Coronavirus General Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Maddy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Here is an article that succinctly describes what is currently being sold to the American public as a "vaccine"--and that is already the subject of approximately $2 billion in government contracts. Note that this is not a "vaccine" in the ordinary sense of the word, but is rather an experimental gene-editing technology that modifies a person's genetic code permanently, and in a way that is passed down to one's children. This is the "vaccine" envisioned by Bill Gates--a college drop-out with no medical or scientific training whatsoever--as being mandatory for every person on earth by the end of the year. I presume that it is also the experimental "vaccine" that is at this moment being injected into poor African children together with a "digital ID" intended to be used as an "immunity passport" and as a "credit card."
Operation Warp Speed is underway in the United States as the federal government moves forward with approximately $2 billion in contracts with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to produce and deliver up to 300 million experimental vaccine doses by January 2021.
Big Pharma has over 170 covid-19 vaccines in development, but Bill Gates and Dr. Anthony Fauci are pushing an experimental RNA technology to the front of the line. This technology, delivered via injection, is a type of genetic engineering called germ line editing. Bill Gates has been pushing this technology for over a decade and has the financial resources in place to carry out these genetic alterations on populations around the world. The technology inserts coronavirus genetic code into each person, forever changing genetics and cellular processes in their body. The coronavirus RNA reprograms human cells to produce spike proteins, forcing the immune system to fight properties of a virus that are being artificially manufactured by the body’s own cells. The effects of this technology are trans-generational; the cellular manipulation can be passed down to future generations. Leading ethicists and scientists called for an end to this kind of trans-generational human genome editing in a January 2020 Geneva Statement.

January 2020 was also the time when Dr. Fauci and the NIH moved forward with licensure of this controversial technology to be used in Moderna’s experimental RNA coronavirus vaccine. (The NIH owns half of Moderna’s vaccine and stands to profit.) Even though Moderna has never brought a product to market, their latest controversial technology has been irresponsibly pushed through clinical trials, bypassing animal studies that are critically important to understand toxicity, histopathology, and disease processes. (Previous attempts to manufacture a coronavirus vaccine for SARS resulted in animal fatalities after injection and upon subsequent infection.)

In the first round of hasty human trials approved by Dr. Fauci, Moderna’s results were embellished by the pharmaceutical-controlled media, despite the injection causing complications and hospitalizations in 20 percent of the participants in the high dose group. It has also proven to cause side effects in half of study participants and its effectiveness wanes in 2 to 3 months.
Despite the apparent risks, Moderna was given the green light to continue pushing their experiment forward. Moderna even received $483 million in federal funds from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to warp speed the process along. Bill Gates wants to make the technology mandatory for the world’s population. He even said that anyone who refuses the injection is making the science less effective, putting everyone at risk.
https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-07-23- ... tions.html
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Maddy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:12 pm
Here is an article that succinctly describes what is currently being sold to the American public as a "vaccine"--and that is already the subject of approximately $2 billion in government contracts. Note that this is not a "vaccine" in the ordinary sense of the word, but is rather an experimental gene-editing technology that modifies a person's genetic code permanently, and in a way that is passed down to one's children. This is the "vaccine" envisioned by Bill Gates--a college drop-out with no medical or scientific training whatsoever--as being mandatory for every person on earth by the end of the year. I presume that it is also the experimental "vaccine" that is at this moment being injected into poor African children together with a "digital ID" intended to be used as an "immunity passport" and as a "credit card."
Operation Warp Speed is underway in the United States as the federal government moves forward with approximately $2 billion in contracts with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to produce and deliver up to 300 million experimental vaccine doses by January 2021.
Big Pharma has over 170 covid-19 vaccines in development, but Bill Gates and Dr. Anthony Fauci are pushing an experimental RNA technology to the front of the line. This technology, delivered via injection, is a type of genetic engineering called germ line editing. Bill Gates has been pushing this technology for over a decade and has the financial resources in place to carry out these genetic alterations on populations around the world. The technology inserts coronavirus genetic code into each person, forever changing genetics and cellular processes in their body. The coronavirus RNA reprograms human cells to produce spike proteins, forcing the immune system to fight properties of a virus that are being artificially manufactured by the body’s own cells. The effects of this technology are trans-generational; the cellular manipulation can be passed down to future generations. Leading ethicists and scientists called for an end to this kind of trans-generational human genome editing in a January 2020 Geneva Statement.

January 2020 was also the time when Dr. Fauci and the NIH moved forward with licensure of this controversial technology to be used in Moderna’s experimental RNA coronavirus vaccine. (The NIH owns half of Moderna’s vaccine and stands to profit.) Even though Moderna has never brought a product to market, their latest controversial technology has been irresponsibly pushed through clinical trials, bypassing animal studies that are critically important to understand toxicity, histopathology, and disease processes. (Previous attempts to manufacture a coronavirus vaccine for SARS resulted in animal fatalities after injection and upon subsequent infection.)

In the first round of hasty human trials approved by Dr. Fauci, Moderna’s results were embellished by the pharmaceutical-controlled media, despite the injection causing complications and hospitalizations in 20 percent of the participants in the high dose group. It has also proven to cause side effects in half of study participants and its effectiveness wanes in 2 to 3 months.
Despite the apparent risks, Moderna was given the green light to continue pushing their experiment forward. Moderna even received $483 million in federal funds from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to warp speed the process along. Bill Gates wants to make the technology mandatory for the world’s population. He even said that anyone who refuses the injection is making the science less effective, putting everyone at risk.
Do you have any citations on this Moderna development resulting in modifications to human DNA? I looked but couldn't find anything.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:37 pm

No, but it's something I intend to delve into when I have a little more time. I have looked at a couple of technical articles regarding mRNA vaccines and have perceived them to be generally consistent with what's being described here, albeit in a depth that goes beyond my limited recollection of college-level genetics. With respect to the biology, I'm not passing this off as anything more than a layperson's primer on the subject. I'd welcome any insights from the more scientifically oriented members of this forum.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Here in flyover country (Indiana) the governor has issued a statewide mask mandate. Failure to wear a mask is a class B misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. But the guv says don't worry, there won't be a "mask patrol" or anything so it's unclear how they plan to enforce it.

Just to spice things up, the Attorney General says that the Governor does not have the authority to issue a mask mandate. On what I'm sure is a completely unrelated note, the Governor recently played a role in "primarying" the AG after previously calling on him to resign over allegations that he drunkenly groped a state lawmaker and three other women. (It wasn't an actual primary it was an internal party thing but whatever)

In other news, the Indy 500 is still scheduled to be run August 23rd. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway anticipates a crowd at 25% of capacity or about 60,000 fans, which could still be the world's largest event of the COVID-19 era. They have released an extensive 88-page plan to ensure health and safety. 60k sounds like a lot and it is, but keep in mind that the Speedway is a truly massive facility. It will look quite empty.

However, the positive case count is increasing rapidly here and Indianapolis is taking steps to lock down again (bars and restaurants in particular) so who knows what will happen.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:44 pm

This is beyond belief. The new DC mask mandate exempts lawmakers and government employees.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... employees/

Still think this is about a virus?
Last edited by Maddy on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:02 pm

Maddy wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 pm
Well, for one, I read the governor's order. It laid out a number of exemptions, and I went to work doing what 30 years of legal work taught me to do. I figured out how those exemptions applied to me. I carry a copy of the governor's order delineating the exemptions (you'd be surprised how many store employees and managers have never read it) and a summary of the ADA and the parallel state statute laying out the penalties for noncompliance. They start at $75,000 for the first offense.
Boy... I relate to this.
I used to carry around a letter from the governor that said there were no laws against walking into a store or restaurant barefoot.

But I've mellowed in my old age. Now, I go through life as a voyeur. Disguised. Hoping that the locals don't recognize that I am not one of them. In Portland I walk barefoot. In NYC I wear a blazer and jeans. I can talk tractors or eco power or hegemonies. And I smile and ask about the grandkids.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Nearly A Third Of Americans Believe Covid-19 Death Toll Conspiracy Theory

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... af528240ab
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Maddy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:44 pm
This is beyond belief. The new DC mask mandate exempts lawmakers and government employees.

How will they tell the peons from the masters otherwise?
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:01 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as-us- ... &ocid=iehp

Everybody ready to do it all over again??
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 am

Simonjester wrote:
Maddy wrote:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/ ... s-winning/
This is further evidence that if the Democrats win in November, the Republic is finished.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 am

It's so strangely enticing, and depressing to focus on the negative.

But here's my reality:

--Band camp has started for my younger daughter.
--School will be in person as an option, which she will be doing.
--Notre Dame will be in person starting Aug 10.
--I can go into any store or restaurant and get what I normally did, with some exceptions of dining in and of course needing to wear a mask.
--I have not missed a day of work, in the office, since this started.
--Our business continues to do well.
--No one in my extended family has gotten it.

I'll focus on those things. I hope many of you have similar good situations.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 am
It's so strangely enticing, and depressing to focus on the negative.

But here's my reality:

--Band camp has started for my younger daughter.
--School will be in person as an option, which she will be doing.
--Notre Dame will be in person starting Aug 10.
--I can go into any store or restaurant and get what I normally did, with some exceptions of dining in and of course needing to wear a mask.
--I have not missed a day of work, in the office, since this started.
--Our business continues to do well.
--No one in my extended family has gotten it.

I'll focus on those things. I hope many of you have similar good situations.
Since I am far more productive working at home than my office, I've also not missed any work.

On the other hand, my basketball season which was to stop at the end of May, stopped mid-March. And, none of the three softball teams I played on last summer are playing this year. Finally, have not seen any live music since February and have missed all the regular music events I normally go to each summer (due to them all being cancelled).

On that note, there is going to be live outdoor music tonight. I'm at about 35% to go. I know the (excellent) guitarist in the band.

He's one of those great American stories. I met him 45 years ago just when he was graduating high school. Came from a quite poor family. He never got any formal education after that but somehow through his business career he was able to become the CEO of this company -- https://www.pelican.com/us/en/shop/, remaining in that position until the business was sold.

It's one of the largest employers in the area (about 400 employees) and they sell a lot of military grade materials to our military.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:13 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 am
Simonjester wrote:
Maddy wrote:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/ ... s-winning/
This is further evidence that if the Democrats win in November, the Republic is finished.
Tech, in your opinion, if Trump wins in Nov, are you thinking that BLM, the AOC squad, Antifa, and similar groups will just fizzle out? Or are we just putting off 'ending the Republic' for another 4 years? Or something else?
Here's my opinion of what will happen if Trump wins in November.

The Democrat party will fracture after a bitter fight.

There are two basic outcomes of such a battle:

1. The moderates take the party back from the far leftists, who might join the CPUSA, where they would fit in perfectly. The moderates will then try to remake the Democrat party into something that normal people could vote for, so that they can win elections in the future.

2. If the far leftists win that battle, then many of the moderate Democrats will become independents or Republicans, which will doom the Democrat party to a lengthy period of minority status.

In either of these cases, conservatives and libertarians will still have a lot of work to do to regain control of academia and the media, but I think we are now awakened to the danger in letting those institutions fall into the hands of Marxists, so that work will in fact proceed. I hope so, anyway.
If he wins the electoral college but loses the popular vote, how bad are the riots we will be facing?
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Maddy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:12 pm

The writers of this little piece are confused about the difference between DNA and messenger RNA. DNA is the genetic code in the germline that most of us think of first when we hear the word "gene". Messenger RNA is a system that translates DNA code into proteins. Think of it this way: DNA are the list of items that your grocery store stocks, but the store owner has to decide how much of each item to keep in stock. That's mRNA's job.

Using mRNA to create a vaccine is quite clever - it's much cleaner and target-able than the standard approach and it allows a vaccine to be developed quickly. Instead of injecting viral proteins or inactivated/attenuated virus to trigger an immune response, an mRNA vaccine injects RNA codes instructing cells to make copies of viral proteins. Your immune system then responds to the viral proteins just as it does to the standard type of vaccine. Once the mRNA is broken down, it's gone and viral proteins are no longer produced. Your DNA are not altered by this process.

As far as vaccine effectiveness, side effects etc...I'll be keeping an eye on those reports, since I would guess that the moment this is made available our hospital is going to make it a requirement.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:50 am

The media is capitalist and it gives people the outrage-porn they want. How do you "regain control" of that. If you want to wank to Trump you go to Brietbart.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:46 am

Soul-crushing daily routine has become the norm during these months of pandemic isolation, and a Toronto-area teen has managed to capture the feelings of that endless loop in just three minutes.

Liv McNeil, a 15-year-old student at Etobicoke School of the Arts, has astonished many with her short film called “Numb.”

The film comes from McNeil’s real-life experience of numbness related to online learning.

"There’s no structure, no friends to motivate me, I’m just in my room all day everyday."
https://youtu.be/iSkbd6hRkXo

As the father of a 15 year-old daughter I can confirm that this is what these kids are going through and it's heartbreaking.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:32 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:46 am
Soul-crushing daily routine has become the norm during these months of pandemic isolation, and a Toronto-area teen has managed to capture the feelings of that endless loop in just three minutes.

Liv McNeil, a 15-year-old student at Etobicoke School of the Arts, has astonished many with her short film called “Numb.”

The film comes from McNeil’s real-life experience of numbness related to online learning.

"There’s no structure, no friends to motivate me, I’m just in my room all day everyday."

As the father of a 15 year-old daughter I can confirm that this is what these kids are going through and it's heartbreaking.
On the other hand, I would have absolutely loved it. I hated hated classes, starting in 7th grade and all the way through 5 1/2 years of college. I never had a friend motivate me to learn or study. 98% of my learning came from diligently doing my homework. But that is primarily because my worst learning style is aural (which is what classes are 100%) while my best learning style is kinesthetic, which is what I was doing when I was doing my homework.

So, perhaps, there are many other kids out there with my learning style preferences who are now thriving without all the wasted time spent in classes where little learning was taking place for them.

Vinny
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:59 am

flyingpylon wrote:

I hear a lot of parents saying the same thing.

You always hear about reopenings painted as sacrificing the elderly for the sake of the economy, which by inference benefits only “the rich”. So how about sacrificing kids for the sake of elderly medically vulnerable population - when they can be well protected with targeted measures.

Yeah I know, the bar now is that everyone has to be 100% safe from covid. Forgetting that there are plenty of other illnesses out there that can have bad consequences. I still wonder if permanent lockdown measures are going to be the thing now. Like the TSA and taking off your shoes at airports are now widely accepted as permanent.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:03 am

vnatale wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:32 am
flyingpylon wrote:

On the other hand, I would have absolutely loved it. I hated hated classes, starting in 7th grade and all the way through 5 1/2 years of college. I never had a friend motivate me to learn or study. 98% of my learning came from diligently doing my homework. But that is primarily because my worst learning style is aural (which is what classes are 100%) while my best learning style is kinesthetic, which is what I was doing when I was doing my homework.

So, perhaps, there are many other kids out there with my learning style preferences who are now thriving without all the wasted time spent in classes where little learning was taking place for them.

Vinny
There are options for kids like that now. We have a 15 year-old boy in our neighborhood who takes online classes full-time. But I think it’s more because he became friends with kids his parents didn’t like and had some behavioral issues so they pulled him out of public school.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:53 am

WiseOne wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:59 am
I still wonder if permanent lockdown measures are going to be the thing now. Like the TSA and taking off your shoes at airports are now widely accepted as permanent.
One would think that people would eventually decide they want to live and not merely exist. But the longer this goes on I am not so sure that people don’t forget what it is like to experience concerts or sporting events with large crowds or seeing movies on a big screen. People may just become acclimated to sitting at home living in a bubble on their computers.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:40 pm

For those of you inclined to read such things...

Vinny

Fighting COVID-19: Integrated Micro- and
Nanosystems for Viral Infection Diagnostics

https://www.cell.com/matter/pdf/S2590-2 ... all%3Dtrue
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Private Schools Are Adapting to Lockdown Better Than the Public School Monopoly

A new survey finds parents are substantially more satisfied with private and charter schools’ responses to the pandemic than they were with those of traditional public schools.

https://reason.com/2020/07/17/private-s ... -monopoly/
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:46 pm

I'm no fan of the "Defund the Police" movement but if somebody wants to start a "Defund the Public Schools" movement I'm all in.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (72.84 KiB) Viewed 4416 times
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:47 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:28 pm
Private Schools Are Adapting to Lockdown Better Than the Public School Monopoly

A new survey finds parents are substantially more satisfied with private and charter schools’ responses to the pandemic than they were with those of traditional public schools.

https://reason.com/2020/07/17/private-s ... -monopoly/
Huh. Who would have guessed that private sector businesses would be more adaptive than public organizations dominated by extremely powerful public employee unions? You learn new things every day.