Eight more years?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Eight more years?

Post by pp4me » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:12 pm

The only negotiating table the Antifa/BLM rioters should be sitting at with the government is the one where their lawyers are plea bargaining for lighter sentences.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 pm

That's what the British said about our founding fathers as well. History is full of pissed off people in the street lashing out. I wish they would avoid targeting small folk....unfortunately a lot of dumbasses wrapped up in the movement
Last edited by doodle on Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:34 pm

Oppression? They might have some understanding Again, the targeting of small civilian business is bad move...
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:36 pm

Unfortunately the movement is lacking brains....although people have a right be fed up they need clear messaging and organization....same issue led to downfall of occupy wall street
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Also MangoMan, I think your version of events leading up to revolutionary war is a bit too sanitized....tarring and feathering, destruction of private property, mobs in streets. I don't think founding fathers would be too surprised that citizens are up in arms in streets that modern aristocracy has made a sham out of our democracy.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm

There's absolutely no way the Founding Fathers would have been sympathetic to BLM/Antifa, seeing as how they were all racist Nazis. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:30 pm

pp4me wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:12 pm
The only negotiating table the Antifa/BLM rioters should be sitting at with the government is the one where their lawyers are plea bargaining for lighter sentences.
Exactly.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:22 am

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:03 pm
doodle wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:43 pm
Also MangoMan, I think your version of events leading up to revolutionary war is a bit too sanitized....tarring and feathering, destruction of private property, mobs in streets. I don't think founding fathers would be too surprised that citizens are up in arms in streets that modern aristocracy has made a sham out of our democracy.
No, you got it right several posts up. How does ruining the lives of small business owners (including black ones) further the cause of blacks?
It doesn't, it's stupid. But how does that negate the legitimacy of their complaints? You confusing the messenger with the message.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Back to the choice of music / songs played at Trump's rallies.

The first time I heard this song being played I told myself, "This is NOT a song I'd play at a Trump rally."

Lately I've been hearing this being the first song played after Trump concludes speaking. (Just heard it again after listening to his recent Reno, Nevada rally.)

Reading the below....definitely seems like a song directed at the Trump crowd.....if you don't know what you are doing when you chose songs to play!

Vinny

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y.M.C.A._(song)

Taken at face value, the song's lyrics extol the virtues of the Young Men's Christian Association. However, in the gay culture from which the Village People stemmed, the song was implicitly understood as celebrating YMCA's reputation as a popular cruising and hookup spot, particularly for the younger men to whom it was addressed.[14] The initial goal of Village People producers Morali and Belolo was to attract disco's gay audience by featuring popular gay fantasy in their music.[15] Although co-creator Morali was gay and the group was initially intended to target gay men, the group became more popular and more mainstream over time.[16]
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm

The Donald speaks to you Vinny. I'm just the messenger. I don't do interpretations :)

YMCA.png
YMCA.png (139.69 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 pm

See, most people, even including Trump supporters, just like a fun catchy tune and lyrics. They couldn't care less if some perverts also like the same song. And of course everybody knows the song is by and for perverts. Trump's DJ knows for sure that the song doesn't bother any supporters. So they play the song. Trump's supporters enjoy it. Plus he gets free publicity when the perverted liberals complain that he is stealing their music. It's a win-win. Trump knows all about win-wins.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:56 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 pm
And of course everybody knows the song is by and for perverts. Trump's DJ knows for sure that the song doesn't bother any supporters. So they play the song. Trump's supporters enjoy it. Plus he gets free publicity when the perverted liberals complain that he is stealing their music. It's a win-win. Trump knows all about win-wins.
This is why I don't do interpretations.
I never would have guessed that this is the real reason. 8)
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm
The Donald speaks to you Vinny. I'm just the messenger. I don't do interpretations :)

YMCA.png

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I will read the thread! I thought I was the ONLY one who noticed!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 pm

stuper1 wrote:
See, most people, even including Trump supporters, just like a fun catchy tune and lyrics. They couldn't care less if some perverts also like the same song. And of course everybody knows the song is by and for perverts. Trump's DJ knows for sure that the song doesn't bother any supporters. So they play the song. Trump's supporters enjoy it. Plus he gets free publicity when the perverted liberals complain that he is stealing their music. It's a win-win. Trump knows all about win-wins.
So when do I get to hear the Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil?

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.09 KiB) Viewed 3455 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:38 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (27.85 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Did you read the thread?

I just started reading them. At first I was going to say 2 out of 3 responders were ant-Trump. Then I was going to raise it to 75%. Then 80%. Now, as I keep reading I'd say 90%.

On his own Twitter account why are so (relatively) few of his supporters chiming in? That does NOT seem to bode well for the election given that these ARE responses under Trump's retweet.

Vinny
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:34 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:21 pm
Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Did you read the thread?
I'm not interested in the chatter at all, Vinny. I just thought it was funny that the President himself addressed your question.

I've said this before, but in case anyone missed it. I don't vote. I never vote. The ROI is too low. I arrange my life so that I can walk around any form of government that doesn't suit me.

Mark
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:34 pm
vnatale wrote:
Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Did you read the thread?
I'm not interested in the chatter at all, Vinny. I just thought it was funny that the President himself addressed your question.

I've said this before, but in case anyone missed it. I don't vote. I never vote. The ROI is too low. I arrange my life so that I can walk around any form of government that doesn't suit me.

Mark
I don't think I missed it. Just forgot it. But good find on your part. I liked doing the subsequent follow up.

Vinny
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:38 pm
Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Capture.JPG
You forgot one little detail:
Assuming all that is perfectly accurate, he got elected President of the USA with no prior political or military experience, a feat never previously accomplished by anyone.

I would say that makes him a marketing genius.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 pm
vnatale wrote:
Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Did you read the thread?

I just started reading them. At first I was going to say 2 out of 3 responders were ant-Trump. Then I was going to raise it to 75%. Then 80%. Now, as I keep reading I'd say 90%.

On his own Twitter account why are so (relatively) few of his supporters chiming in? That does NOT seem to bode well for the election given that these ARE responses under Trump's retweet.

Vinny
Twitter is primarily a left-wing echo chamber.
Yes, a lot of his supporters have signed up to read his tweets, but most of them don't comment.
Both fact? Or, your opinion?

On my Twitter list that I've created I get tons of tweets from Trump supporters who are not shy of stating their views.

Vinny
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 pm
stuper1 wrote:
So when do I get to hear the Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil?

Vinny
That would be at a Biden Rally,If you can find one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯