Apple News App - delete racial justice section?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Apple News App - delete racial justice section?

Post by WiseOne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Short answer to Vinny's question: Tim is a former liberal Democrat who has decided to throw his support to Trump and the Republican party because he is horrified and angry at the crazy s***t the Democrats are trying to pull. His anger appears genuine and is well justified in his "Timcasts".

Timcast is a must-see, and I wish more people had his integrity and clear-sightedness. It amazes me how successful the Democrats are in getting people to swallow their worldview. The big cities are all hunky-dory. Police are an unqualified evil. America is congenitally and irredeemably racist. Everything bad in the world is Trump's fault. COVID-19 is killing babies everywhere. At what point do you wake up and smell the coffee?
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 am

Hey dualstow, check your phone. On mine, the "Racial Justice" section no longer appears!

Since BLM support has now dropped and is not much higher than it was before the George Floyd murder, this isn't going to the Democratic wedge issue they were hoping for. Apple news has responded accordingly. I suppose that's to be expected, as they too are effectively part of the Biden campaign.

(p.s. isn't that kinda against the law? As in, if a media outlet is actively supporting a candidate with their slant and choice of news articles, shouldn't that be reported as a campaign contribution??)
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:04 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 am
Hey dualstow, check your phone. On mine, the "Racial Justice" section no longer appears!

Since BLM support has now dropped and is not much higher than it was before the George Floyd murder, this isn't going to the Democratic wedge issue they were hoping for. Apple news has responded accordingly. I suppose that's to be expected, as they too are effectively part of the Biden campaign.

(p.s. isn't that kinda against the law? As in, if a media outlet is actively supporting a candidate with their slant and choice of news articles, shouldn't that be reported as a campaign contribution??)
Of course it should be, which means that the executives at CNN and MSNBC, the Washington Post, the NY Times, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, and PBS should be in jail.

But given the corruption in the government, I'm not holding my breath.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 am

WiseOne wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 am
Still on the ipad, unfortunately. Racial justice. :-/
At least the internet speed here at my folks’ place is a blazing 145/133. I can download racial justice stories at the speed of light.
RIP Marcello Gandini
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 pm

At the moment, Racial Justice and COVID-19 categories are locked into Apple News.