flew down to Whitehouse to try to overturn Bidens 150k lead in that state. Thank goodness our system seems to be holding up to the pressure of this 800 pound whiny autocratic gorilla. Fu** Trump and anyone who supports what he is doing.
If a democrat were doing this same thing... all these Trump supporters would be freaking out and ready to go to war because their democracy was being threatened. It's ok if the democracy is threatened... as long as it's your guy doing the threatening. I call hypocrisy. I'm all for the courts doing their thing... but here's the thing. The courts HAVE ALREADY done their thing. They've already booted most of the cases out for "lack of evidence". Let us not forget, Trump has not actually submitted a single lawsuit alleging fraud. Why are his lawsuits in the court not matching his speech outside court? Why does he have to try to convince local lawmakers to go against the will of their constituents and give him electors he did not win if the courts were going to rule in favor of him? The hypocrisy and delusion on the "right" these days is ridiculous.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:22 am

I know it's a waste of time to argue with crazies, but...

Please point me to where in the Constitution it says that the election is decided not by the Electoral College, but by Twitter.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 am

The issue I have with supporters of Trump here and elsewhere, is that, assuming, on Dec 14th, the electoral college affirms Biden, it just won't be over.

It will never be over, will it? The election will have been stolen in perpetuity, even if lawyers and judges for years continue to find nothing substantial, right?

That is what is illogical. Religious level. Messiah level. Kool Aid Jim Jones level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG25f13s2JA
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 am

Simonjester wrote: do you honestly expect the dems to act any differently if the court finds that there is enough cheating to warrant declaring trump the winner?

I don't...
and they have said as much themselves..
Not at all. I am just asking if there will ever come a time that Trump supporters will, at least, resign themselves to the likelihood that he lost?

If not, we'll never do any healing.

And tech's premonition of a Trump win splitting the dems into a far left and more moderate faction will come true -- but for the republicans instead -- with a far right Trump party splitting the vote with a more moderate republican party.

And that will be the end of republicans winning the presidency for likely a long time.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 am

Simonjester wrote: do you honestly expect the dems to act any differently if the court finds that there is enough cheating to warrant declaring trump the winner?

I don't...
Show us the motherfuc*** money then! Not insane press conferences with gibberish spouting yahoos making wild allegations! Show some goddamn proof! Georgia just finished a damn hand recount for Christ sakes. The courts have tossed out every lawsuit. You keep repeating the same tired theories without evidence.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 am

Did the left wing media mount an endless campaign to discredit and destroy Trump? Yep they did. Just like Carlson and Hannity and Limbaugh and Beck did every day with Obama. Did it affect Trump's relection chances, yes it did probably. Was the election fraudently stolen? No court has seen enough evidence with regards to any of those allegations to even hear a case.

Trump got beaten at his own game and he's sour. Let him pout. Stop defending this whiny puss-boy
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:09 pm

doodle, I'm concerned about you. Does profanity help you express your points? Did you take your meds this morning? At least you better take your blood pressure meds before you stroke out. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Simonjester wrote:
doodle wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 am

I don't...
Show us the motherfuc*** money then! Not insane press conferences with gibberish spouting yahoos making wild allegations! Show some goddamn proof! Georgia just finished a damn hand recount for Christ sakes. The courts have tossed out every lawsuit. You keep repeating the same tired theories without evidence.
this is the kind of tone def "I cant hear anything but what i already know" that is driving politics and this country (and forum quality) into the ground..

i said "IF"
i didn't say it was going to happen,
i didn't say i believe it is more likely to end one way than the other,
i didn't propose any theory's or allegations about the vote count or the cheating (they all always do ) or if they will get caught..
i proposed that the dems will behave the exact same way as trump "IF" it goes against them...

you may want to check who the gibberish spouting yahoos making wild allegations really are...
A wise saying from ..... somewhere, someone, somehow, sometimes: You can't win a pissing contest with a skunk. ;) ;D >:D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:03 pm

Simonjester wrote: and for some commentary on, evidence, court tactics, and what MAY (Capitalized and bolded for emphasis) be happening..

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... ategy.html
From the article:

Assuming there is evidence, that doesn’t mean it is sufficient to turn the election or throw it to the Congress. Trump still might lose. At the very least, he will have outed the undeniable corruption in our election system and sown doubt as to the legitimacy of a Biden/Harris administration -- all which helps with the Georgia run-offs, the mid-terms, and a Trump campaign in 2024.

As to the claims that this is all a bluff or a conspiracy, one must ask who gains what? Trump’s attorneys have everything to lose, including their licenses for a scam on the American public. Nor does the President have anything to gain. If all for the sake of nothing, he would certainly look the fool -- even to his supporters. It would further fracture our trust in the system, destroy the GOP and our chances in the Georgia run-offs, the mid-terms, and 2024. Trump would leave office like a wrecking ball, proving that the left and #NeverTrumpers were right about him all along. No one who plays three-dimensional chess would walk headfirst into such a colossal blunder.

--------------
I can only go back to what some of us have said multiple times, that there was only fraud on the left? Not the right? And the left screwed it up so bad they just barely won? And also let so many Congress seats flip or not go democratic?

It strains my imagination and the small nugget that is attracted by conspiracy theories. The second paragraph above is true... who gains what? I don't know. I don't get it. There are certain people, regardless of intelligence, who are magnetically attracted to Trump and they are all going to follow him off a cliff.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:49 pm

Simonjester wrote:
i can only propose a theory... the right and left when it comes to cheating are two sides of the uniparty, and yes they do cheat..
my theory - why not steal the whole thing? why (possibly have) left the down ballot races alone ?
-the uniparty doesn't care who is in power, as long as it is them, trump is the not them/against them, and the only race that mattered.
- over confidence they thought they had a blue wave and saw Biden Harris as the weak link so focused there.
- time constraints limited opportunity, even if planned ahead and well equipped for cheating, an election is done on a tight time line, i would not assume it is easy to fudge one, or that the individual actors are master criminals, most are likely about as bright as the average politician or their zealots ..
- it doesn't matter if the theft is partial or appears absurd if they get away with it.. once they have a stolen win they have the power and a vice like grip on the future of who gets power, so from that perspective "who cares"..

The question, as always, is who specifically is this "they"?

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Simonjester wrote:
members of the establishment, the corrupt, the uniparty, the swamp, the people who are at the end of the path when you follow the money, those individuals that put having power/money above morality, honesty, integrity, the self servers, those who would (and do) violate of their oath to serve us in favor of there own interest....

That is still not specific...i.e, actual names.

Who are their leaders? How do all manage to stay in power? What are the ways that one gets into this group? Do they ever throw anyone out of this group?

Have we ever seen just one of these people tell us all about this "they"? That is, again, naming names?

Otherwise, it just reads like the list of all those who were involved in the Kennedy assassination, which was just about everyone except for me and those reading this right now.

Simonjester wrote:
it would be easier to just name the three or so who are most likely not ... IE rand and Ron Paul :'(

the answer to the rest is their interests most often align...

so it doesn't require much conspiring, it just takes greedy corrupt humans doing greedy and corrupt stuff..