Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:34 am

"Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-rev ... an-to-dad/
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:54 pm

That is a weird story! Did the computer guy break any laws in doing that?

At this point I don't think it will affect the election. It might linger afterwards if Biden wins, though.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 am
If this was real news, why did Facebook and Twatter ban it from their sites?
:D
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:21 am

Just heard Sean Spicer on C-Span for 45 minutes discussing his book and other things. He was quite good.

Pointed out that with the releasing of Trump's return information was okay, with no questioning the propriety of the sources while in this case this is not being discussing based upon the premise of questioning the propriety of the sources.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am

I have the feeling that the big tech and media's attempts to suppress this story are going to backfire big time. Twitter and Facebook can block links to the NY post story but are they going to block links to stories about them blocking the links to the story? Won't this just make the average person more curious?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:36 am

pp4me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am
I have the feeling that the big tech and media's attempts to suppress this story are going to backfire big time. Twitter and Facebook can block links to the NY post story but are they going to block links to stories about them blocking the links to the story? Won't this just make the average person more curious?
As an experiment.....Iwas able to post it to Facebook. But Twitter would not let me do so saying that it was "potentially harmful".

Vinny

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-rev ... an-to-dad/
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am

Twitter locks Trump campaign’s account over video related to The Post’s Hunter Biden bombshell

https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/twitter-b ... -719093899
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 am

pp4me wrote:
They're going to try to block everything but, as you suggest, all that will do is make people who don't have stage 4 TDS wonder what is being covered up.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:43 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 am
vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am
Twitter locks Trump campaign’s account over video related to The Post’s Hunter Biden bombshell

So are you rethinking your vote?
Definitely not! I'm both a Never Trump and Never Biden!

Was going to vote Libertarian but reading some things here has made me question that. Definitely NOT Green Party. Maybe, then, a write-in for one of the four Democratic candidates I would have voted for. My conscience will do fine if I do that.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:43 am

I've since read that this is from Russia and been debunked? I've asked for the source of that information.

Vinny
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:43 am
I've since read that this is from Russia and been debunked? I've asked for the source of that information.

Vinny
That's what the lamestream media always says when anything comes out that is unfavorable to their side (Democrat).
In fact, the emails come from a laptop left by Hunter Biden at a repair shop and never picked up.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 am
vnatale wrote:

Vinny
That's what the lamestream media always says when anything comes out that is unfavorable to their side (Democrat).
In fact, the emails come from a laptop left by Hunter Biden at a repair shop and never picked up.
It actually came from two people on Facebook who had responded to me putting the article on Facebook.

I just checked. No one has yet provided me the source for it being debunked.

I did, however, get this response from someone else: "There's a ton of misinformation on this... It hasn't been debunked, but it also hasn't been verified. Since the information is coming out of Russia, Twitter and Facebook are marking it as potentially harmful until it can be verified either way"

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 am

Also, while something I recently put here said that the NY Post is slightly more conservative than the average American, I do not consider it to be a media that is reckless in what it reports. Plus, my observation is that it is solidly anti-Trump. Therefore, you could not make the bias argument with them. Guess my main conclusion is that they are going with whatever they think is creditable and which will help get them attention and, thereby, additional revenues.

Vinny
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:12 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny
It actually came from two people on Facebook who had responded to me putting the article on Facebook.

I did, however, get this response from someone else: "There's a ton of misinformation on this... It hasn't been debunked, but it also hasn't been verified. Since the information is coming out of Russia, Twitter and Facebook are marking it as potentially harmful until it can be verified either way"

Vinny
It's not coming out of Russia. It's coming from that laptop, which was never in Russia unless Hunter Biden took it with him on a trip there.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

Vinny
Vinny - Do you find it funny the MSM is not covering this 24x7 and using the phrases "If true" and "Potential Bombshell" to report on the info before it has been fully confirmed - I would think if this was a one of Trumps Son's reported laptops it would a 24x7 news -
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 am
pp4me wrote:
They're going to try to block everything but, as you suggest, all that will do is make people who don't have stage 4 TDS wonder what is being covered up.
I see that Twitter just blocked Trump's account.

Now that everything's being done virtual because of Covid the CEOs won't even have to travel to D.C. to testify in person before congress again so I guess they figure they can get away with anything.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:03 am

MangoMan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:42 am
vnatale wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 am
vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am

So are you rethinking your vote?
Definitely not! I'm both a Never Trump and Never Biden!

Was going to vote Libertarian but reading some things here has made me question that. Definitely NOT Green Party. Maybe, then, a write-in for one of the four Democratic candidates I would have voted for. My conscience will do fine if I do that.

Vinny
A better question is would you consider voting for Trump if you lived in a swing state where your vote really mattered. You can be never T or B, but one of them is going to win, so you may as well pick the one you hate less. :P
No. I could NEVER vote for either. Leave it in the hands of those who put us in this quandary.

I post tons of anti-Trump things on Facebook. When I post a few anti-Biden things I get pilloried by those who accuse me of being for Trump. I tell them it's their fault for supporting a Democratic party that allowed Biden to be its nominee. Therefore, it would be all their fault that Trump won and I accept zero responsibility. They were all complicit in providing me with an almost equally unacceptable candidate.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 am

I have received a source from my Facebook post requesting one.

Vinny

Giuliani and the New York Post Are Pushing Russian Disinformation. It’s a Big Test for the Media.
With its new Biden story, Murdoch’s tabloid is a useful idiot for Vladimir Putin.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... RQoTmABV3Q
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:52 am

Due to a pinched nerve in my neck I've spent the last few days binge-watching "Animal Kingdom". If you aren't familiar with it, it's an excellent series on TNT about a mother who calls herself "Smurf" and her four sons who make up a crime family in San Diego. Kind of Breaking-Bad-ish if you enjoyed that show.

So with the story I just read about how the Bidens were expected to kick 50% up to Joe it's like life imitating art.

Have to believe the Trump campaign hasn't been sitting on all of this for a long time just waiting until closer to election time so it doesn't get dropped down the memory hole.

Next up: Biden's counter-attack?
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 am

Vinny

Giuliani and the New York Post Are Pushing Russian Disinformation. It’s a Big Test for the Media.
With its new Biden story, Murdoch’s tabloid is a useful idiot for Vladimir Putin.

Looks like the hit pieces are coming in for Giuliani:

- Motherjones has Giuliani has a Russian asset - Vinny's link above

- MSNBC has Giuliani as Rudy Giuliani is the boy who cried Ukraine (Running a con on the American people) - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing

- Yahoo has Giuliani as a racist's - Rudy Giuliani Accidentally Uploaded Video of Himself Being Racist - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rud ... 33353.html
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:41 pm

GT wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 pm
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

- MSNBC has Giuliani as Rudy Giuliani is the boy who cried Ukraine (Running a con on the American people) - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing

- Yahoo has Giuliani as a racist's - Rudy Giuliani Accidentally Uploaded Video of Himself Being Racist - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rud ... 33353.html
This is an example of the old saying, "If you're taking flak, you're over the target".
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:45 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:41 pm
GT wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 pm
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

This is an example of the old saying, "If you're taking flak, you're over the target".
I think you are right as the hits keep coming

- Daily News has Giuliani as a Russian Dope
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

- Huff Post has Giuliani as Ignore Giuliani - Rudy Giuliani’s Daughter Suggests You Ignore Her Dad And Vote For Joe Bidenhttps://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-da ... eccffea28d

I don't really care about Giuliani just amazed at how quickly the hit pieces can come out claiming dubious sources against the Biden's versus the Russian dossier on Trump that people had to endure on MSM for years -
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 am

Newsweek

Blocking NY Post Hunter Biden Story Was 'Wrong', Twitter CEO Says

In the wake of significant backlash over Twitter's suppression of a New York Post story about Hunter Biden, the CEO, Jack Dorsey, called the company's response "wrong."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:06 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 am

Newsweek

Blocking NY Post Hunter Biden Story Was 'Wrong', Twitter CEO Says

In the wake of significant backlash over Twitter's suppression of a New York Post story about Hunter Biden, the CEO, Jack Dorsey, called the company's response "wrong."
Sounds like he's saying that the blocking is okay, as long as they provide "more context".