Dave Portnoy interviews Donald Trump

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Dave Portnoy interviews Donald Trump

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:59 am

Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports fame recently interviewed Donald Trump. Keeping in mind that Portnoy is a sports and entertainment guy, it's a pretty good interview. Rather than try to play "gotcha" or score cheap political points, he lets Trump talk. Trump should probably do more of these with people closer to average* in addition to the ones with the typical preening political journalists. His recent interview with Dr. Marc Siegel on FOX was also decent.

Of note, he acknowledged that his tweeting often gets him in trouble, especially the retweets.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/video/26 ... hite-house

*Portnoy is very wealthy as a result of his success with Barstool Sports (so not average in that respect) but his style and approach are much more in line with average people.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Dave Portnoy interviews Donald Trump

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:49 am

HAH! He referenced Da Ali G Show and how Trump figured out it was a fake interview. I didn't even remember he was on that, I must have seen it back in 2004 or 2005.

I like that Dave Portnoy asks questions that I would ask ("what's up with that power handshake?" "Do you like using Twitter? You ever wake and and go 'man I wish I didn't put that one out'?"), Trump kind of re-directs them into whatever he wants to talk about, but I like that Dave tries.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.