shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by shekels » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 am
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/11 ... 9827356672

Video of brave and righteous ANTIFA mob in Portland take turns throwing cement milkshakes and assaulting a journalist.

They estimate over 95% of Independents and Republicans will switch their vote away from Trump next year after seeing these heroes courageously stand up to this racist/supremacist/etc.
Whats next ACID in the milkshakes?

This is has gone way to far, when do people start shooting back claiming self defense? Especially with police looking on and not in control.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:

Video of brave and righteous ANTIFA mob in Portland take turns throwing cement milkshakes and assaulting a journalist.

They estimate over 95% of Independents and Republicans will switch their vote away from Trump next year after seeing these heroes courageously stand up to this racist/supremacist/etc.
I’m no fan of Antifa, but I find it telling that the guy whose twitter feed you posted made his first point to say 1) Ban face masks and 2) Criminalize Antifa.

State violence in the form of trying to ban expression and criminalize group membership is far and away more dangerous than these Leninist fuckheads could ever dream to be. I’m far more nervous of ideas like that taking hold than radical leftists doing more of what they’ve done for a couple centuries.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:29 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:18 am
Maddy wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:51 am
You'll notice that they do this only in cities whose officials are seditious pussies. If these mental defectives were to try that outside of these self-designated safe spaces, I suspect the outcome would have been very different.
Priceless. This get's my vote for post of the month.
Won’t find this on BH forum! ;D
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Was it Portland cement?

Seriously, Andy Ngo is a very brave man. I believe you can find him upthread re: an earlier incident. These champions of the so-called intersectional cannot suffer a gay Asian man if his politics are different.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:28 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:06 pm
Nike pulls ‘Betsy Ross flag’ sneaker after Colin Kaepernick says it was offensive

I guess the American Flag is now a symbol of racism among the woke crowd. ???
Oh, even the modern flag is considered a fascist symbol by them.
This is 2018, but I was linked back to it when I was looking at kriegs' post.
Liberal left-leaning guy brings American flag, gets beaten up by Antifa
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/201 ... ag_to.html
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:17 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:28 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:06 pm
Nike pulls ‘Betsy Ross flag’ sneaker after Colin Kaepernick says it was offensive

I guess the American Flag is now a symbol of racism among the woke crowd. ???
Oh, even the modern flag is considered a fascist symbol by them.
This is 2018, but I was linked back to it when I was looking at kriegs' post.
Liberal left-leaning guy brings American flag, gets beaten up by Antifa
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/201 ... ag_to.html
Do you think the last remaining woke will go back to sleep after it has devoured the rest of the wokes? Or will it self devour? It's hard to sleep with a full stomach! ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Are there ANY classical liberals left? You know, the kind that believe in individual liberties? If so, where are they hiding, and why have they chosen to be silent in the face of all this goofiness?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:02 pm

I think they’re out there, perhaps drowned out by the louder and more extreme voices. And getting beaten up by antifa.

mountaineer: definitely self-devour. O0
Antifa & autophagy..
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:57 pm

a follow up
EDIT: { I removed it. I guess it's kind of boring }
(I should mention Andy’s a little bit of a slow talker now. Might want to change settings -> speed)
I guess Bret would fall under sane liberal, the kind Maddy is looking for.
Kriegsspiel wrote:

Last edited by dualstow on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 am

moda0306 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:04 pm
I’m no fan of Antifa, but I find it telling that the guy whose twitter feed you posted made his first point to say 1) Ban face masks and 2) Criminalize Antifa.

State violence in the form of trying to ban expression and criminalize group membership is far and away more dangerous than these Leninist fuckheads could ever dream to be. I’m far more nervous of ideas like that taking hold than radical leftists doing more of what they’ve done for a couple centuries.
I didn't intend to imply that I agreed with the tweet (I didn't read it), just wanted to share the video. I don't know about banning masks and "criminalizing" Antifa, but governments have a responsibility to protect their citizens. Antifa, especially in Portland, is blocking streets, intimidating people, and assaulting them.

It looks like the Portland police have arrested 3 people, which is good, but you can see on video a lot more than 3 people assaulted these people. I'm no lawyer, but what about if Ngo or the 80 year old dude died. Is everyone who hit them or threw things at them an accomplice to manslaughter or murder?
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 am
moda0306 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:04 pm

I didn't intend to imply that I agreed with the tweet (I didn't read it), just wanted to share the video. I don't know about banning masks and "criminalizing" Antifa, but governments have a responsibility to protect their citizens. Antifa, especially in Portland, is blocking streets, intimidating people, and assaulting them.

It looks like the Portland police have arrested 3 people, which is good, but you can see on video a lot more than 3 people assaulted these people. I'm no lawyer, but what about if Ngo or the 80 year old dude died. Is everyone who hit them or threw things at them an accomplice to manslaughter or murder?
I think the banning of face masks at public demonstrations is a very good idea and there are a lot of cities that have ordinances like this. I don't know if there has ever been a supreme court challenge but I doubt they would find that the first amendment guarantees anonymity to go along with your freedom of expression, especially in a public demonstration, and more especially when it's a cloak for violence. If you want to be anonymous, in my opinion, stick to twitter and facebook and stay away from sticks and stones that can break men's bones.

As for criminalizing Antifa I think that is mostly up to them. If they are going to continue with violent assaults against others who are exercising their own rights to free speech (without cowardly anonymity, BTW) then they ought to be designated as a terrorist organization and treated accordingly.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Shall we also ban face masks for bank robbers?

My point is this: If your intent is to enforce the law, as opposed to continually standing down, it doesn't matter one hoot whether the perp is wearing a face mask or not. The jail strip search pretty much bares all.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Maddy wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:23 pm
Shall we also ban face masks for bank robbers?

My point is this: If your intent is to enforce the law, as opposed to continually standing down, it doesn't matter one hoot whether the perp is wearing a face mask or not. The jail strip search pretty much bares all.
A ban on masks for bank robbers probably wouldn't have any deterrent effect but it might on an Antifa member at a public demonstration. Even if the police aren't going to do anything to stop it, the fact that the person can be identified means they can at least be arrested later and/or sued.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Municipal Speech Enforcement
“Gendered language like ‘manhole’ will soon be banned from Berkeley’s city codes,” CNN, July 18
Source:https://www.wsj.com/articles/conversati ... opin_pos_1
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 pm

dualstow wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 pm
“Gendered language like ‘manhole’ will soon be banned from Berkeley’s city codes,” CNN, July 18
I guess "personhole" kind of works. What's the "non-gendered" version of "midwife"? Mid-person?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:55 pm

O0 The etymology of mid- in this case is ‘with’, like German mit, so that would work. However, mid-person sounds like non-gendered, period. Haha
Xan wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 pm
dualstow wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 pm
I guess "personhole" kind of works. What's the "non-gendered" version of "midwife"? Mid-person?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:17 pm

dualstow wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:55 pm
O0 The etymology of mid- in this case is ‘with’, like German mit, so that would work. However, mid-person sounds like non-gendered, period. Haha
Another weird one is "fishwife". A "fish-person" sounds like a character from a bad sci-fi movie.

Edit: Oh! And what should we call maid service? "Unmarried person service"? Kinky.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:14 pm

fishwife, I had to look that up. What an interesting word!
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 pm

This is the face of the New Left. God bless 'em, they deserve one another.
Trans Activist Sues Brazilian Wax Business after Owner Refused to Shave Her Balls
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... her-balls/
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:28 pm

This thread used to upset me. Now it makes me laugh. O0 O0 O0
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:24 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 pm
This is the face of the New Left. God bless 'em, they deserve one another.
Trans Activist Sues Brazilian Wax Business after Owner Refused to Shave Her Balls
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... her-balls/
Holy smokes.

Of course this is just the logical next step after forcing bakers and flower arrangers to participate in weddings. Forced ball shaving! It's like eHarmony being forced to make homosexual matches, even though the decades of research the guy did was only into heterosexual relationships.

Laws like this are big hammers, and completely unnecessary in these situations. There's no shortage of bakers or flower arrangers happy to work whatever event, and there are plenty of ways to find matches, as well as to have your balls shaved.

But now some little Vietnamese hair & nail lady is going to be forced to shave guys' balls. Well great.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:54 am

I don't know if there as an official name for this sort of bigotry yet but apparently you can get in a lot of trouble for denying that a man can get pregnant, as the doctor who was the leader of Planned Parenthood just found out.

Maybe somebody should come up with a registry of terms so people on the left will know exactly what to accuse someone of. Or maybe Communist China already has one they can borrow and translate into English.

Sometimes I wonder if this sort of nuttiness is as widespread as it seems to be or is it just something that makes headlines in the news? I only hope it's the latter.

Edit: I think maybe the word is "transphobic" but I don't want to offend anybody by using the wrong word.
Last edited by jacksonM on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:20 am

OMG. I had always thought of Planned Parenthood as serving a useful role for underinsured or uninsured women, but this latest move is beyond ridiculous. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad!!!

So is the next step to throw the cast of Monty Python in jail for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:20 pm

As a donor, my dad complained years ago that Planned Parenthood was too politicized. When they called he told them so and said why don’t you focus on health services? Seems like the new president was doing just that. Of course,she got fired for it!

English usage: are we still allowed to talk about segregated storage? O0
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:09 pm

sophie wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:20 am
OMG. I had always thought of Planned Parenthood as serving a useful role for underinsured or uninsured women, but this latest move is beyond ridiculous. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad!!!

So is the next step to throw the cast of Monty Python in jail for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
I think they'll get a pass for now, at least, but I can hardly imagine them not being drummed off of TV with howls of outrage for this kind of skit nowadays.

I'm sure I could think of a few more examples but one that comes to mind is the "I'm a Lumberjack" song.

Edit: Guess I should provide a link for those unfamiliar : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... shU58nI0Ts