Post by pmward » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 am
ochotona wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:16 am

We are twins separated at birth.
I had the same philosophy when I was hyper-accumulating (TRIPLE TWINS). I think MMM and Jacob Lund Fisker both wrote about how having a high savings rate is much more important than investment returns.
the best is do both... a high savings rate is you working for your money , while the investment returns are your money working for you...there is power there in unity .... i ver made a high salary for nyc so i had to count on my investing
Yes, but there is a cost to pursing extra returns. If risk doesn't matter, and returns are all that matters, why not just go 100% SPY leap options? If the stock market will always go up, and returns are that much more important than risk, then why not lever up to high hell? Fear and greed are tricky monsters. There really is a such thing as "enough" money and return. There's a point where the cost in risk is not worth the potential extra return. I think most people in the current market environment are unknowingly assuming more risk than they are truly willing to pay.

Also, I'm finding this board, like bogleheads, to be a very good contrarian indicator. You can see the fear setting in on the board at the times to be greedy, and the greed setting in at the times to be fearful. I find the earlier post about capitulating on gold to be a promising sign for those of us that hold a PP or some variation thereof. The more weak hands capitulate, the more likely we get the next bull leg up. Bull markets don't start when people start buying, they start when the last person that is going to sell sells.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by ochotona » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:33 am

pmward wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am
Also, I'm finding this board, like bogleheads, to be a very good contrarian indicator.
+1
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 pm

dualstow wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:33 am
Getting out at a profit or a loss?
Sorry to hear about your car.
My 05 Taurus was parked when someone mixed up the pedals and pushed it down an embankment. Their insurance (AAA) handled it pretty well, I was worried it would turn into a legal scuffle. They gave me $4500 which is decent. Same mileage (45k) would be 5k from a dealer. I made a mistake of just looking at KBB and not what it would actually cost to buy again. Always check with the markets! I'll probly get a new Ford Fiesta, but its gonna hurt writing a check for $20k :/

Started my PP in 2016 with gold around $1330/oz. I like risk parity, but am still wondering about gold. For millennia it was a tool needed to conduct commerce. That practical function continues to decline, especially with crypto and epayments rising. The dollar only needs to be stable enough to get you through the transition from selling one asset and getting into another.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 am

pmward wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 am

I had the same philosophy when I was hyper-accumulating (TRIPLE TWINS). I think MMM and Jacob Lund Fisker both wrote about how having a high savings rate is much more important than investment returns.
the best is do both... a high savings rate is you working for your money , while the investment returns are your money working for you...there is power there in unity .... i ver made a high salary for nyc so i had to count on my investing
Yes, but there is a cost to pursing extra returns. If risk doesn't matter, and returns are all that matters, why not just go 100% SPY leap options? If the stock market will always go up, and returns are that much more important than risk, then why not lever up to high hell? Fear and greed are tricky monsters. There really is a such thing as "enough" money and return. There's a point where the cost in risk is not worth the potential extra return. I think most people in the current market environment are unknowingly assuming more risk than they are truly willing to pay.

Also, I'm finding this board, like bogleheads, to be a very good contrarian indicator. You can see the fear setting in on the board at the times to be greedy, and the greed setting in at the times to be fearful. I find the earlier post about capitulating on gold to be a promising sign for those of us that hold a PP or some variation thereof. The more weak hands capitulate, the more likely we get the next bull leg up. Bull markets don't start when people start buying, they start when the last person that is going to sell sells.
there is always a cost to everything but higher returns does not always mean higher risk ... i used the fidelity insight growth model for more than 30 years . it is a 100% equities model but it strives to beat the s&p 500 but with a smaller beta .. it has done that very well.. after 30 years the difference between 100k invested in the s&p and the growth model is about 400k and it it did it with about 5-10% less volatility ..

also risk and volatility are not the same thing .... the natural cycles of a broad market over the long term has volatility but little risk .. risk comes when you bet on a particular stock and try to beat the markets at their own game instead of just accepting what the market cycles give you with perhaps a bit of alpha ,. ....

volatility can become risky when you mismatch time frames for the money . but going out the typical 25-40 year accumulation periods all you really have is volatility ..there is little risk of loss unless you turn it in to risk by speculating or really trying to beat the markets at their game.

as the time frames became more defined and shorter i moved away from 100% equities and in to the 40-50% range , but i would certainly do it again the same exact way if we had do overs .

not being a very high earner and living in nyc i needed to max out my money working for me as efficiently as i could .

a penny saved may be a penny earned but that penny will always be a penny , actually less with taxes and inflation , unless it sees good compounding . so i always worked at being a better investor to capitalize on that compounding .

don't forget when rates were rising the pp acted like a huge equity allocation with 3 out of 4 assets moving in the same direction with 3 very powerful asset classes so volatility certainly can pick up ..

so i stopped equating risk ,volatility and returns a long time ago ... the 3 can be all over the map . just look at AT&T , the stock once recommended for widows and orphans .. it has moved the equal of 1000 plus points in a day , provided poor performance for years and can be very risky dividend or not .

rather i try to match the money to the time frames i will need it .
Last edited by mathjak107 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:37 am

boglerdude wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 pm
dualstow wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:33 am
Getting out at a profit or a loss?
Sorry to hear about your car.
My 05 Taurus was parked when someone mixed up the pedals and pushed it down an embankment. Their insurance (AAA) handled it pretty well, I was worried it would turn into a legal scuffle. They gave me $4500 which is decent. Same mileage (45k) would be 5k from a dealer. I made a mistake of just looking at KBB and not what it would actually cost to buy again. Always check with the markets! I'll probly get a new Ford Fiesta, but its gonna hurt writing a check for $20k :/
Did you buy it new in 2005? If yes, you should be looking to buy a used car since you don't put a lot of miles on them.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 am

If you use the car that rarely, what about just not replacing it and using rideshare apps or car services instead?

Increasingly, people are happily ditching the car with all its associated costs and maintenance demands, not to mention the timesink that driving is, and relying on ridesharing. And no more worries about speed traps, getting caught using a cell phone, having to find parking etc. I just talked to a new member of my coop who retired and moved here from Virginia. He said the biggest thrill was getting rid of their two cars - "I was so over it!", direct quote.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:21 am

I want to ditch my car after I'm not working and even in the 'burbs here I can use an e-bike. The weather is mild here. If If need to go into Houston proper I can Uber to the METRO surburban park & ride station. Once you're on the METRO grid, you can get places, albeit slowly, and I guarantee I'm the richest man riding the vehicle, maybe the entire system, at that moment.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 am

there is always a cost to everything but higher returns does not always mean higher risk ... i used the fidelity insight growth model for more than 30 years . it is a 100% equities model but it strives to beat the s&p 500 but with a smaller beta .. it has done that very well.. after 30 years the difference between 100k invested in the s&p and the growth model is about 400k and it it did it with about 5-10% less volatility ..

also risk and volatility are not the same thing .... the natural cycles of a broad market over the long term has volatility but little risk .. risk comes when you bet on a particular stock and try to beat the markets at their own game instead of just accepting what the market cycles give you with perhaps a bit of alpha ,. ....

volatility can become risky when you mismatch time frames for the money . but going out the typical 25-40 year accumulation periods all you really have is volatility ..there is little risk of loss unless you turn it in to risk by speculating or really trying to beat the markets at their game.

as the time frames became more defined and shorter i moved away from 100% equities and in to the 40-50% range , but i would certainly do it again the same exact way if we had do overs .

not being a very high earner and living in nyc i needed to max out my money working for me as efficiently as i could .

a penny saved may be a penny earned but that penny will always be a penny , actually less with taxes and inflation , unless it sees good compounding . so i always worked at being a better investor to capitalize on that compounding .

don't forget when rates were rising the pp acted like a huge equity allocation with 3 out of 4 assets moving in the same direction with 3 very powerful asset classes so volatility certainly can pick up ..

so i stopped equating risk ,volatility and returns a long time ago ... the 3 can be all over the map . just look at AT&T , the stock once recommended for widows and orphans .. it has moved the equal of 1000 plus points in a day , provided poor performance for years and can be very risky dividend or not .

I do want to point out that there is a very liberal use of assumptions being presented as fact in this argument.

Ask a Japanese investor whether markets are riskless over a 25-40 year period. Stock markets do not have to go up.

Risk is the chance of your investments not meeting your expectations (or, in the most extreme, that you lose money). The need to take risk is the most important factor to consider. It sounds like in your unique personal situation you live in a HCOL area with a low salary. So in your case you had no choice but to assume high amounts of risk. Luckily, you also picked a good time frame to assume that risk and it worked out well for you. The people investing today don't have as opportune of a time frame ahead of them. So those that feel that have no choice but to assume high amounts of risk likely won't be treated as well as you were. The past does not equal the future. You cannot project your one datapoint infinitely out into the future and say that everyone should follow your example because it worked out for you. It simply doesn't work that way. Let's take a look at Tyler's site for the total stock market. Take a look at both the start date sensitivity and the portfolio growth charts. Look at how big of a difference there is! Some people, like you, got a great ride out of 100% stocks. Others languished. The spread between the best and the worst investment years are huge, thus there is low consistency and dependability: https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/t ... ck-market/

For comparison sake, let's look at the stats on the PP, look at how much tighter the spread of returns and start date sensitivity is: https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/p ... portfolio/

And, lets also look at the GB, all seasons, and 60/40 just to get a good mix for comparison, the data speaks for itself I don't even need to comment further on this topic:
https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/golden-butterfly/
https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/a ... portfolio/
https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/classic-60-40/

"Matching money to the timeframe you need it" sounds great and catchy on paper, but it's subjective, meaningless, and full of assumption that can be proven wrong at any moment. One can certainly match their liquidity needs in the short term, but it's impossible to predict the future. Nobody can plan for what any individual asset will do 10 years down the road. Anyone who thinks they can is fooling themselves.

If someone has no choice but to assume high amounts of risk for whatever reason then they have no choice and they have to do what they have to do. It does not mean it's the ideal route for all. It also does not mean it should be a generalized recommendation. Like I have already mentioned, asset allocation is a deeply personal thing. Different people have different wants, needs, and biases, and that means that there is more than one investment style that is viable.
Last edited by pmward on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am

I am getting this mid-drive e-bike motor kit today.

https://www.bafangusadirect.com/bafang- ... t-p/12.htm

I live 4 miles from work, and I always want to bike here, but I hate that I get sweated up. This motor will allow me to get here without that, so at least I can do it more than I do now, which is basically 1-2 times/year.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:08 pm

E-bikes are so neat. I wouldn't want to ride one (or anything) in mixed traffic, so I'm kind of waiting for the apocalypse, something on the level of The Stand. Of course, then I'd find it difficult to procure one.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 am
sophie wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 am
If you use the car that rarely, what about just not replacing it and using rideshare apps or car services instead?

Increasingly, people are happily ditching the car with all its associated costs and maintenance demands, not to mention the timesink that driving is, and relying on ridesharing. And no more worries about speed traps, getting caught using a cell phone, having to find parking etc. I just talked to a new member of my coop who retired and moved here from Virginia. He said the biggest thrill was getting rid of their two cars - "I was so over it!", direct quote.
Ditching your car and using ridesharing is great if you live in a major city where parking is expensive and impractical. Unfortunately, it is not a viable option if you live in the suburbs, rural, or even many smaller cities.
Au contraire!!!

There are plenty of rideshare drivers in small cities and many suburbs - in fact those are probably the best places for them because taxi service in those places is often nonexistent, so unlike big cities there's no political urge to stifle the competition.

A sampling of such places where I've gotten a rideshare with a wait time of <10 minutes: Suburban NJ, New Orleans (city and suburb), Palo Alto CA, Minneapolis, western Massachusetts (Northampton area), Berkeley CA, Pasadena CA.

Ochotona, sounds like a typical non NYC/DC metro that I wouldn't waste my time with either. Let the Uber take you all the way to your destination. It'll still work out cheaper than a car.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am

I live 4 miles from work, and I always want to bike here, but I hate that I get sweated up. This motor will allow me to get here without that, so at least I can do it more than I do now, which is basically 1-2 times/year.
I put a Bafang BBSHD on an Electra Townie... love it! Good luck with the eBike conversion.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:50 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am

I put a Bafang BBSHD on an Electra Townie... love it! Good luck with the eBike conversion.
Got it on. Best money I have spent in a long time! Just to see, got to 28MPH on a straight stretch. Lowest pedal assistance, into a strong headwind was nothing, and going 15MPH.

But of course it is going to freaking snow this weekend and I can't go out!
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:49 am

pmward wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 am

I do want to point out that there is a very liberal use of assumptions being presented as fact in this argument.

Ask a Japanese investor whether markets are riskless over a 25-40 year period. Stock markets do not have to go up.

Risk is the chance of your investments not meeting your expectations (or, in the most extreme, that you lose money). The need to take risk is the most important factor to consider. It sounds like in your unique personal situation you live in a HCOL area with a low salary. So in your case you had no choice but to assume high amounts of risk. Luckily, you also picked a good time frame to assume that risk and it worked out well for you. The people investing today don't have as opportune of a time frame ahead of them. So those that feel that have no choice but to assume high amounts of risk likely won't be treated as well as you were. The past does not equal the future. You cannot project your one datapoint infinitely out into the future and say that everyone should follow your example because it worked out for you. It simply doesn't work that way. Let's take a look at Tyler's site for the total stock market. Take a look at both the start date sensitivity and the portfolio growth charts. Look at how big of a difference there is! Some people, like you, got a great ride out of 100% stocks. Others languished. The spread between the best and the worst investment years are huge, thus there is low consistency and dependability: https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/t ... ck-market/

For comparison sake, let's look at the stats on the PP, look at how much tighter the spread of returns and start date sensitivity is: https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/p ... portfolio/

And, lets also look at the GB, all seasons, and 60/40 just to get a good mix for comparison, the data speaks for itself I don't even need to comment further on this topic:
https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/golden-butterfly/
https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/a ... portfolio/
https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/classic-60-40/

"Matching money to the timeframe you need it" sounds great and catchy on paper, but it's subjective, meaningless, and full of assumption that can be proven wrong at any moment. One can certainly match their liquidity needs in the short term, but it's impossible to predict the future. Nobody can plan for what any individual asset will do 10 years down the road. Anyone who thinks they can is fooling themselves.

If someone has no choice but to assume high amounts of risk for whatever reason then they have no choice and they have to do what they have to do. It does not mean it's the ideal route for all. It also does not mean it should be a generalized recommendation. Like I have already mentioned, asset allocation is a deeply personal thing. Different people have different wants, needs, and biases, and that means that there is more than one investment style that is viable.
nothing is ever going to be 100% guaranteed . but there are things that make sense ..

the comparison to japan is a poor one . not only are we not japan but had someone in japan bought a global fund or invested in other countries their outcome would be very different ..

matching time frames to money has never been a problem...118 -30 year cycles show a 50/50 mix has a 96% success rate of being spent down successfully over 30 years ... my 50/50 mix if i maintain the allocation can go a long long time without selling equities ... in fact over any 10 or 20 year period a 50/50 has never been down .. so risk and volatility are very different things .

so at different points in our lives matching money to the time frame has never been a problem ..could it be ? sure it could , just like a long period of rising rates can be kryptonite to the pp ...

my investment philosophy for 33 years now has always been to go with what worked well , what still works well , and what has a reasonable chance of continuing ....

for the record at this moment i do hold gold and long term treasuries with some of my bond allocation money.

but if i still had a few decades left , no way would i be trying to mitigate short term dips as a long term investor , volatility does not bother me when i have no near term use for that money ..
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:23 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:49 am

nothing is ever going to be 100% guaranteed . but there are things that make sense ..

the comparison to japan is a poor one . not only are we not japan but had someone in japan bought a global fund or invested in other countries their outcome would be very different ..
The comparison to Japan is not a poor one, because if it can happen to them it is *possible* it could happen to us. And since right now, it's a global trend of deflation, international diversification likely would not work if we went down that route.
mathjak107 wrote:

matching time frames to money has never been a problem...118 -30 year cycles show a 50/50 mix has a 96% success rate of being spent down successfully over 30 years ... my 50/50 mix if i maintain the allocation can go a long long time without selling equities ... in fact over any 10 or 20 year period a 50/50 has never been down .. so risk and volatility are very different things .
Having a 50/50 portfolio is *NOT* matching time frames to money. I repeat, having a 50/50 portfolio is *NOT* matching time frames to money. It is holding a passive 50/50 portfolio. The two things are very different. I suggest you do some research in the strategy of matching timeframe to holdings, this is generally done as a bucket approach.
mathjak107 wrote:

but if i still had a few decades left , no way would i be trying to mitigate short term dips as a long term investor , volatility does not bother me when i have no near term use for that money ..
The false assumption is that all dips are short term. This is simply not true. Now, if someone is 20 years old, has no money invested, and has a low to average savings rate (0-15%) then even in a Japan-like situation, it's not really going to effect them that much in the grand scheme. So sure, if they want to take a gamble on 100% stocks to see if the luck of the starting point will work for them, sure. They have so little invested that it really doesn't matter what they do.

But for someone that is retiring or hitting FI in the next 10-20 years, someone that has a high savings rate, someone that has a large chunk of money invested, etc... if they have no *need* to gamble, then it seems pretty silly to gamble with their entire savings, right? Even if they have a desire to gamble, they could still do it in a way that is responsible by using both a PP and VP. Humans are known to behave badly in periods of high volatility. I think it's safer to assume that the average person will not be able to hold through a market crash, since all the current behavioral finance research shows this to be the case. The average person sells at or near the bottom and then doesn't get back in for years, after they've missed the entire recovery. So if someone has enough money that their behavior can ruin them, would it not be irresponsible and potentially very harmful to recommend that they go all in 100% in stocks? They can still chase alpha, but it's better off allocating a percentage to a VP directly for that purpose, imo.

Now if the person is a general stock bug then that VP can just be a passive stock allocation. Hell, for someone like Budd with 13M I see no reason why he couldn't go something like 20% PP 80% stock VP since he is such a stock bug. His 20% that would be safe would still be enough to last him for the rest of his life (~2.5 mill), so he could afford to gamble on the 80% if he wanted to, lose it all, and still be fine. This is why I say these things are individual and there are many inputs that need to be considered. There is no black and white generalized best case for everyone. Even trying to generalize portfolio recommendations using age as the sole input is a very poor way to go about things.

A wise man once said to first protect the "money you can't afford to lose" then you can chase return after that. I personally think this is great advice. I think that human psychology has some short comings though, where coming out of a crisis like 2008 human psychology would tend to favor being defensive and protecting money, and in 2019 human psychology would rather favor being offensive and risking money. The thing is that human psychology is usually wrong. So the line in the sand for what is "money you can't afford to lose" and what is money you can chase alpha with probably needs to be calculated in an objective manner, as using subjective feelings are probably going to lead an investor down the wrong path (i.e. being super defensive in 2009, and being super offensive today).
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Mon May 06, 2019 7:44 am

Trade war fears again, but sigh, no love for gold with this fear.
Ugly_Bird
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ugly_Bird » Mon May 06, 2019 8:01 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:44 am
Trade war fears again, but sigh, no love for gold with this fear.
If it is solid and not a fluke, give it a few days... (or more?)
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 am

Maybe traders have to raise some cash by selling gold
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Wow this thread has been eerily silent lately... it was almost shocking to see activity here today.

Yeah this feels like last spring/summer all over again. Trump did a weekend trade tirade on Twitter, international markets plunged, U.S. stocks opened up with a large gap down and then slowly recovered throughout the day as if to say "meh", small caps out performing large today, etc. I feel like I went back in time a year.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don » Mon May 06, 2019 4:24 pm

pmward wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 pm
Wow this thread has been eerily silent lately... it was almost shocking to see activity here today.

Yeah this feels like last spring/summer all over again. Trump did a weekend trade tirade on Twitter, international markets plunged, U.S. stocks opened up with a large gap down and then slowly recovered throughout the day as if to say "meh", small caps out performing large today, etc. I feel like I went back in time a year.
Since Budd, er, left.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Mon May 06, 2019 4:27 pm

As it should be. Once you're allocated, it's like watching paint dry.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:24 pm

ochotona wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 am
Maybe traders have to raise some cash by selling gold
I just sold some gold, but not because of trading.

It was to pay for this: Image

It's supposed to be here tomorrow. So this is like Christmas Eve!
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler » Mon May 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Selling gold to buy the best bitcoin mining rig money can buy. Nice. ;)

(In all seriousness, I'm very jealous)
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 am

Tyler wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:28 pm
Selling gold to buy the best bitcoin mining rig money can buy. Nice. ;)

(In all seriousness, I'm very jealous)
Thanks!

Actually it wouldn't be very good for bitcoin mining, as it doesn't have top-end graphics cards.

What it is good for is developing and testing my new key-value store, which is aimed at accelerating big data applications, maybe by a factor of 100.

That's because of the Optane DC Persistent Memory modules. That technology is the first new memory technology since the invention of DRAM almost 50 years ago, and it's also the first new storage technology since flash in the 1970's.

How cool is that? :D
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don » Thu May 09, 2019 10:52 am

Markets are down greatly in the past few days. A trade deal with China is in jeopardy. N Korea launched 2 missiles today. We're sending B52s and a carrier fleet towards Iran. And yet, gold is only up a fraction. What's up with this?