The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Xan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Pug, there wasn't a link in your post; I added one that seemed to be appropriate.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:55 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:29 pm
How bizarre, yes that was the link. Also a line of text disappered:

Students hate Trump State of the Union quotes...until hearing they're from 2020 Dems
I took that out; I thought it was a mistake for it to be there both normally and as the link text. But you can edit however you like.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:03 pm

RIP Marcello Gandini
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 am

dualstow wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:03 pm
Sad O0
The kid's responses after they were told it was democrats saying those things were generally well thought out, and they did not say, oh, well now that quote is fine. They used words like hypocritical, and noticed quickly that they were biased themselves.

So I didn't see anything wrong.

Vocally, I think Trump did much better than usual. And when you listen to his accomplishments, there's definitely a "dammit, he has done a lot" sense I am sure going through democrats' minds.

I just go back to something I've asked and wondered many times before: could he have done what he's done without all the bluster and bullying and demeaning?

The democrats only hope now, unfortunately, is he goes off the deep end thinking he can do anything (even more) or that the economy blows up. I think they have a better than 50/50 chance that the economy implodes and he wont'be able to use that as a point in Nov.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am

That is BRILLIANT. Also shows the effects of the media's relentless brainwashing. If you REALLY listen to the things that Trump says (instead of what someone says he said, and then what that someone tells you what you should think about it), I find them to be often quite rational and refreshing. Yes, it is sometimes couched in language that makes me squirm, but that wasn't the case last night.

Is anyone else enjoying the spectacle of the Iowa caucus results? Well enjoy maybe not...I do feel bad for Iowans who turned out to cast votes that may never be counted. But I do find it hilarious that the app was developed by the aptly named "Shadow Inc" linked to Hilary Clinton. Not a few commentators have pointed out that after all the angst about Russian interference and how Trump is somehow destroying our democracy, the Democrats now give us this fiasco.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:37 am

sophie wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am

Is anyone else enjoying the spectacle of the Iowa caucus results?
What I am glad of is this finally opened my eyes to the joke of Iowa, 92% white, still being the first place that campaigns need to go to. I hope that will be changing. All 50 states should go at the same time. Why should Iowa and New Hampshire dictate so much on who becomes the candidate? Conversely why should some state be last? The process is screwed up.

And why do we vote on Tuesday? Really, why not a Saturday? By default that would get more people out to vote.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:53 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 am
The kids' responses after they were told it was democrats saying those things were generally well thought out, and they did not say, oh, well now that quote is fine. They used words like hypocritical, and noticed quickly that they were biased themselves.

So I didn't see anything wrong.
While they didn't say "that quote is fine", what I heard was a lot of, Well, we all say things from time to time, either mistakes or things that get taken out of context. I wonder, if they had reversed this experiment and said, "Surprise, these quotes are all from Trump" would there be any response other than "Oh, that makes sense, because Trump is a racist pig."

I did like it when the kid said, "Twitter has radicalized me to the left more than I would otherwise be." Truth!
RIP Marcello Gandini
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:45 pm
sophie wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am
That is BRILLIANT. Also shows the effects of the media's relentless brainwashing. If you REALLY listen to the things that Trump says (instead of what someone says he said, and then what that someone tells you what you should think about it), I find them to be often quite rational and refreshing. Yes, it is sometimes couched in language that makes me squirm, but that wasn't the case last night.

Is anyone else enjoying the spectacle of the Iowa caucus results? Well enjoy maybe not...I do feel bad for Iowans who turned out to cast votes that may never be counted. But I do find it hilarious that the app was developed by the aptly named "Shadow Inc" linked to Hilary Clinton. Not a few commentators have pointed out that after all the angst about Russian interference and how Trump is somehow destroying our democracy, the Democrats now give us this fiasco.
I'm shocked, shocked! That the DNC is cheating Bernie again.
I have absolutely no love for Bernie, of course, as he is a commie.
But he should get his chance to be flattened by Trump in the general election this fall.
What favors does the DNC owe Bernie, who is only a Democrat when he is running for president? Why doesn't he show some integrity and run as an Independent?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:08 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:35 pm
What favors does the DNC owe Bernie, who is only a Democrat when he is running for president? Why doesn't he show some integrity and run as an Independent?

Vinny
No one will ever prove this, but many people sensed that the DNC may have gone to illegal lengths to bury Bernie Sanders and make sure that Clinton became the nominee. So my answer to your question is: it's not Bernie but the voters who deserve the "favor" of the DNC, to allow their votes to be fairly represented.

That's why the vote-count failure in Iowa is such a big deal. Taking several days to finalize vote counts is nothing new. But given what happened in 2016 and the fact that Bernie is once again the spoiler of the preferred candidate (Biden), everyone's thinking that the DNC is at it again - thus no matter what, the Iowa results are going to be considered suspect. Of course, it did not help the DNC's cause that the scandalous situation with the Biden family and Ukraine has been in the headlines for the past several months, because they were dumb enough to go through with impeachment. Not to mention all the squawking about election interference.

At least it's been fun watching the news again...you just can't make this stuff up.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:44 pm

New York's idiotic bail reform law, Take 2:

Exhibit 1: Crime is up 17% in January 2020:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/pu ... -nypd-says

I saw a video of a city briefing. The mayor and police chief tried hard to pretend that the bail law didn't exist, but the reporters in the room (god bless 'em) hammered them nonstop and elicited the following information: 1) yes, there were people released who would not have been released before the law took effect, 2) some of those people went out and committed more crimes and were arrested again (and let go again), and 3) no, they didn't have any statistics. A friend told me that she saw a report on the briefing from the local PBS station, and their displeasure was, let us say, quite evident.

Exhibit 2: A witness for a criminal prosecution has been murdered:

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/news ... s-bail-law

That was one of the worst features of the new law: prosecutors have to provide the names and addresses of witnesses to the defendant within 2 weeks after they're charged. So not only is it a problem to ensure that defendants show up in court (since they can't be held), but also how do you conduct a prosecution without witnesses? I'm no lawyer but I imagine this is a bit of a problem.

Can't say I'm surprised...but this could really get bad.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:36 am

Good Lord. Name and address??
It’s going to get so bad that it’s going to be overturned.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:00 am

Not sure if this is what happened, but it was too good to pass up ;D

You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 am

😂
RIP Marcello Gandini
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:04 pm

dualstow wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:36 am
Do you live in New York? If so, move out. If not, I don’t think you understand how much they don’t care about how their policies harm the general public.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:05 pm

sophie wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:44 pm
New York's idiotic bail reform law, Take 2:

Exhibit 1: Crime is up 17% in January 2020:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/pu ... -nypd-says

I saw a video of a city briefing. The mayor and police chief tried hard to pretend that the bail law didn't exist, but the reporters in the room (god bless 'em) hammered them nonstop and elicited the following information: 1) yes, there were people released who would not have been released before the law took effect, 2) some of those people went out and committed more crimes and were arrested again (and let go again), and 3) no, they didn't have any statistics. A friend told me that she saw a report on the briefing from the local PBS station, and their displeasure was, let us say, quite evident.

Exhibit 2: A witness for a criminal prosecution has been murdered:

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/news ... s-bail-law

That was one of the worst features of the new law: prosecutors have to provide the names and addresses of witnesses to the defendant within 2 weeks after they're charged. So not only is it a problem to ensure that defendants show up in court (since they can't be held), but also how do you conduct a prosecution without witnesses? I'm no lawyer but I imagine this is a bit of a problem.

Can't say I'm surprised...but this could really get bad.
Could?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:37 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:04 pm
dualstow wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:36 am
Do you live in New York?

I can’t afford the rent, so no. O0 I agree with the sentiment below, though.
Still, they care about remaining in office.

If so, move out. If not, I don’t think you understand how much they don’t care about how their policies harm the general public.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:56 pm
Project Veritas Part 1
PV Part 2

PV: Another Bernie Field Organizer

PV: TWO MORE Bernie 2020 Field Organizers in South Carolina

Tim Pool
Tim Pool on newest Project Veritas release
“We Don’t Want to Scare People Off, So You Kinda Have to Feel it Out Before You Get into the Crazy Stuff…More, More Extreme Organizations and Stuff Like Antifa, You Know You Were Talking About Yellow Vests and All That; But, You Know We’re Kinda Keeping That, Keeping That on the Back-Burner for Right Now.”
Whoops!
In news that will surprise absolutely nobody, Twitter has subsequently locked O'Keefe's account >:D >:D >:D >:D Zero Hedge.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:24 pm

Are you ready for this week’s absurdity? Here’s our Friday roll-up of the most ridiculous stories from around the world that are threats to your liberty, your finances, and your prosperity.

Feminist group thinks heterosexual relationships are “violent” and should be banned.

The “Federation des Femmes du Quebec” is a Canadian feminist group that receives $120,000 of taxpayer funding each year. And the Federation’s President recently took to Twitter to declare:

“Heterosexual couple relationships are really violent. In addition, the vast majority are relationships based on religion. It may be time to have a conversation about their ban and abolition.” (Translated from French.)

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-02- ... ationships
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 am

^ Wow. That is insane, Maddy!

Has anyone posted about Steven Wilson, the founder of Ascend schools? He got fired for a supposedly white supremacist blog post, which was really just an essay about classical education. He mildly attacked both the left and the right in it, but got into hot water when he decried the attack on "whiteness."

This is a gay white guy who founded a school which helps underprivileged people of all races. He was fired by a largely white board. In fact, the one African American on the board resigned in protest when they got rid of Wilson!

A board member named Ahmed Ahmed who is himself no dummy*, led the charge, although he was quoted in the New York Times as stating the firing was not his intent.

• Atlantic piece, by the always level-headed linguist John McWhorter: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... on/601696/

• NYT: Yes, even the Times calls out cancel culture sometimes! https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/nyre ... ilson.html

* I peeked at Ahmed Ahmed's LinkedIn. Has an educational background in applied physics. After that, he went into education and became the dean of a different school before joining Ascend. Looks like he didn't stick around Ascend after Wilson's ouster. Now he works at Boston University in a department called "Overcoming Racism" or something like that. Hmm.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:01 am

Maddy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:24 pm
Are you ready for this week’s absurdity? Here’s our Friday roll-up of the most ridiculous stories from around the world that are threats to your liberty, your finances, and your prosperity.

Feminist group thinks heterosexual relationships are “violent” and should be banned.

The “Federation des Femmes du Quebec” is a Canadian feminist group that receives $120,000 of taxpayer funding each year. And the Federation’s President recently took to Twitter to declare:

“Heterosexual couple relationships are really violent. In addition, the vast majority are relationships based on religion. It may be time to have a conversation about their ban and abolition.” (Translated from French.)

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-02- ... ationships
Of course that is insane but it's pretty much par for the course for US feminazis as well.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm

Pelosi ripping up the SOTU address like a spoiled child is going to haunt the Left right up through November. It will be seen millions of times and probably cost them the loss of the House. Good.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Don wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm
Pelosi ripping up the SOTU address like a spoiled child is going to haunt the Left right up through November. It will be seen millions of times and probably cost them the loss of the House. Good.
Yes, with the help of this phenomenal video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1226200485159428096
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:59 am

The new Multicultural Student Center for POC.
As long as you are the right color.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ral-center
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:39 pm

oh my ::)
RIP Marcello Gandini