Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Dieter » Thu May 14, 2020 11:44 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 am
Tortoise wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:21 pm
Can we all agree that the virus will inevitably spread throughout the population until it "burns out" via herd immunity?
<Snip>

Take this example: a store selling mattresses. Mattresses aren't essential, right? You only buy them every 20 years or so, so a few months won't make a difference. Well, what if you fell and hurt your back, and now you need a new mattress that doesn't aggravate your back pain? You need to go to a store to try them out to find the one that works best. Well, you can't, so you have to live with the back pain. You can't get physical therapy either, since gyms and PT centers are all closed. Which means you'll turn to alcohol and narcotics to deal with it. What's the essential and not essential items in this story?
So, um, we are looking to get a new mattress before too long.
(Nothing critical though).

And my back often hurts when I'm not careful (too much volleyball in my youth, and need to improve home office Ergonomics.

So far I'm doing more meditation and stretching than alcohol and medicine.

Life.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri May 15, 2020 6:14 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 pm
pmward wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:06 pm
pmward, Here is an article from Arizona that is pretty good. Well I think so because they say what I've been thinking for several weeks. Namely that the only measure that means anything is hospitalizations. And they say AZ has been trending down.
Interesting. Though considering our new cases and deaths are still both trending up (today was our 2nd largest increase in new cases to date) I'm not sure how sustainable that is. It seems like it may be more of a red herring than anything.
As the article said, case counts are not worth much. The more you test, the more cases you count. And deaths are not real time reporting, and are subject to bias and error both ways. Hospitalizations tell the story.
I read the rationale for hospitalizations being the key metric a few days ago and it seems like the best single metric, for sure. I'm hoping that decision-makers adopt it, and don't flip out when testing ramps up and they see a massive spike in positives.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 am

Survivors is a British post-apocalyptic fiction drama television series created by Terry Nation and produced by Terence Dudley at the BBC, that broadcast from 1975 to 1977. It concerns the plight of a group of people who have survived an apocalyptic plague pandemic, which was accidentally released by a Chinese scientist and quickly spread across the world via air travel. Referred to as "The Death", the plague kills approximately 4,999 out of every 5,000 human beings on the planet within a matter of weeks of being released.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivors ... TV_series)

I cross-posted in the youtube thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2221&p=197012#p197012
I think there was a thread about virus TV shows, movies and books, but I don’t see it.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Fri May 15, 2020 9:03 am

Xan wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:24 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:07 pm
provided the peak does not exceed hospital capacity.
I don't think this has been sufficiently demonstrated either. How many of the people who go on ventilators are actually saved as opposed to dying in the following, say, month anyway? To me this is the big question and I can't find that anyone has even asked it, apart from that fellow with the oddly-colored website whose name escapes me at the moment.

The point of the lockdown is to save people who can be saved with proper medical attention (particularly with a ventilator) but who would die without it. But how much difference does medical intervention actually make?

I think we're owed some solid numbers on that if we're expecting to continue any form of lockdown.
Those numbers have been reported for New York State: 80% of COVID patients who go on ventilators eventually die, after being on them usually several weeks. And I haven't seen numbers but there is qualitative reporting that the longer a patient is on a vent, the higher that number gets - i.e. the ones who get off the vent successfully will do so within the first few days.

Bottom line, running out of vents will shorten the delay to death but probably won't have a big impact on the overall death rate. The bigger problem is bed space and personnel - people can't keep working overtime under strenuous conditions for weeks on end. In fairness though, hospitals often get overrun, usually during flu season and most commonly public hospitals that are run on shoestring budgets. I saw plenty of packed ERs with patients waiting 24 hours to be seen, and gurneys lined up in hallways during residency, depending on the hospital I was rotating through. It was not fun but the world did not end, and it wasn't even considered newsworthy.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Fri May 15, 2020 9:10 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:10 pm
pmward wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:06 pm
pmward, Here is an article from Arizona that is pretty good. Well I think so because they say what I've been thinking for several weeks. Namely that the only measure that means anything is hospitalizations. And they say AZ has been trending down.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/hea ... 61c883890c
Interesting. Though considering our new cases and deaths are still both trending up (today was our 2nd largest increase in new cases to date) I'm not sure how sustainable that is. It seems like it may be more of a red herring than anything.

EDIT: I also wonder about if this has a lot to do with our large snow bird population, it is mid May, and April-May is about the time of the year that they fly back north for the summer. We have a large retiree population year round, but it is especially high in the winter through April-May timeframe.
Surprisingly I've not kept up on it....but given Arizona's now "liberal" policy (of which I share your concern)….is it being talked about as being one of the places where a disproportionate amount of baseball games would be played given that it already has all the facilities there that are used for spring training? Plus, on top of it them being much smaller than major league parks would not be an issue if there are not going to be fans in attendance.

Vinny
Yes, matter of fact I've heard rumors that the entirety of the MLB season for all teams could be played here. Also, the SF 49ers are looking to play here if we have NFL this year. Matter of fact Ducey in his press conference specifically made mention that pro sports were opened up, so I do think this had a lot to do with his decision to rush the opening. He definitely has dollar signs in his eyes with all these sports teams interested in coming to play here.

Side note: I've noticed my estimated home value on Zillow has been ripping to the upside the last couple months by an unusual amount, I wonder how much these rumors of the pro sports teams playing here have to do with that? We also had Taiwan Semiconductor announce plans to open a manufacturing facility here this morning.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri May 15, 2020 11:27 am

Coronaviruses enter lung tissue via the ACE2 receptor, which varies structurally among human populations. In particular, the Chinese population has fewer variants that bind weakly to the coronavirus S-protein. This global variation suggests that the ACE2 receptor has coevolved with different environments, some of which have favored susceptibility to infection of lung tissue by coronaviruses.

It has been argued that respiratory viruses boost the immune response of lung tissue and thereby prevent more serious pulmonary diseases, like tuberculosis, pneumonia, and pneumonic plague. This preventive effect has been shown with other viral pathogens, notably γherpesvirus 68 and cytomegalovirus. Some human populations may have therefore gained protection from severe respiratory infections by becoming more susceptible to mild respiratory infections, such as those normally caused by coronaviruses.

This commensal virus-host relationship would have been especially adaptive wherever respiratory pathogens could easily propagate, i.e., in crowded environments, where many people live in proximity not only to each other but also to animal sources of infection. In regions that have long had crowded environments, natural selection may have favored susceptibility to infection by coronaviruses, which are normally mild in their effects, as a means to maintain a strong immune response to deadly pulmonary diseases.
link
Guys, corona is our friend, she's just being a little bitchy right now.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 pm

So much for hydroxychloroquine as a COVID treatment, not that this should come as a surprise:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2012410

I am sorry that this drug ended up being used as a political football, resulting in raising a lot of false hopes. Other treatments are perhaps more promising (like remdesivir) but they're at best partially effective. Vaccination is pretty much the only solution for viruses.

I can't wait to hear how the anti-vaxxers will react to the COVID vaccine when it comes out.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri May 15, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm still holding out hope that near-constant inebriation is legit.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Fri May 15, 2020 3:34 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 pm
I can't wait to hear how the anti-vaxxers will react to the COVID vaccine when it comes out.
Noting the "when" language, are you confident that this will happen, WiseOne? I certainly hope so!
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Wouldn't it be a trip if the anti-vaccine people were right, and vaccines cause autism? But we kept doing them? That would be a crazy timeline. We'd obviously be a starfaring species with insane tech, PLUS everyone will have a house-autist who can paint a picture of the London skyline from memory.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 pm

The Rise of Sanitised Travel (Infographic)
https://simpliflying.com/sanitised-travel/
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:23 pm

WiseOne wrote:
So much for hydroxychloroquine as a COVID treatment, not that this should come as a surprise:

I am sorry that this drug ended up being used as a political football, resulting in raising a lot of false hopes. Other treatments are perhaps more promising (like remdesivir) but they're at best partially effective. Vaccination is pretty much the only solution for viruses.

I'm not exactly an anti-vaxxer, but I do think that people should be careful about what they inject into their bodies. And I think that people should be cautious where big bucks are involved for say a pharmaceutical company.

Regarding a potential COVID vaccine, I certainly won't be in line to get injected in the first week. I'm in my mid 50s. I probably wouldn't get the vaccine until my mid 60s, and only then if it had been shown to be safe by then. If I get sick before then, I will quarantine myself and stay away from older/sickly people who might die from it.
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm

When I look around online I see that smoking in the US causes about 480,000 deaths annually.

COVID-19 has killed about 88,000 in two months more or less, for an annualized rate of 528,000 deaths. And it looks like only about 14% of Americans smoke.

Is it fair to say that the virus is about as dangerous as long-term smoking?
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri May 15, 2020 5:08 pm

It depends on what gets counted as a "smoking-related" fatality.

Ditto for coronavirus.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri May 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Wow, look at Russia catching up. 🇷🇺
https://ncov2019.live/

—-
barrett wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm
I see that smoking in the US causes about 480,000 deaths annually.
The numerical comparisons keep coming up despite articles that put it into perspective. i don’t think it’s fair to say it’s only as dangerous, even if it turns out to be technically (numerically) true purely in the context of death counts. Although second-hand (and more recently discovered, third-hand) smoke is dangerous, it obviously doesn’t spread to other people the way the virus does.

Smoking doesn’t wipe out the economy the way the virus has. It hasn’t starved anyone.
Yes, it makes healthcare more expensive, but it also generates revenue.

I’m not defending smoking. O0
I just think it’s too parochial to only look at those numbers.
D1984
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by D1984 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:08 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:48 pm
dualstow wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Smoking doesn’t wipe out the economy the way the virus has.
The virus hasn't tanked the economy, the government did.
You assume that people are just going to magically start shopping and spending (and being in crowded stores/restaurants/gyms/hair salons/auto dealerships/airplanes/etc) like before if state/local governments lifted all restrictions? I know that I certainly won't be doing any more of the above than necessary until either:

A. A safe and effective vaccine is developed and widely available, and/or,

B. A safe and effective cure/treatment is discovered/developed.

C. Truly representative (i.e. not self-selected by people who want to be tested because they think they might've been exposed to SARS-COV2 or who otherwise volunteer to be tested even if for no other reason than to see if they have already had a symptomless infection and thus might be immune) antibody serology studies are done showing that the IFR for COVID-19 isn't much worse than for, say, influenza during an averagely bad flu season (i.e. not a 1918-type scenario) and that accurately compares COVID-19 IFR to flu IFR and not study/studies that "cheat" by comparing COVID IFR to influenza CFR to make COVID-19 look more relatively benign that it really is.

Given that I am 35 and relatively healthy, how many 55+ people (or people with chronic illnesses) are going to be making the same decision I did (hunker down at home as much as possible and go out/buy/spend/consume no more than absolutely necessary) even if state authorities lift all restrictions?
Last edited by D1984 on Fri May 15, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerD
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FarmerD » Fri May 15, 2020 6:09 pm

WiseOne wrote:

Most of the medical experts (Dr Seheult for example) have always claimed that hydroxychloroquine acts as a zinc ionophore (and zinc inside cells inhibit virus) yet several studies that have come out recently claiming it doesn't work are not giving patients any zinc. Supposedly the aged, diabetics, obese, ie. people at risk for Covid-19 are almost always deficient in zinc. I'm not saying hydroxychloroquine works, but I would like to see studies where zinc is included in the regimen.
Any thoughts WiseOne?
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 pm

barrett wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm
When I look around online I see that smoking in the US causes about 480,000 deaths annually.

COVID-19 has killed about 88,000 in two months more or less, for an annualized rate of 528,000 deaths. And it looks like only about 14% of Americans smoke.

What is the daily growth on smoking deaths compared to Coronavirus?

Yesterday 1,572 died from COVID-18. (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/)

578,000 a year if rate doesn't change.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

We shall see what happens with the reopenings.

As a non-snooker, I appreciate that smoking isn't allowed on resteraunt / indoors in California so I don't have to deal with second hand smoke.

I see masks similarly.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri May 15, 2020 7:34 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:48 pm
dualstow wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Smoking doesn’t wipe out the economy the way the virus has.
The virus hasn't tanked the economy, the government did.
I'm not going to argue with you, my friend, because it's been done in this thread already (plus I'm in a very pro-dentist mood after my visit the other day), but I respectfully disagree.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 pm

If the government didn't tank the economy, the virus probably would have anyway. I think the big difference would have been a bunch of unorganized, fear-based shutdowns rather than the comparatively ordered one we have now.

We'd still have the conspiracy theories and the fake news, except it would be the opposite of what we're currently seeing.

"BILL GATES AND GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENTING ON GLOBAL POPULATION WITH SUPER VIRUS AND INTENTIONALLY WITHHOLDING VACCINE."

Overall, I think the lockdowns were a positive thing. This could have been way worse if hospital capacity had been overwhelmed everywhere at once. Also, imagine the chaos that would have occurred if people were refusing to go to work without a specific shelter in place order to back them up on that decision.
I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 pm

Dieter wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 pm

As a non-snooker, I appreciate that smoking isn't allowed on resteraunt / indoors in California so I don't have to deal with second hand smoke.
There used to the old days when you went to a restaurant and there were smoking and non-smoking section. At the time we were not aware of the dangers of second hand smoke and people smoking around me then or now has otherwise never bothered me.

One day I was working side-by-side with someone for several hours and after awhile I asked him if he'd given up smoking. He said, "Vinny! I've smoked five cigarettes while we've been working together!" That's how little it concerned me then or, obviously, (did not even) noticed it.

But back to the restaurant days, every time they'd ask me if I wanted the smoking or non-smoking section I'd turn to the person I was with and say, "I wish, instead, that they'd asked me if I wanted the loud people's section or the quiet people's section."

Which section do you think I preferred?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri May 15, 2020 9:13 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:27 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 pm
Dieter wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 pm

There used to the old days when you went to a restaurant and there were smoking and non-smoking section. At the time we were not aware of the dangers of second hand smoke and people smoking around me then or now has otherwise never bothered me.

One day I was working side-by-side with someone for several hours and after awhile I asked him if he'd given up smoking. He said, "Vinny! I've smoked five cigarettes while we've been working together!" That's how little it concerned me then or, obviously, (did not even) noticed it.

But back to the restaurant days, every time they'd ask me if I wanted the smoking or non-smoking section I'd turn to the person I was with and say, "I wish, instead, that they'd asked me if I wanted the loud people's section or the quiet people's section."

Which section do you think I preferred?

Vinny
With me, it's the no kids section now that my kids are grown.
Kids are generally almost always a plus for me.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Fri May 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Xan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:34 pm
WiseOne wrote:
Noting the "when" language, are you confident that this will happen, WiseOne? I certainly hope so!
"when" covers a lot of ground, Xan. The shortest time for a vaccine to come out, up to now, is 10 years. Shortening that time will require bureaucrats to stop being bureaucratic. Possible, but unlikely. I've seen the bureaucrats in my dept up close and personal enough to know that this particular species can't easily change its behavior pattern.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 am

Here is Baseball's response...

Vinny

Exclusive: MLB proposes medical protocols to players in 67-page document

By Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich 3m ago

No exchanges of lineup cards. New baseballs any time a ball is put in play and touched by multiple players. Players wearing masks except while on the field, standing six feet apart during the singing of the national anthem and God Bless America, sitting six feet apart in the dugout and, if necessary, even in the stands.

These are just some of the proposed protocols in a 67-page document concerning health and safety that Major League Baseball delivered to the Major League Baseball Players Association on Saturday. The union must agree to the procedures outlined in the document, making them subject to change.

The operations manual for the abbreviated 2020 season, a copy of which was obtained by The Athletic, covers medical and testing protocols for COVID-19, spring training, facility protocols, on-field operations, league operations and transactions, travel and player and staff education.

Among the highlights in each section:

TESTING

*Regular testing for all players, managers, coaches and umpires, plus a limited number of essential staff who come into close proximity with players.

*MLB will monitor developments in testing and attempt to use the least invasive and fastest methods that are commercially available without adversely impacting public health needs.

*The vast majority of tests will be run on saliva collections, though oral or nasal swabs might be used at times. Blood samples will be taken less frequently for antibody testing.

*All players must undergo “Intake Screening” upon arriving at spring training. The screening will take place at multiple locations and at staggered times. It will consist of a temperature check with a contactless thermometer and body fluid and blood samples.

*Individuals who are tested must self-quarantine at his or her spring-training residency until the results of the testing are reported, likely within 24 to 48 hours. Any individual who tests positive is instructed to self-quarantine and gets treated accordingly.

*Asymptomatic individuals are monitored daily through symptom screens, temperature checks and “frequent testing,” with results taking approximately 24 hours to report.

*An individual with a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, other symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or close contact with a confirmed case is subject to immediate rapid diagnostic test at location close to the club facility.

*Each club must maintain a dedicated testing area in its spring training site and MLB ballpark, and a dedicated isolation area where an individual who develops symptoms or learns of positive result can isolate pending relocation to home or medical facility.

*Free diagnostic and antibody testing is available to individuals who live in the same household and healthcare workers or other first responders in the clubs’ home cities as a public service.

*Each individual will conduct daily home screenings that include a personal temperature check each morning. Clubs will provide thermometers.

*Before entering a club facility, individuals will get their temperatures checked and complete a short symptom and exposure questionnaire.

*Any individual who reports COVID-19 symptoms or a temperature above 100 during a home screening may not enter club facility, and instead must immediately self-isolate and be directed to team physician.

*Each club must develop procedures for isolating, transporting, testing and treating individuals who display potential symptoms.

*Clubs must take the following steps to minimize potential transmission:

�Identify all players and other employees who have had close contact and closely monitor them.

�Team physician may deetermine some or all of those should get tested.

�IImmediate cleaning and disinfecting of all club-controlled areas

�Reinforce importance of hygiene.

*Individuals who test positive must self-isolate, with daily communication and remote care from the club medical staff, including follow-up testing.

*The club must conduct contact tracing, clean and disinfect locations where the individual was and confidentially notify public health authorities.

SPRING TRAINING

*Limited to 50 players per club.

*Workouts staggered throughout the day to avoid overcrowding. When feasible, clubs should consider the use of another facility such as a nearby college or minor-league stadium to conduct workouts or games on a split-squad basis.

*Reporting dates staggered, with camp divided into three phases.

�Indivvidual and small group workouts consisting exclusively of pitchers and catchers. Divided into groups of five players or fewer and assigned different times and areas of complex.

�Larger groups permitted. Still staggered timmes throughout the day.

�Limited number of games.

*To address heat concerns, spring-training games in Florida and Arizona would begin between 7 and 9 pm local time.

*Four-man umpiring crews would be used with the possibility of adding a fifth and using multiple plate umps when temperatures reach certain levels.

FACILITY PROTOCOLS

*Facilities will be restricted to limited groups of essential personnel:

�Players and other on-fieldd personnel.

�Other essential personnel who need cllose proximity to on-field personnel. This group includes clubhouse staff, ownership representatives, front-office employees, public-relations staff and translators.

�Individuals who perform essential event services but do not require close contact with players and other on-field personnel. This group includes cleaning service providers, broadcast personnel, groundskeepers, transportation providers � up to 150 at any given time.<

�Laww enforcement, EMTs and ambulance drivers, and government officials.

*Minimum standards will be maintained for cleaning and disinfecting. Processes will be in place for safely distributing meals, dietary supplements and medicine.

*Communal water and sports drink coolers/jugs are prohibited. Only personal water or individually prepared sports drink bottles or contactless water dispensers with disposable cups or should be used.

*No spitting, using smokeless tobacco and sunflower seeds in restricted areas.

*Increased availability of hand washing and hand-sanitizing stations, preferably with contactless dispensers.

*Players and other on-field personnel should wash or sanitize their hands after each half-inning or the handling of equipment.

*Where possible, clubs will make efforts to reduce density of individuals, discourage gatherings and promote physical distancing.

*Meetings will take place virtually when possible. If they take place in-person, they should preferably be outdoors with participants sitting apart from each other and wearing face coverings when possible.

*Lockers should be six feet apart. If not possible, clubs should erect temporary clubhouse or locker facilities in unused stadium space, preferably outdoors or in areas with increased ventilation.

*Showering will be discouraged at club facilities.

*The use of indoor batting cages is discouraged when hitting outdoors is an option. Hitters are encouraged to use batting gloves, and batting-practice pitchers are encouraged to wear masks.

*Pitchers will use a personal set of baseballs during bullpens, and separate balls to demonstrate pitching grips or mechanics.

*Only necessary players will be in dugouts. Inactive players may sit in auxiliary seating areas, including adjacent in-stadium seating to maximize physical distancing.

*Dugout phones will be disinfected after each use.

*Group dining is discouraged. Buffet and communal food spreads are prohibited. Meals must be distributed in individually packaged containers or bags, in takeout form.

*Uses of saunas, steam rooms, hydrotherapy pools and cryotherapy chambers are prohibited.

ON-FIELD OPERATIONS

*Rules changes for the 2020 season are pending.

*Rather than an exchange of lineup cards, lineups will be inputted into an application.

*When the ball is out of play or in between pitches, fielders are encouraged to retreat several steps away from the baserunner.

*Catchers are permitted to step on the grass toward the mound to give signs if he needs to stand to relay signs to infielders.

*Non-playing personnel must wear masks at all times in dugout.

*Spitting is prohibited.

TRAVEL

*Teams should control their environments as much as possible. Public transportation and individual private transportation � rideshare services like Lyft and Uber  � is discouraged.

*Whenever possible, teams are to fly into smaller airports. The league’s desire is for airlines to assign fixed airline crews rather than rotate crews in and out.

*While players will not be officially quarantined, members of the traveling party are not to leave the hotel unless they receive advance approval from team personnel. The only people permitted to visit players’ rooms are immediate family members. Socializing with other family members or friends is discouraged, but not entirely prohibited.

*On the road, the players should essentially isolate at hotels, with precautions such as a prohibition on buffet-style meals in place. Luggage will be sent directly to players’ rooms to avoid extra touchpoints, and players will not need to return a key or visit the front desk upon check out. Meal money should be delivered to players in a form other than cash.

*At teams’ home cities and in spring-training cities, players can stay at their desired locations, so long as they follow best practices such as avoiding public areas.

MLB plans to develop a COVID-19 education program that all team employees will need to complete before returning to work. Players and umpires are to go through the program as well.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun May 17, 2020 5:10 am

Recap of recent public scares. The wolf is knocking at your door. ::)

Accompanyment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qae25976UgA
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8ahHedcnk

Fear Strikes.jpeg
Fear Strikes.jpeg (52.89 KiB) Viewed 5678 times
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.