Will Trump be Re-elected?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Will Trump be Re-elected?

Trump is more effective than people are willing to admit [ala Scott Adams] and will be re-elected.
37%
Hillary will run again in 2020, and thus Trump will beat her again.
5%
Trump will cause the GOP to lose one or both houses of congress in the mid-term elections.
9%
The Dems in congress will be so insufferable, Trumps wins by a small margin despite them.
23%
Trump will choose not to run for re-election, since he never really wanted the job anyway.
11%
Trump is a disaster and will lose by a landslide.
8%
Trump will not only lose, but will lose to a candidate so far to the left that people will wish he'd stayed.
5%
Other, please elaborate.
3%

Total votes: 65
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by boglerdude » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:06 am

“So now he’s trying to prove how tough he is because 'he’s not gonna get pushed around', here’s a guy — nobody ever heard of him before, and now, I made him, and he wants to show how tough he is.”

Trump on Powell
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:56 am

dualstow wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 am
What are the stats on resignations, I wonder.
Cabinet level or in total?
Cabinet Level confirmed and resigned = 12

I wonder when you talk talent, could the issue also be that Trump has not been in Politics all his life?

The Political machine members that Trump has/had may not be use to his type of governance. (New Sheriff in town)
Also Trump may not be amenable to the machines way of running the country. ( Thats not the way we have always done it before).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 53b44601fd
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jhogue
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jhogue » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:51 am

Did the televised debates narrow the Democratic field?

Did Kamala Harris-- who is "black"-- trash Joe Biden's civil rights record enough to damage his status as frontrunner?
“Groucho Marx wrote:
A stock trader asked him, "Groucho, where do you put all your money?" Groucho was said to have replied, "In Treasury bonds", and the trader said, "You can't make much money on those." Groucho said, "You can if you have enough of them!"
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:00 am

Terrified Trump Writes Check to Biden Campaign
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... n-campaign
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:15 am

jhogue wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:51 am

Did Kamala Harris-- who is "black"-- trash Joe Biden's civil rights record enough to damage his status as frontrunner?
I thought the moderators were tasked with directing most questions to the Anointed Ones. In the first debate, it seemed like they were asking Warren to follow up on most things the others said. And in the second, the most talk time went to Biden, Sanders, and Harris. Unless the others butted in, they didn't really seem to talk much. The only questions (maybe there was another) directed at Gabbard was why she hated gay people and what she thought of the "wage gap." Yang said his mic was being cut off. In my bubble, Yang and Gabbard are the internet grassroots candidates, not the Party candidates. I liked Buttigieg and the guy from Maryland.

In the end, I think it will be Biden/Sanders/Harris/Warren.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:35 pm

jhogue wrote:

I thought Biden would almost certainly get the nomination but I've completely changed my mind, not just because of the debate performance but the way he has handled it afterward. I think his sell-by date is now long past and eventually people are going to realize he's just not up to the challenge and will have to look for somebody else.

I think Kamala Harris may now be the frontrunner but personally I found her attack on Biden about school busing nauseating as well as completely fake. This is not because I felt sorry for Biden. On the contrary, he came off as a wuss for not being willing to defend his stand on school busing which was perfectly reasonable and eventually shared by about 90 percent of Americans, both black and white.

When I saw the photo of Kamala in pig-tails as that little girl who says she benefited from being bused to a white school I couldn't help but think of my own kids who got bused into the black community to attend what was formerly an all-black school. Unlike her, they didn't think it was such a great experience. Every year we had to keep them home on "cracker day", a day set aside for the black kids to beat up the white kids. Although they eventually brought in the police to prevent it we still thought it was best to keep them home from school that day.

I saw a headline that said Kamala is the one who really puts fear into Trump and this may be true but probably not for the reason the author of that piece was thinking. It's because she is obviously going to play the race card for every thing it's worth and Trump is going to have a hard time taking shots at the little black girl in pig tails.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:31 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:35 pm
jhogue wrote:

I thought Biden would almost certainly get the nomination but I've completely changed my mind, not just because of the debate performance but the way he has handled it afterward. I think his sell-by date is now long past and eventually people are going to realize he's just not up to the challenge and will have to look for somebody else.
Swallwell had a well placed shiv with his "when I was 6 years old, a presidential candidate at the California Democratic Convention said 'it's time to pass the torch to a new generation.' that candidate was Sen. Joe Biden." attack. It really underscores how fucking old Biden is. Like, Trump is old, but he doesn't seem old. Biden seems old.
I think Kamala Harris may now be the frontrunner but personally I found her attack on Biden about school busing nauseating as well as completely fake. This is not because I felt sorry for Biden. On the contrary, he came off as a wuss for not being willing to defend his stand on school busing which was perfectly reasonable and eventually shared by about 90 percent of Americans, both black and white.

When I saw the photo of Kamala in pig-tails as that little girl who says she benefited from being bused to a white school I couldn't help but think of my own kids who got bused into the black community to attend what was formerly an all-black school. Unlike her, they didn't think it was such a great experience. Every year we had to keep them home on "cracker day", a day set aside for the black kids to beat up the white kids. Although they eventually brought in the police to prevent it we still thought it was best to keep them home from school that day.
Agree totally. That's a shame about your kids though.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:11 pm

This video on dems/republicans is pretty funny

https://youtu.be/DhempEhU8A4
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:27 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:11 pm
This video on dems/republicans is pretty funny

https://youtu.be/DhempEhU8A4
😂 Hilarious!!
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 am

Interesting Democratic infighting in the House. 🍿
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:20 am

Too funny. I love humor that cuts both ways. My favorite comedians are those who target anyone and everyone.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:15 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 pm
Maddy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 am
I'm convinced that many people would sooner sacrifice their happiness and prosperity than forgo their insane obsession with Trump. In fact, I think Trump has become a one-size-fits-all excuse for many people for their failure to do anything productive with their lives.
This is not hypothetical. Many people already HAVE done that.
I recently heard that 1.5% of the rats in Los Angeles have bubonic plague and when it gets to 2% the plague usually makes the jump to humans (not sure how credible that is, maybe WiseOne could comment). Cause is the large homeless population and the corresponding filth and feces and litter. Have not heard anything about San Francisco though which I would expect to be worse. I wonder how rampant TDS needs to be to make the jump to the rats? ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:15 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 pm
Maddy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 am
I'm convinced that many people would sooner sacrifice their happiness and prosperity than forgo their insane obsession with Trump. In fact, I think Trump has become a one-size-fits-all excuse for many people for their failure to do anything productive with their lives.
This is not hypothetical. Many people already HAVE done that.
I recently heard that 1.5% of the rats in Los Angeles have bubonic plague and when it gets to 2% the plague usually makes the jump to humans (not sure how credible that is, maybe WiseOne could comment). Cause is the large homeless population and the corresponding filth and feces and litter. Have not heard anything about San Francisco though which I would expect to be worse. I wonder how rampant TDS needs to be to make the jump to the rats? ;D
I saw Drew Pinsky talking about this the other day on TV. He was definitely worried about bubonic plague but he also said California has been dealing with diseases rarely seen in other parts of the country for over 20 years and warned that the rest of the country better get ready to deal with the same thing.

I haven't been able to confirm that it is true but I read recently that there have been confirmed cases of Ebola in Texas among migrants from the Congo. Maybe it's not because I haven't heard anything about it in the MSM and you know they would be reporting it if it was (sarcasm intended).
if there is an Ebola outbreak that can be linked to an illegal border crossing and the Dems persist with their open borders and free medical care for illegals policy, I tend to think Trump will win re-election easily. TDS is a strange malady however, so you never know.
jhogue
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jhogue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 am

jhogue wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:06 pm
jhogue wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:15 am
Everything will be exactly the same, except different.

In 2020, Dems will nominate Elizabeth Warren who will rail against plutocrats in banks, Wall Street, and offshore tax havens; but for taxes on Roth IRAs over $1 million, tighter capital controls, and Obamacare Plus Free Everything. Ironically, the Russians -- who will be found to have had nothing to do with the outcome of the 2016 election -- will be inspired to seriously hack the 2020 election, thereby assuring the return of the chaotic Donald to office for another 4 years. Only in America, baby!
You heard it here first! Happy New Year!!
I predict that we will look back on the Robert Mueller hearings yesterday as a critical milestone in Trump's re-election:

1. Russian Hack 2020 is already well under way.

2. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer can count to 51 and they now know for certain that impeaching Trump is an exercise in futility, even for the most partisan in their caucus. Worried that Ruth Bader Ginsburg will not last another 5 years on the Supreme Court, influential groups like NARAL will demand that the Dems drop impeachment and focus on electoral victory in November 2020.
“Groucho Marx wrote:
A stock trader asked him, "Groucho, where do you put all your money?" Groucho was said to have replied, "In Treasury bonds", and the trader said, "You can't make much money on those." Groucho said, "You can if you have enough of them!"
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:48 am

Sounds about right.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:07 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 pm
jhogue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 am
jhogue wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:06 pm

You heard it here first! Happy New Year!!
I predict that we will look back on the Robert Mueller hearings yesterday as a critical milestone in Trump's re-election:

1. Russian Hack 2020 is already well under way.

2. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer can count to 51 and they now know for certain that impeaching Trump is an exercise in futility, even for the most partisan in their caucus. Worried that Ruth Bader Ginsburg will not last another 5 years on the Supreme Court, influential groups like NARAL will demand that the Dems drop impeachment and focus on electoral victory in November 2020.
Yes, that's what the Democrats should do if they want a prayer of winning next year.

I don't believe they can do it though, because the crazy D freshpersons in Congress won't let them.

And I'm not sure they could win even then, because the crazy D primary voters would destroy any candidate who went along with it.

So I think we're stuck with 13 more years of a Donald Trump presidency.
Executive order changing the two term limit amendment... I wouldn’t put it past him.

Economy will blow up before 2020 election is my call, and he will have a hard time of it. Running out of people to blame when that happens. Only has the Fed left to bitch about.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:31 am

I agree with the above, but I thought I was reading Mountaineer’s post, having only seen the avatar in my peripheral vision. I thought, that doesn’t sound like him. O0
RIP Marcello Gandini
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:07 am
Executive order changing the two term limit amendment... I wouldn’t put it past him.
What previous actions has Trump taken that lead you to believe that?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:48 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:13 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/06/16/ ... president/

Just words, but seriously, what other president after the 22nd amendment would even have considered talking like that?
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:48 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:13 pm
Cortopassi wrote:

Just words, but seriously, what other president after the 22nd amendment would even have considered talking like that?
He does love to troll his opponents. And it seems to work every... single... time.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:31 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:02 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:56 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:48 pm

He does love to troll his opponents. And it seems to work every... single... time.
He is very lucky, isn't he!
I may have to take back what I said about there being some sort of grand strategy behind all this. Now that the Russian collusion narrative might be losing steam it looks like the Dems are resorting to the tried and true racist, racist, racist strategy. If Trump has a real strategy it must be to get them all to keep saying it over and over to keep it in the news so people will see it for what it really is. Looks like it's working too. That story about the congresswoman at Publix in Georgia was a real gem. And now they are fact checking his claims about Baltimore and finding out they're true.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm

To conservatives out there:

Trump tweet: "Budget Deal is phenomenal for our Great Military, our Vets, and Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!" he tweeted. "Two year deal gets us past the Election. Go for it Republicans, there is always plenty of time to CUT!"

Budgets and debt only matter when the other party is in power.

All hypocrites and they all suck.
jhogue
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jhogue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm

I don't recall Trump running as a fiscal conservative in 2016.
“Groucho Marx wrote:
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:55 pm

jhogue wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm
I don't recall Trump running as a fiscal conservative in 2016.
To quote Hillary Clinton, "what difference does it make at this point".

G.W. Bush ran as a fiscal conservative and added $6 trillion dollars to the debt.

The only difference between Dems and Repubs on this issue is that Dems believe in "tax and spend" and Repubs in "Cut taxes and spend".
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm

My, except for the spam that got through it's getting pretty boring around here.

So does anyone remember how the Republicans were all over Obama for the mass murders that happened on his watch? And that included the elementary school shooting in Sandy Hook, the Las Vegas country concert shooting, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the San Bernadino shootings and I could go on and on.

Don't remember? Neither do I.

Never seen anything like this in all of my years of observing politics. The total dishonestly and hypocrisy makes you want to tune completely out of politics and current events but I think that is maybe the whole point of the democrat strategy,

Sickening.