Will Trump be Re-elected?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Will Trump be Re-elected?

Trump is more effective than people are willing to admit [ala Scott Adams] and will be re-elected.
37%
Hillary will run again in 2020, and thus Trump will beat her again.
5%
Trump will cause the GOP to lose one or both houses of congress in the mid-term elections.
9%
The Dems in congress will be so insufferable, Trumps wins by a small margin despite them.
23%
Trump will choose not to run for re-election, since he never really wanted the job anyway.
11%
Trump is a disaster and will lose by a landslide.
8%
Trump will not only lose, but will lose to a candidate so far to the left that people will wish he'd stayed.
5%
Other, please elaborate.
3%

Total votes: 65
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by stuper1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Yeah, Trump wants to reduce immigration from the current insane levels, and therefore he hates Mexicans, Africans, Asians, etc.

Trump points out that Democratic leaders are doing a terrible job at improving places like Baltimore, and therefore he is racist against African-Americans.

Ergo, we have a bunch of mass shootings.

It makes perfect sense.

And when he points out that the fake news is actually a big part of the problem behind the mass shootings, he is 100% correct. The fake news won't acknowledge that our current immigration levels are insanely high; all they do is stoke the flames by pretending there is no problem and blaming Trump for seeing that there is a problem. Same with Baltimore.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm
Yeah, Trump wants to reduce immigration from the current insane levels, and therefore he hates Mexicans, Africans, Asians, etc.

Trump points out that Democratic leaders are doing a terrible job at improving places like Baltimore, and therefore he is racist against African-Americans.

Ergo, we have a bunch of mass shootings.

It makes perfect sense.

And when he points out that the fake news is actually a big part of the problem behind the mass shootings, he is 100% correct. The fake news won't acknowledge that our current immigration levels are insanely high; all they do is stoke the flames by pretending there is no problem and blaming Trump for seeing that there is a problem. Same with Baltimore.
I still give the majority of the American people credit for being able to see through all of this and discern what's really going on.

Otherwise I would lose all hope (at least in the American electorate).
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm
My, except for the spam that got through it's getting pretty boring around here.
Hey now, although there are some interesting people here, the forum is principally for education, not your entertainment.
You want thrills, then turn on Hee Haw.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm
jacksonM wrote:
My, except for the spam that got through it's getting pretty boring around here.
Hey now, although there are some interesting people here, the forum is principally for education, not your entertainment.
Hee Haw baffled and frightened me a little as a child. In retrospect, I see it differently and admire the quality music, corny humor and girl next door sexuality it offered.

Hee Haw mined the same vein as The Dukes of Hazzard. Where Hee Haw provided a low brow showcase for important American Art, The Dukes of Hazzard provided a low brow redemption story that is as American as it gets: well-intentioned good old boys trying to escape their pasts while struggling against the forces of evil and incompetence that surround them.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 pm

MediumTex wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm
dualstow wrote:
jacksonM wrote:
Hee Haw baffled and frightened me a little as a child. In retrospect, I see it differently and admire the quality music, corny humor and girl next door sexuality it offered.

Hee Haw mined the same vein as The Dukes of Hazzard. Where Hee Haw provided a low brow showcase for important American Art, The Dukes of Hazzard provided a low brow redemption story that is as American as it gets: well-intentioned good old boys trying to escape their pasts while struggling against the forces of evil and incompetence that surround them.
MediumTex, seeing you post here is like seeing a unicorn for me.

Big fan. ;D ;D ;D

I became a PP proponent long after the epic thread on the Bogleheads forum. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and content.
I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 pm
MediumTex wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm
dualstow wrote:

MediumTex, seeing you post here is like seeing a unicorn for me.

Big fan. ;D ;D ;D

I became a PP proponent long after the epic thread on the Bogleheads forum. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and content.
Ditto re. Medium Tex - I still really like the Spyderco Delica knife he recommended to me. Excellent choice.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
gizmo_rat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gizmo_rat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:08 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am
Ditto re. Medium Tex - I still really like the Spyderco Delica knife he recommended to me. Excellent choice.
Portfolio recommendation worked out pretty well, not so sure about the leather chaps.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:04 am

Wow, if I knew invoking that title could summon you, Medium Tex, I would have done it years ago! O0 (or is it gold’s rise?)

Btw, it was mentioned the other day on the radio as the first really high-tech-produced show — no joke — to film everything out of sequence and then put it all together with computers. You and I are the same age and I have fond memories of the show from childhood.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 am

Good to see you, MediumTex! I've taken the liberty of restoring something approaching your old avatar.
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:49 am

Love you guys.

Just left the Prada “store” in Valentine, Texas.

Next stop: Carlsbad Caverns.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Right, but I'm not just talking about the reaction but also the causes. If the mass media would acknowledge some of our real problems, rather than papering over them, then some of those sick white boys might not be driven over the edge, and in addition maybe some of the problems with the inner city would improve.

I'm not holding my breath, because as I've started way too many times, the mass media is beholden to big business, which profits off these problems rather than trying to solve them.

As my favorite example which again I've stated way too many times, high immigration rates drive the native white boys crazy, and they also hurt urban minorities by making their labor less valuable. However, big business loves high immigration rates, so the slave of big business, which is the mass media, keeps promoting it.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Carlsbad Caverns, ooh. I used to visit family in NM, and went to the caverns in the 80s for the mass bat exodus at dusk. Kind of scary.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:58 pm

MediumTex wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:49 am
Love you guys.

Just left the Prada “store” in Valentine, Texas.

Next stop: Carlsbad Caverns.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 pm

dualstow wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:21 pm
Carlsbad Caverns, ooh. I used to visit family in NM, and went to the caverns in the 80s for the mass bat exodus at dusk. Kind of scary.
We know where he's going to be!!! Quick! Get in the car! We gotta get autographs and selfies!! ;D
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:12 pm

lol. Just don’t wear your Permanent Portfolio t-shirt. You need to sneak up on him.
Greg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Greg » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 pm
dualstow wrote:
We know where he's going to be!!! Quick! Get in the car! We gotta get autographs and selfies!! ;D
Luckily I still have my Permanent Portfolio book that MediumTex signed for me when I met up with him in Texas. Glad to see you're still kicking around MediumTex! Speaking of kicking, the wife and I are expecting our first child (a little girl) in December!
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Greg wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 pm
dualstow wrote:
Luckily I still have my Permanent Portfolio book that MediumTex signed for me when I met up with him in Texas. Glad to see you're still kicking around MediumTex! Speaking of kicking, the wife and I are expecting our first child (a little girl) in December!
I am legit jealous... here I am just sitting by myself with a totally unsigned copy like an oppressed member of the proletariat class.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Awesome, Greg. Congrats to you and the wife!
Someday your daughter will look back and find the announcement of her upcoming birth in a Trump thread. O0
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Yes, I have TDS. How can you not. This guy must have a 1" penis to be so insecure about everything.

Damn, my 401k is going down the tubes if I don't vote for him again...

flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm
Yes, I have TDS. How can you not.
Style vs substance, and the other choice was Hillary Clinton.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Yes, I absolutely did not want to vote for another Clinton. I would have, however, voted for Sanders in a heartbeat (I can hear multiple heads exploding)
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:07 pm

I will wager any forum member here one doughnut that Trump will not be reelected. ;D
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Maybe Google is trying to screw with Trump's chances. This is the lead story under "Science" ???!!!

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:53 pm

I think he's really pushing it with this latest stuff

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Time will tell. He's shown a pretty good feel for how to use hyperbole. Maybe you know better than him.

Other than the obvious hyperbole, I don't see anything counterfactual in his statements. What has he done that is negative for American Jews?

And yet if you believe the mass media, you would think that he is building death camps in the desert and any moment will start the death trains rolling toward these camps.