Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm

If even a few of these stories are true... OMFG.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bath.html
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump's Phone Calls w/ Foreign Leaders

Post by boglerdude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 am

Lib media distracting you from the fact that the Fed is breaking the law, funneling billions to their friends

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... rate-bonds

Trump will have us back on the gold standard by December.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:43 pm

Except that there's now several people (Bernstein, Fiona Hill, John Bolton) all saying the same thing?

Yeah this looks pretty bad. I still regard it as one of many factors to consider though. The damage that the Democrats could do if they took the White House still looks like it will be way worse than Trump making an ass out of himself to a bunch of world leaders.

Also - the article carefully doesn't mention the things that Trump probably said to them that I think are good, such as .... why the heck are we supporting you again?? About time someone asked where all those shovelfuls of foreign aid have been going all this time, and why.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Tech, is there anything Trump could do or not do in the next four months that could get you to not vote for him? Not saying you’d vote for Biden, but just sit out?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm
Tech, is there anything Trump could do or not do in the next four months that could get you to not vote for him? Not saying you’d vote for Biden, but just sit out?
I'm obviously not Tech, but to answer your question, I would not vote for Trump if I found out that he had died. ;)

(Sorry, just trying to lighten things up a bit.)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am
Cortopassi wrote:
I'm obviously not Tech, but to answer your question, I would not vote for Trump if I found out that he had died. ;)

Erm, are you sure? If he were to die right before the election, I'm guessing you'd still pull the lever for him over Biden. Not sure what would happen if he won... President Pence?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 am

Xan wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am
Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am
Cortopassi wrote:

Erm, are you sure? If he were to die right before the election, I'm guessing you'd still pull the lever for him over Biden. Not sure what would happen if he won... President Pence?
I'm not sure. I hear frequently about the Dems having dead people vote for live people (Chicago politics and such), but I'm not certain about a live person voting for a dead person. Something to ponder. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am

Here's what would make me vote Democratic instead of for Trump:

A new candidate in place of Biden who is a centrist/moderate Democrat.
That person explicitly repudiates most of the extreme Democratic positions on immigration, green new deal, BLM/reduced policing
The person makes a statement that racial justice does not have to mean putting up with crime, and that criminal enforcement will continue to be a priority especially in crime-prone communities
Open to a re-examination of welfare programs to see which ones actually benefit minorities as opposed to fostering dependency
Open to a redesign of the immigration system to prioritize people with something to contribute, e.g. using Canada or New Zealand as a model, and putting into place an asylum system that makes sense (e.g. Congress has to officially recognize an asylum-worthy condition in a given country before asylum can be claimed).
States that the US manufacturing should be self-sufficient for critical items such as medicines, hospital supplies, and other basic essential goods, and that offshoring of these must be limited.

IMHO this person would win big in November. Unfortunately, I don't believe such a person exists in either party who isn't Trump.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:32 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 am
WiseOne wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am

That person explicitly repudiates most of the extreme Democratic positions on immigration, green new deal, BLM/reduced policing
The person makes a statement that racial justice does not have to mean putting up with crime, and that criminal enforcement will continue to be a priority especially in crime-prone communities
Open to a re-examination of welfare programs to see which ones actually benefit minorities as opposed to fostering dependency
Open to a redesign of the immigration system to prioritize people with something to contribute, e.g. using Canada or New Zealand as a model, and putting into place an asylum system that makes sense (e.g. Congress has to officially recognize an asylum-worthy condition in a given country before asylum can be claimed).
States that the US manufacturing should be self-sufficient for critical items such as medicines, hospital supplies, and other basic essential goods, and that offshoring of these must be limited.

IMHO this person would win big in November. Unfortunately, I don't believe such a person exists in either party who isn't Trump.
+1 Sign me up when that person runs. There is a greater chance of hell freezing over.
Ditto. Hear, hear! WiseOne for President!

As for when hell freezes over, it already has, in 1994. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WOxqVrj7MT
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:45 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am

That's a very verbose way of saying 'no' ;D
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:52 pm

On a related note, Scott Adams (one of the biggest Trump supporters) officially endorsed Biden yesterday. No joke.

The reason? He doesn’t want to be murdered by a leftist mob. Apparently he also officially endorsed Hillary in the 2016 election for exactly the same reason. ;D