Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Looks like HB was correct about offshore assets

Post by Hal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:20 am

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/arms ... er-system/

Anything like this happening elsewhere to track your assets ?

Can see people will start microwaving their money ;D
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Looks like HB was correct about offshore assets

Post by Maddy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:06 am

I already iron my money to get the cooties off. Wonder if that works.
gaddyslapper007

Post by gaddyslapper007 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:26 pm

This highlights my biggest concern with Bitcoin's invention.....for all the freedom it provides people, it paved the framework / gave light for a government issued digital currency. (not a cryptocurrency) The ultimate end goal of government would be to monitor every dime spent and tax appropriately. Government issued digital currency's are coming like it or not.

Where the author get's its wrong is Bitcoin can't / wont be stopped no matter what "governments' try. If made illegal, bitcoin will exist in some form or fashion from here on out....maybe greatly beaten down price wise...but it will still exist. …..Just like everything else government has "outlawed".

Ultimately, as always... its up to "the People" to decide what form of money they want / prefer. People's acceptance / acknowledgement of value gives any and all currency's worth. Written another way....every currency's value lives only in the minds of people.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Who would have thought that people would embrace the idea of paying for nearly everything with credit and debit cards? Any sort of privacy was lost at that point, leaving for the future yet another equally dim cause for anxiety: the possibility that the centralized monetary authority could make your wealth and your ability to make a living evaporate at any time. Redistribution of resources to effectuate social justice or to punish political opponents? No problem. Nothing that a few zeros and ones can't fix. Taxes? No need to file a lengthy return. The government has already taken what they believe is due them. You've really got to have your head in the sand to deny such a real, and even likely, possibility, given what we've learned about the Fed and about our government being run like a criminal enterprise. Not that I think most people give a damn.
Last edited by Maddy on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by drumminj » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:05 pm

Maddy wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:01 pm
Not that I think most people give a damn.
But....I get airline points!