Presidential poll

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Who would you rather have as President right now?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 pm

Joe Biden
9%
Hillary Clinton
14%
Donald Trump
77%

Total votes: 22
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Presidential poll

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Let's see how many people would prefer someone else as President right now.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Presidential poll

Post by Tortoise » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm

I voted for Trump in this poll, but I still reserve the right to criticize certain aspects of his handling of the pandemic response.

We all make mistakes and can improve! Pretending like the mistakes don’t exist isn’t constructive or helpful.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm
I voted for Trump in this poll, but I still reserve the right to criticize certain aspects of his handling of the pandemic response.

We all make mistakes and can improve! Pretending like the mistakes don’t exist isn’t constructive or helpful.
Same.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Good grief! Someone actually voted for the shrill screecher. I think the poll could be cooler if Calvin Coolidge and Aaron Burr were on it. ;D
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:37 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
There's no reason for me to not self-identify myself. I'd have voted for her 1,000 times out of a 1,000.

Vinny
No problem. However I'll self-identify and say I'd rather have Aaron Burr. He had better ethics.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm
vnatale wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:

Vinny
Just bc you live in MA doesn't mean you have to claim to like Hillary. :P
Not true. I'm ALWAYS an Independent.

I am a New York Yankees fan in Massachusetts and I am so vocal and demonstrative about it that I'm THE Yankees fan in a lot of people's lives.

It' been that way my entire life being a Yankees fan in New England.

That holds true going way back to high school.

One night the Yankees lost a game to the Red Sox, by losing a big lead they'd had earlier in the game. I knew that the next day in both school and after school at softball I was going to be a #1 target for a lot of comments.

Therefore, I had to quickly think of how I could, instead, go on the offensive. I decided to assign and announce consecutive numbers to each person who thought that they could taunt me over that loss. I'll let you guess at what number I stopped assigning numbers.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:07 pm

The correct answer is D: none of the above...
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm

LOL, poor Biden.

He was already battling senility, but now he’s been #MeToo’ed. He’s done.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
LOL, poor Biden.

Someone just tell Biden he is off to a Great start, He won't remember anyway.
Last edited by shekels on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 pm

It looks like Hillary and her Adrenochrome addiction are lagging also.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Will someone vote for Biden just to give hope to his supporters..
Oh wait, never mind.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:34 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm
MangoMan wrote:
vnatale wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:

Vinny

I am a New York Yankees fan in Massachusetts and I am so vocal and demonstrative about it that I'm THE Yankees fan in a lot of people's lives.

One night the Yankees lost a game to the Red Sox, by losing a big lead they'd had earlier in the game. I knew that the next day in both school and after school at softball I was going to be a #1 target for a lot of comments.

Therefore, I had to quickly think of how I could, instead, go on the offensive. I decided to assign and announce consecutive numbers to each person who thought that they could taunt me over that loss. I'll let you guess at what number I stopped assigning numbers.

Vinny
You are not an independent.
You are a Hillary supporter who has never voted for a Republican.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 am

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:18 am
Tortoise wrote:
LOL, poor Biden.

The only question now is who's gonna get the nomination. Not Bernie, that's for sure. It's looking more and more like Cuomo will somehow get in there without ever campaigning. ???
Hillary.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:39 am

Vinny, you seem to love Hillary and can't stand Biden. Can you tell us what the differences are that you see between the two?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 am

Biden with Cuomo as VP. But Biden already said he was picking a woman, I think? Or was that Bernie? That was so...3 weeks ago.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 am
Biden with Cuomo as VP. But Biden already said he was picking a woman, I think? Or was that Bernie? That was so...3 weeks ago.
Biden bas a history of picking women. >:D
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:12 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:34 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm
MangoMan wrote:
vnatale wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:

Vinny

Vinny
You are not an independent.
You are a Hillary supporter who has never voted for a Republican.
On the non-presidential level I've regularly voted for non-Democrats which includes Republicans and third parties.

But George Bush and all his blind Republican supporters (similar to the current regime) so destroyed the Republican brand that I decided that in 2006 I had to vote straight Democrat in my solo attempt to offer a complete repudiation of the Republican party.

I have since relented to vote for our current Republican governor. But if it comes down to Biden versus Trump for the first time ever in a presidential election I will not vote for the Democrat party candidate as they will have then ceased to exist as a party in my eyes. I will vote for a third party candidate.

Prior to that 2006 election this used to be part of my political emails signature: "Another independent moderate who voted for a Republican, a Green/Rainbow, an Independent, and two Democrats in the November 2004 elections."

Vinny
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:35 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:16 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 am
MangoMan wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
LOL, poor Biden.

The only question now is who's gonna get the nomination. Not Bernie, that's for sure. It's looking more and more like Cuomo will somehow get in there without ever campaigning. ???
Hillary.
No tongue emoji, so that is not sarcasm?
How would they ever justify that? Does anybody even want her anymore? Cuomo has a lot more universal appeal after the way he is handling CV. Hillary is just off the radar at this point.
No, it isn't sarcasm.
Hillary's just waiting for the right time to ride in on her white horse to rescue the party.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:35 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
LOL, poor Biden.

Hillary.
How would they ever justify that? Does anybody even want her anymore? Cuomo has a lot more universal appeal after the way he is handling CV. Hillary is just off the radar at this point.
No, it isn't sarcasm.
Hillary's just waiting for the right time to ride in on her white horse to rescue the party.
She's now firmly in the club of WAY TOO OLD TO BE PRESIDENT, as much as Trump, Biden and Bernie refuse to acknowledge it!

Vinny
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:25 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:50 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
LOL, poor Biden.

Hillary.
No, it isn't sarcasm.
She's now firmly in the club of WAY TOO OLD TO BE PRESIDENT, as much as Trump, Biden and Bernie refuse to acknowledge it!

Vinny
Speaking of riding in on a white horse .... I've speculated that Michelle O. with Oprah as VP will be the Demo team. Kyrie Eleison.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:25 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:50 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
LOL, poor Biden.

Hillary.
No, it isn't sarcasm.

Vinny
Speaking of riding in on a white horse .... I've speculated that Michelle O. with Oprah as VP will be the Demo team. Kyrie Eleison.
Though I've always liked and still like former president Obama, his wife has never held any form of attraction for me. Oprah? I'd say the celebrity politician has already run its course and resulted in great failure. So no more of that.
Have no idea who Kyrie Eliison is. Kyrie Irving for certain I know but not this other person.

Vinny
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:15 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:13 pm
Have no idea who Kyrie Eliison is. Kyrie Irving for certain I know but not this other person.
It’s an ancient Greek liturgical prayer meaning “Lord, have mercy.”
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (89.96 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:52 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (67.61 KiB) Viewed 2935 times