Trump as tragicomedy

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump as tragicomedy

Post by dualstow » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:03 pm

Not important. It may be that your large monitor is working against you in this case, although I think my monitor is 22”.
If you’re really curious about emojis that appear too small on your screen, you can always paste to emojipedia.com. It’s a great resource.
( EDIT: grammar only )

God Emperor, kriegs?? O0
Last edited by dualstow on Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:54 am

dualstow wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:03 pm
Not important. It may be that your large monitor is working against you in this case, although I think my monitor is 22”.
If your really curious about emojis that appear too small on your screen, you can always paste to emojipedia.com. It’s a great resource.

God Emperor, kriegs?? O0
The one you just used is large enough. And, not curious enough about it to exert any effort. Just passing on the information to you that at least for me (maybe others) don't know what you were trying to communicate.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:42 am

dualstow wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:03 pm
God Emperor, kriegs?? O0
Tongue in cheek.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:34 am

I know
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:32 pm

Ugh, my playdar was malfunctioning. I blame being sober and/or Vinny.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:42 pm

"Being Vinny"... sounds like an Oscar contender.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:12 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (100.1 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Any thoughts about the big spike in "Covid-19 deaths" in NYC after several days of plateauing numbers? My understanding is that most of the spike came from "presumed Covid-19 deaths" suddenly being recategorized as "Covid-19 deaths."

I suspect that when Trump and Cuomo started butting heads about when and how to reopen the nation's economy, Cuomo had his people call up every hospital in NYC yesterday and ask them to "double-check" to see if any Covid-19 deaths had possibly been overlooked. No pressure, of course. ::)

A sudden spike in Covid-19 deaths in NYC coincidentally gives Cuomo a stronger case with which to push back against Trump's reopening plan. And wouldn't you know it, it came just in the nick of time!
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Re. the daily news briefings by Trump et. al. What is your order of trust (perhaps truthfulness, perhaps believing they are trying their best, perhaps saying things they think will do the best job of keeping the masses quiet and avoiding riots etc.) in the various participants?

Here is mine after watching quite a few of the briefings:
Outstanding - persons behind the camera and microphone ;)
Very High - Birx and Fauci
Medium High - Trump and Pence
Medium - Surgeon General (I'm wishy washy on this, not enough data)
Medium - Reporters from Fox and equivalent
Rock bottom low - Reporters from CNN, NYT, WaPo and equivalent
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:56 pm
Any thoughts about the big spike in "Covid-19 deaths" in NYC after several days of plateauing numbers? My understanding is that most of the spike came from "presumed Covid-19 deaths" suddenly being recategorized as "Covid-19 deaths."

I suspect that when Trump and Cuomo started butting heads about when and how to reopen the nation's economy, Cuomo had his people call up every hospital in NYC yesterday and ask them to "double-check" to see if any Covid-19 deaths had possibly been overlooked. No pressure, of course. ::)

A sudden spike in Covid-19 deaths in NYC coincidentally gives Cuomo a stronger case with which to push back against Trump's reopening plan. And wouldn't you know it, it came just in the nick of time!
Yes, the spike in deaths is due to a re-definition of what constitutes a COVID-19 death. Those extra 3700 deaths were actually spread over the last month or so.

The numbers in the city are not just plateauing, they are dropping precipitously. Hooray. Unfortunately, the virus is picking up elsewhere, right now Long Island is the hot spot. So the summated caseload for New York State looks like a plateau. The media are missing this though...and now they're talking about continuing some form of lockdown through all of next year! There won't be an economy to save, if things go that long!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Trump job approval slips 6 points in past month: poll
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... month-poll
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:25 am
WiseOne wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:39 pm
The numbers in the city are not just plateauing, they are dropping precipitously. Hooray. Unfortunately, the virus is picking up elsewhere, right now Long Island is the hot spot. So the summated caseload for New York State looks like a plateau. The media are missing this though...and now they're talking about continuing some form of lockdown through all of next year! There won't be an economy to save, if things go that long!
That's the plan.
Do you mean the left's plan may be to crater the economy to make Trump look as bad as possible going into the November election?

Although I think most people believe they're doing the right thing and aren't intentionally evil, I've also seriously wondered a couple of times recently if leftists hate Trump so much that they believe wrecking the economy to hurt his reelection chances is the right thing to do.

Disturbing to think about.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 pm

The graphic below I posted in the CV discussion as well.

I had thought maybe this was partially because of wanting to derail Trump. But the more I think about it, I bet a lot has to do with people in power not wanting to be wrong. Seeing a projection, scrambling to try to make things happen to deal with that projection, and then be found out that it, in some/many cases, was overblown.

But then I see graphs like this

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Corto, it's tough to tell what's real/fake nowadays, but from what I've read people are being classified as coronavirus deaths even if they died of something else but tested positive for coronavirus. I'm taking the statistics with a grain of salt.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:38 pm
Corto, it's tough to tell what's real/fake nowadays, but from what I've read people are being classified as coronavirus deaths even if they died of something else but tested positive for coronavirus. I'm taking the statistics with a grain of salt.
I think WiseOne touched on this when a large number of NY deaths were reclassed as coronavirus -
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am

Any Stargate SG1 fans out there? When Trump talked about disinfectant and/or UV light in the body, I thought of the Go'auld Pain Stick.

I have to go back and binge watch a few of those episodes.

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.28 KiB) Viewed 5463 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:04 pm

A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump’s controversial coronavirus comments

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Trump Tried Partisan Applause Lines Inside the Pentagon. Nobody Applauded.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2019/0 ... on/154253/
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:05 am

That's the drawback of not watching the press briefings; you have to rely on the media to tell you what he said. I didn't find a video on any US-based news sites, obviously, but this clip from an Aussie news company... I mean, fuck guys, nobody with half a brain was going to drink or inject disinfectant chemicals after watching that.

In the search for the video, I found 10x more news articles talking about eating or drinking disinfectants. It's clear to me where the people were taking their cues from. It's enough to make one suspect they do it intentionally :)
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:33 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:04 pm
A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump’s controversial coronavirus comments

MORONS.
Attachments
e44.gif
e44.gif (1.4 MiB) Viewed 5505 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:18 am

shekels wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:33 am
vnatale wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:04 pm

MORONS.
What a way to clean up the gene pool. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Sorry to ruin your fun, people, but I suspect that article is fake news. Funny, but fake.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:22 pm

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDQ99N0-Ds
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:59 pm

moda0306 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:36 am
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-u ... nance.html

At least he's anti-establishment when it comes to our sick relationship with Saudi Ara..... Nevermind.
Biden Won’t Penalize Saudi Crown Prince Over Khashoggi’s Killing, Fearing Relations Breach
The decision will disappoint the human rights community and members of his own party who complained during the Trump administration that the U.S. was failing to hold Mohammed bin Salman accountable.

WASHINGTON — President Biden has decided that the diplomatic cost of directly penalizing Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, is too high, according to senior administration officials, despite a detailed American intelligence finding that he directly approved the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, the dissident and Washington Post columnist who was drugged and dismembered in October 2018.

The decision by Mr. Biden, who during the 2020 campaign called Saudi Arabia a “pariah” state with “no redeeming social value,” came after weeks of debate in which his newly formed national security team advised him that there was no way to formally bar the heir to the Saudi crown from entering the United States, or to weigh criminal charges against him, without breaching the relationship with one of America’s key Arab allies.

Officials said a consensus developed inside the White House that the cost of that breach, in Saudi cooperation on counterterrorism and in confronting Iran, was simply too high.

For Mr. Biden, the decision was a telling indication of how his more cautious instincts kicked in, as the responsibilities of managing a difficult ally led him to find ways other than going directly after Prince Mohammed to make Saudi Arabia pay a price.