Moderator: Global Moderator

WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Jeff Bezos is Now Worth 200 Billion

Post by WiseOne » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:17 am

doodle wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:42 pm
Ending the issue of illegal immigration would be a lot easier if Trump would set his sites on hitting employers with stiff fines and or jail sentences. Any idea why he hasn't done this and continues to focus his efforts on the poor employees?
Really good question and I've wondered the same thing. Specifically, why isn't E-verify mandatory for all employers of any size. It was a key 2016 campaign promise.

This is how enforcement of immigration laws is done in other countries, e.g. the UK and European Union. You'll still get illegal immigrants hanging around on street corners looking for odd jobs to do for cash under the table, but that won't be enough for them to live here on a long-term basis, let alone raise a family here.

Ending welfare might help, but it won't be enough by itself. Illegals will still show up in ERs, and blue cities will continue to give them benefits like food stamps and housing. And the major draw for them will still be the ability to get high paying jobs (compared to what they could get in their home countries).
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Jeff Bezos is Now Worth 200 Billion

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 pm

Jeff Bezos thought there was a ’30% chance’ Amazon would succeed: I told my parents ‘it’s very likely they’ll lose their entire investment’

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/03/jeff-be ... ter%7Cmain
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."