Gun Poll

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Please select the category that applies to you

I am not currently a gun owner.
38%
I am currently a gun owner and was already a gun owner even before the BLM/Antifa riots.
58%
I became a first-time gun owner this year because of the BLM/Antifa riots.
4%

Total votes: 24
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Gun Poll

Post by pp4me » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:30 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:23 pm
Maddy wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:06 pm
There really ought to be a fourth option for answering this poll: "I'm not gonna say."
+1
Another one might be "I don't but I WILL if BLM protesters start coming near my neighborhood".
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Maddy wrote:
There really ought to be a fourth option for answering this poll: "I'm not gonna say."
+1
Both of you do realize this is an anonymous poll, right? :)
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 pm

pp4me wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:30 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Maddy wrote:
+1
Another one might be "I don't but I WILL if BLM protesters start coming near my neighborhood".
Too late, then. You can get a servicable weapon and ammo for a few hundred bucks, why wait? Well, maybe the ammo is more expensive now, but that's the price you pay for waiting.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:48 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 pm
pp4me wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:30 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Maddy wrote:
+1
Too late, then. You can get a servicable weapon and ammo for a few hundred bucks, why wait? Well, maybe the ammo is more expensive now, but that's the price you pay for waiting.
I developed an extreme distaste for guns in my youth but I will overcome it if I have to.
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:49 am
Tortoise wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:43 am
vnatale wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:37 am
By the way, someone I know who is highly knowledgeable about guns told me that Glocks are illegal to own in Massachusetts. I forgot what is the reason.
The bureaucrats in Massachusetts have probably forgotten the reason, too. ::)
I found this:

Attorney General Maura Healey's investigation into Glock guns gets green light to continue
Updated Jan 07, 2019; Posted Nov 07, 2016

https://www.masslive.com/politics/2016/ ... y_con.html

Glock does not sell pistols directly to Massachusetts consumers because the guns do not conform with Massachusetts' safety requirements. But the company does sell to law enforcement and to wholesalers. State data relating to gun sales and private transfers found that there were 10,800 Glock handguns sold in Massachusetts between Jan. 1, 2014 and Aug. 13, 2015.

Vinny
The statement regarding Glock not selling directly to MA consumers is somewhat misleading. Glock does not sell directly to any consumer! Only to distributors and LE agencies.

The media would have you believe that one can order handguns and rifles online, and have them show up in your mailbox. Not so. Even private transfers that are shipped must go through FFL dealers.

As stated before, you can order a gun from an online dealer but it must be shipped directly to an FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Then, following your state's specific laws and filling out an BATF form 4473, and passing a NICS background check, the FFL will pass the firearm along to you. It's no different than walking into a gun store and making a purchase. Same restrictions.

I have listened to so many irresponsible and erroneous comments from the anti-gun media that apparently are nothing more than a feeble attempt to make the public think anybody can purchase a gun online with absolutely no regulation. NO WAY!
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 am

I feel like I posted this several weeks ago in another thread. But, I have several friends and acquaintances who are now first time gun owners. This started before George Floyd. A Covid thing I think. It's hard to keep all of the 2020 fun times straight in my mind.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:51 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 am
I feel like I posted this several weeks ago in another thread. But, I have several friends and acquaintances who are now first time gun owners. This started before George Floyd. A Covid thing I think. It's hard to keep all of the 2020 fun times straight in my mind.
I posted in another thread about the small town next to mine where the city council decided to put up a BLM sign in front of city hall and how people were already at each other's throats about it on Nextdoor. I rode my bike through the city the other day and now there are signs all along the beach that say "Black Lives Matter and Justice for all". I suppose there might actually be a black person living there but I've never seen one.

Any way, a friend of mine who lives there decided to buy a gun and I'm guessing he's not the only one. So I guess you would have to say that BLM signs are at least good for gun sales.