Joe Biden is a lying POS

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Joe Biden is a lying POS

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:34 pm

People like to complain that Trump is divisive, but I don’t see how either Biden or Harris is any kind of improvement. In fact, they’re worse.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 pm
Notice how they never explain exactly how Trump is divisive, other than by lies such as the "very fine people" hoax.
Other than the "very fine people" hoax, I get the impression that the accusations of divisiveness come from Trump's words and actions regarding illegal immigration and tough love toward the Chinese government.
Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 pm
What is the Democrats' message, other than "Orange Man Bad"? Does anyone know?
"Burn it all down and start over."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 pm

You’re right. Other presidents have also been tough on illegal immigration and foreign policy with various nations.

Ultimately, the one unique aspect of Trump that probably drives most of the accusations of divisiveness and hate is the fact that he’s the first U.S. president to mock the mainstream media and expose them as the lying enemy of the American people.

By doing that, he kicked a hornet’s nest. And the hornets have been trying to sting him ever since.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (176.45 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:40 am

Biden is now visiting Kenosha, where he is apparently to be greeted with open arms while Trump was told to stay away. The narratives just amaze me.

I very much do not like his statement that the officer who shot Blake should be charged & prosecuted. He has no right to say that. This is a decision that has to come from the DA's office after examination of all the evidence, including the parts that haven't been made public and that Biden therefore knows nothing about.

Same for the Breonna Taylor case. That was tragic, but the decision not to prosecute also isn't Biden's call. The officers were confronted with a shooter in the apartment. The problem in that case was the no-knock warrant, which is illegal in many states because of this exact scenario. Ironically it was a Republican (Rand Paul) who introduced a bill to outlaw those warrants as a result of the case. In comparison, the Democrats did nothing constructive. They are just using these cases to foment hate.
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:14 pm

“Everyone charged with a penal offense has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty". The democratic nominee for president and the liberal press have apparently never discovered this tenet.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Biden is just following in the steps of his predecessor.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/complete ... hachatrian
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 pm
Lonestar wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:14 pm
“Everyone charged with a penal offense has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty". The democratic nominee for president and the liberal press have apparently never discovered this tenet.
They have a new standard:

Anyone who supports Trump should be presumed guilty until proven innocent.
Anyone who hates Trump should be presumed innocent without trial.
Can anyone get a fair trial after a president or presidential candidate has already convicted them without any evidence being presented? We have several police related incidents over the past few months that have caused protests. Most of the protest were violent. In each of these police related incidents the only facts we know so far is that the suspects were non-compliant with the police, and there were apparently drugs involved. It seems that until we have more facts, it's very premature to find either party guilty, especially by a politician.