Good Podcast On Gold

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Good Podcast On Gold

Post by pmward » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:35 am

Came across this podcast episode this week which focused on gold. Interviewed a few people discussing gold, it's recent performance, expected future performance, it's role in a portfolio, central banks recent gold binge, and why Bitcoin is not the new gold. Enjoy: https://etfstore.com/?powerpress_pinw=7334-podcast
europeanwizard
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Good Podcast On Gold

Post by europeanwizard » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:59 am

I listened to it, and it's pretty good. I'll listen to it twice, to be honest. A lot of information that requires me to "let it sink in".

Great tip!
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:35 pm

SGOL expense ratio now 0.17% annually! That's a huge cut.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 am

Yeah, it's very cheap. Honestly, it might even be cheaper than holding physical gold, all things considered. Currently, since I'm doing DCA accumulations, I'm going into IAU since it has no commissions. But once a year I'm planning on either liquidating some IAU for physical or pay a commission to do a large swap to SGOL. Unless IAU decides to compete on ER, that's just too good of a price to pass up. But, since they said that SGOL hasn't really generated extra interest at the lower ER, it's probably doubtful that iShares would consider lowering theirs to compete on cost.