Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Joe Biden is a lying POS

Post by technovelist » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:11 pm

In his acceptance speech at the DNC, he repeated the "very fine people" hoax:
Remember seeing those neo-Nazis and white supremacists, coming out of fields spewing the same antisemitic bile heard across Europe in the ’30s. Remember the violent clash that ensued between those spreading hate and those with the courage to stand against it. And remember what the president said when asked? He said there were, quote, very fine people on both sides. That was a wake up call for us as a country and for me a call to action.
(https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election ... ax-at-dnc/)

It's very easy to look it up and see that is not at all what he said. It's even in a story in politico:
TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

REPORTER: George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

TRUMP: Oh no, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down – excuse me. Are we going to take down, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay, good. Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/ ... ipt-241662

I don't see how anyone can still support Biden after he has fomented hate in this country by repeating this hoax, which is so easily disproven if you just look for the actual transcript.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Joe Biden is a lying POS

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:34 pm

People like to complain that Trump is divisive, but I don’t see how either Biden or Harris is any kind of improvement. In fact, they’re worse.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:34 pm
People like to complain that Trump is divisive, but I don’t see how either Biden or Harris is any kind of improvement. In fact, they’re worse.
Notice how they never explain exactly how Trump is divisive, other than by lies such as the "very fine people" hoax.
That's because he actually isn't divisive. He is very inclusive in his message: a more prosperous and safer America for all.
Now of course you can claim that he hasn't delivered that, or that he doesn't mean it, but that is his message.

What is the Democrats' message, other than "Orange Man Bad"? Does anyone know?
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 pm

technovelist wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 pm
Notice how they never explain exactly how Trump is divisive, other than by lies such as the "very fine people" hoax.
Other than the "very fine people" hoax, I get the impression that the accusations of divisiveness come from Trump's words and actions regarding illegal immigration and tough love toward the Chinese government.
technovelist wrote:
"Burn it all down and start over."
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:54 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 pm
technovelist wrote:
Other than the "very fine people" hoax, I get the impression that the accusations of divisiveness come from Trump's words and actions regarding illegal immigration and tough love toward the Chinese government.
Ok, but how is being against illegal immigration a divisive issue? That is, who exactly is it dividing from whom? Illegal immigration affects all legal residents negatively, and affects those in the lower economic strata more than those in the upper ones.

As for tough love toward the Chinese government, obviously that is foreign policy, not domestic.

In both of these cases, you can be against or for his policies, or indeed any government policy, but I don't see how these issues are any more divisive than any other policy disagreement.
Tortoise wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 pm
technovelist wrote:
"Burn it all down and start over."
Yes, that does seem to be their message. However, it isn't very popular among those whose cities are being burned down.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 pm

You’re right. Other presidents have also been tough on illegal immigration and foreign policy with various nations.

Ultimately, the one unique aspect of Trump that probably drives most of the accusations of divisiveness and hate is the fact that he’s the first U.S. president to mock the mainstream media and expose them as the lying enemy of the American people.

By doing that, he kicked a hornet’s nest. And the hornets have been trying to sting him ever since.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:14 am

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 pm
You’re right. Other presidents have also been tough on illegal immigration and foreign policy with various nations.

Ultimately, the one unique aspect of Trump that probably drives most of the accusations of divisiveness and hate is the fact that he’s the first U.S. president to mock the mainstream media and expose them as the lying enemy of the American people.

By doing that, he kicked a hornet’s nest. And the hornets have been trying to sting him ever since.
That's part of it. Another part is that he is exposing the Deep State, which enrages the warmongering neocons who infest the government.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (176.45 KiB) Viewed 169 times
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:40 am

Biden is now visiting Kenosha, where he is apparently to be greeted with open arms while Trump was told to stay away. The narratives just amaze me.

I very much do not like his statement that the officer who shot Blake should be charged & prosecuted. He has no right to say that. This is a decision that has to come from the DA's office after examination of all the evidence, including the parts that haven't been made public and that Biden therefore knows nothing about.

Same for the Breonna Taylor case. That was tragic, but the decision not to prosecute also isn't Biden's call. The officers were confronted with a shooter in the apartment. The problem in that case was the no-knock warrant, which is illegal in many states because of this exact scenario. Ironically it was a Republican (Rand Paul) who introduced a bill to outlaw those warrants as a result of the case. In comparison, the Democrats did nothing constructive. They are just using these cases to foment hate.
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:14 pm

“Everyone charged with a penal offense has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty". The democratic nominee for president and the liberal press have apparently never discovered this tenet.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Biden is just following in the steps of his predecessor.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/complete ... hachatrian
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 pm

Lonestar wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:14 pm
“Everyone charged with a penal offense has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty". The democratic nominee for president and the liberal press have apparently never discovered this tenet.
They have a new standard:

Anyone who supports Trump should be presumed guilty until proven innocent.
Anyone who hates Trump should be presumed innocent without trial.