dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by dualstow » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:01 am

WiseOne wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:54 am
Hey all,

I'm mostly out for the count due to my mother having a new health problem, and family coming into town.

Hoping for the best, WiseOne, and i’m glad you don’t have to travel to see your mom. 🤞
RIP Marcello Gandini
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:08 am

My very best wishes to you and your family, WiseOne.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:03 am

Maddy wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:11 pm
When do YOU think the hysteria is going to end? When the election is over? When the unemployment benefits stop and people actually get hungry? When somebody claims to have a vaccine? When a true disaster puts this all in perspective? When a news flash comes out that reveals the extent of the corruption behind the hoax?
This is what scares me. There is no endpoint other than zero COVID cases anywhere in the world, which will never happen in our lifetimes.

The cognitive dissonance continues to amaze me. I know people who have been rabid anti-vaxxers, for example refusing to give their kids the MMR vaccine. These same people are now terrified of COVID to extent of wanting schools and businesses kept closed, mask wearing at all times etc. Yet, measles alone is far more dangerous than COVID, especially to kids. I distinctly remember my brother saying "what's wrong with getting measles? I'd rather have my kid get measles than the vaccine, she'll be sick for a bit and then she'll get over it, what's the big deal?". Even reports of nearby measles outbreaks didn't faze him. Now he says how scared he is of COVID and how he wants to avoid being exposed to it at all costs.

A few numbers to put things in perspective:

Number of US pediatric flu deaths in 2018-2019: 179
Number of US pediatric COVID deaths through August 26, per CDC website: 57 (age < 14)
Number of annual US pediatric measles deaths in the pre-vaccine era: 400-500 (and that was with a much smaller & healthier population than we have currently)

Sure, 57 pediatric deaths is a tragedy. But, there have been tragedies like that for a long time without the need to bring society to a screeching halt. Some schools have been closed for a short time during recent measles outbreaks, but there's this interesting NJ state government guideline that says "The NJ Dept of Health generally does not recommend school closure for outbreaks of infections diseases." Hm.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:40 pm

WiseOne,

I'm fascinated that your sister, the ER doc, is still caught up in the hysteria, notwithstanding (1) the low mortality statistics in comparison to the seasonal flu and other illnesses that we consider just a part of life, (2) the staggering amount of misrepresentation and flat-out fraud that has been documented in relation to the reported statistics, (3) the ridiculously high incidence of "false positives" that are being generated by the available tests (not to mention the growing anecdotal evidence of people who have received "positive" test results but who in fact were never tested), (4) the fact that approximately half of the people who have died from CoVid were in nursing homes, a large proportion of whom were victims of an intentional "seeding" long-term care facilities by order of the governors in four different democrat-run states, (5) the fact that nearly all of CoVid deaths have involved people with advanced age and/or significant comorbidities, (6) the existence of some very strange and inexplicable coincidences surrounding Anthony Fauci's and Bill Gates' involvement in CoVid gain-of-function research (including their patenting of gene sequences), their involvement in CoVid pandemic simulations only months before the outbreak, and their preexisting financial interest in experimental CoVid vaccines, and (7) the fact that an inexpensive, innocuous, and time-tested drug that has been found by many independent physicians to be an effective treatment for CoVid 19 has been the focus of unrelenting attack by politicians and bureaucrats who, in some cases, have gone so far as to outlaw its use by prescribing physicians. With all this staring us in the face, and with more being revealed every day, I'd be fascinated to know what your sister is saying at the dinner table and what particular evidence she is relying upon.

Wait, I forgot--she won't eat dinner inside.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:01 pm

The end game? If Bill Gates and DARPA have its way, it's only the beginning.

https://steemit.com/covid/@munkle/perma ... a-approval
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Maddy wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:01 pm

I admit, Maddy, that I am huge Andy Grove acolyte. "Only the paranoid survive". Honestly, though, this will never gain any traction. I think the article may be stretching the facts a bit.

But even if it is dead on to rights, it isn't going to happen. Really.
There are enough people (more than 75% of the US) who will not support this.

Could it happen in my lifetime? Maybe. Keep your eyes open. But I wouldn't bet on it. DARPA does a lot of weird shit that never sees the light of day. A lot of folks (ahem) have used DARPA as an ATM for projects that never see the light of day.

I do appreciate your perspective. A lot to agree with there.

Mark
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Some good news that local news sites are reporting. Cdc reports less than 10,000 us deaths where there was no other cause of death.

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/c ... onditions/
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:59 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:17 pm
Maddy wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:01 pm

I admit, Maddy, that I am huge Andy Grove acolyte. "Only the paranoid survive". Honestly, though, this will never gain any traction. I think the article may be stretching the facts a bit.

But even if it is dead on to rights, it isn't going to happen. Really.
There are enough people (more than 75% of the US) who will not support this.

Could it happen in my lifetime? Maybe. Keep your eyes open. But I wouldn't bet on it. DARPA does a lot of weird shit that never sees the light of day. A lot of folks (ahem) have used DARPA as an ATM for projects that never see the light of day.

I do appreciate your perspective. A lot to agree with there.

Mark
I, too, would have never thought this possible. But who would have thought that the governors in a majority of states could take away our basic liberties to the extent they have, and that there would be virtually no push-back? I'm still having a hard time getting my mind around the fact that 95% of the population, even in this conservative small town, is buying the whole mask thing.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Maddy wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:59 pm
I'm still having a hard time getting my mind around the fact that 95% of the population, even in this conservative small town, is buying the whole mask thing.
True that. I struggle with that every day. It is very "police state". And there is no other way to describe it. For or against, it is still police state.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:14 am

In my area of North Dallas we are living in a very stratified society right now. Its a weird universe where some people are living as normal and others are living as in a SciFi movie.

As I went out to eat yesterday, I passed multiple parks and school fields where little league baseball and youth football were going on. There were tons of parents/spectators. No one was distancing nor wearing a mask. But then at the restaurant I witnessed a couple who spent their entire meal with gloves and masks on and there was nobody else anywhere near their booth. They pulled down their mask to take a bite of food or a drink of tea, and then quickly pulled them back up.

When I went to Ikea yesterday there was a line to get in. The reason for the line is that there was an employee at the door whose job was to only let one customer in at a time: let one in, then hold the next one until the count of 6 and then let the next one in, for distancing purposes. No thought of the fact that standing outside in a line forced everyone closer together than they would have been otherwise or that once inside we could do as we pleased. That was the quintessential example of doing something inconvenient and really useless, all for looks.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:09 am

I have a difficult time deciding whether we are mostly sheep, lemmings, or wolves. Probably all three as it always has been and probably always will be until the last day. >:D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:14 am

Has anyone already posted about the reinfection news? Hong Kong and the Netherlands.

Bill Gates has done more for humanity than most. Eradicating diseases and building toilets in India. God bless him.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:16 am

Here's the latest school/county (Cook) guidelines. I looked at other various counties, and some are high, some are low. How the rate will EVER get to <7 in Cook, without a vaccine, seems impossible. Goal posts moved again....

The DEATH rate of the flu in IL in 2018 was 16.3 per 100k. Who knows what the cases rate was. This is insane.
---------
Stage 1: Greater than 175 weekly cases per 100,000 people
Stage 2: Between 70 – 174 weekly cases per 100,000 people
Stage 3: Between 7 – 69 weekly cases per 100,000 people
Stage 4: Fewer than 7 weekly cases per 100,000 people

We have updated our stages and descriptions of the type of instruction that will take place based on these metrics.

Stage 1: Fully Remote with only off-site, in-person programming occurring
Students will participate via remote instruction with a limited number of students invited to participate via in-person instruction in an off-campus class or program such as Practical Architectural Construction.

Stage 2: Partially Remote with hybrid on-site programming for our Specialized Populations and Programs
Students will participate primarily via remote instruction, with a limited number of students in specialized populations (e.g. special education) and programs invited into the building. Those in the building would have either in-person instruction with their assigned teacher or case manager or be in a small learning pod, participating in remote instruction but remaining with the same group while in the building.

Stage 3: Partially Flexible In-Person/Remote Learning Plan
Students will participate via remote instruction or in-person instruction depending on the day or week. Students will be invited to rotate into the building and parents will continue to have the choice to send their students for in-person instruction or continue to participate via remote instruction. Classroom capacity restrictions will be in effect.

Stage 4: Fully Flexible In-Person/Remote Learning Plan
Students will participate via in-person instruction or remote instruction. Students will have the option for open campus. Parents will continue to have the ability to choose on a day-to-day basis.

Current case rate

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:48 am

Cortopassi, those stages in your county look similar to California’s new color-coded tiers.

I don’t think it’s dawned on most people yet that the false positive rate of most SARS-CoV-2 tests is higher than the thresholds of the least-restrictive stages, meaning it’s mathematically impossible to make it to those stages. 😂
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:17 am

Without Tyranny.
You always have a choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE518ans5dM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... li=BBnbfcL

Your coronavirus test is positive. Maybe it shouldn't be.
The gist of this is that by reducing test results to positive or negative, we are including a huge number of people who don't have enough viral load to be of any threat. Possibly 90% of positives fall into that group.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:23 am

Melbourne makes it onto Armstrong Economics :o

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... australia/
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:28 am

dualstow wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:14 am

Bill Gates has done more for humanity than most. Eradicating diseases and building toilets in India. God bless him.
IMHO, Bill Gates is just another economic hitman. His philanthropy comes with strings attached. Or maybe I should say "chains attached."

Here he is, declaring that "You don't have a choice." Normalcy will return, he says, only after the entire worldwide population is vaccinated. https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... for-power/ Those aren't the words of a humanitarian, but of a megalomaniac who, like many high-functioning autistics, views other people are mere props in his play.

I'm always fascinated by his overtly autistic traits. Watch the wildly uncoordinated, almost spastic, body movements that occur while he speaks. He has no idea where his body parts are in space. He is unable to control his emotions or to even modulate his voice.

The scary thing about all this is that while isolated parts of his brain are on overdrive, he appears to be lacking in the normal wiring that makes us essentially "human." Which is why, I imagine, he lives in a world of algorithms, seemingly unable to assimilate information that entails the unpredictability of emotional intelligence, value judgments, or the incorporation of paradigms other than his own. And which is why, I imagine, he embraces a new world order where people interface with the world and with other people through "devices," and where ultimately people are fully merged with computers. In fact, but for the computer revolution, which finally gave only marginally functional people like Bill Gates an opportunity to succeed at something, he would probably be in a state hospital.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:55 pm

Massachusetts' government has put barriers in place for learning pods to make sure they don't compete too much with the teachers' unions:
Learning pods, or groups convened by up to five families, will be able to operate without licenses, as long as a parent is on-site at all times. Payments are not allowed, and exchanges of funds are limited to compensation for food and materials.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/28/ ... e-schools/
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:55 pm
Massachusetts' government has put barriers in place for learning pods to make sure they don't compete too much with the teachers' unions:
Learning pods, or groups convened by up to five families, will be able to operate without licenses, as long as a parent is on-site at all times. Payments are not allowed, and exchanges of funds are limited to compensation for food and materials.
Wow... That's pretty terrifying. Here in Texas that could not happen, at least not without major changes: private schools require no licensing. Sounds kind of dystopian to require such a thing to me.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Xan wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:34 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Wow... That's pretty terrifying. Here in Texas that could not happen, at least not without major changes: private schools require no licensing. Sounds kind of dystopian to require such a thing to me.
It could be worse:

https://www.dw.com/en/european-court-ru ... a-47021333
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:53 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:43 pm
Xan wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
It could be worse:

https://www.dw.com/en/european-court-ru ... a-47021333
Okay, wow, that is utterly unbelievably awful.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:40 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:54 pm
Xan wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
Welcome to life in a Blue State. Coming soon to TX with the influx of liberal Californians fleeing the mess they created there. :P
I actually don't know anyone who is leaving Massachusetts!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:40 pm
I actually don't know anyone who is leaving Massachusetts!
That may not be terribly representative as you haven't left your house for 8 months. ;-)
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Evidence we are living in The Twilight Zone. :o

Russia calling Australia a Nazi State.

https://www.rt.com/news/499668-australi ... -lockdown/
Simonjester wrote: scratch Australia off the list of cool country's,
it was on my "places i would like to visit" list, with the direction they have chosen to go in, it may be a while before it gets back on..
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO