OJ's Knife Found

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

OJ's Knife Found

Post by Reub »

Knife found at OJ's former home. Does anybody care anymore?
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OJ's Knife Found

Post by MediumTex »

Based on the audience for the FX series about the murder case, I think that people clearly still care about the case.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I was kind of interested when OJ came out with that book, 'If I Did It', the cover of which looked very much like it said "I DID IT".
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Good stuff.  :)
🍍
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

When I look back at footage of the OJ trial I find myself being more angry at seeing his attorney and friend, Kardashian, for what he has wrought on us than on the verdict itself.
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Reub wrote: When I look back at footage of the OJ trial I find myself being more angry at seeing his attorney and friend, Kardashian, for what he has wrought on us than on the verdict itself.
I sort of think the LAPD created the conditions for the O.J. case, and are partly to blame for the atmosphere of distrust that O.J.'s legal team exploited.

I was reading that during that period the LAPD had a slang term for a domestic violence call at an African-American residence.  It was "NHI", which stood for "No Humans Involved." 

During the Rodney King beating, some of the radio traffic included the following comment: "This is like something out of Gorillas in the Mist."

I think that by the time O.J. came to trial, the people of L.A. were totally fed up with the LAPD, and O.J. just leveraged that for his benefit.

Nothing as high profile as the O.J. case happens in a vacuum, and that's one of the many reasons it pays for police departments to try to operate as cleanly as they can.

I was also outraged by the O.J. verdict, but as I have learned over the years just how corrupt the LAPD was (and some say still is), I'm also pretty outraged that a police department could be that corrupt.

I know that people like to think that justice in a case as obvious as O.J.'s should be within reach, but if a police department abuses a community enough, the community is going to fight back any way it can, whether it makes any sense to outsiders or not.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

And as it happens, OJ found another way to mess up his charmed life and land himself in jail anyway.
🍍
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

dualstow wrote: And as it happens, OJ found another way to mess up his charmed life and land himself in jail anyway.
Do you think he has CTE?
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Xan wrote:
dualstow wrote: And as it happens, OJ found another way to mess up his charmed life and land himself in jail anyway.
Do you think he has CTE?
How could he not?
AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AdamA »

MediumTex wrote:
During the Rodney King beating, some of the radio traffic included the following comment: "This is like something out of Gorillas in the Mist."
They first scene of the first episode of the FX show The People versus OJ Simpson is the footage of the Rodney King beating and LA riots.  It made me wonder what might have happened in LA had OJ been found guilty.

The show does a great job of showing how masterfully Simpson's attorneys manipulated that environment to get OJ of the hook. 
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal
jafs
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jafs »

I'm sure it's a very stressful job, and we should pay them well and provide good benefits, as well as in-depth training and other support, like counseling.

But, that doesn't justify the abuse of power by police.

I lived in Chicago for a while, and I saw an officer hit a guy for no good reason - when he saw me watching, he said something like "This guy's an asshole".  Could be, but I don't believe that police officers have a legal right to hit somebody for that.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

jafs wrote: I lived in Chicago for a while, and I saw an officer hit a guy for no good reason - when he saw me watching, he said something like "This guy's an asshole".  Could be, but I don't believe that police officers have a legal right to hit somebody for that.
It's called "qualified immunity" which the Supreme Court completely invented out of thin air.  Can't wait until that gets struck down and the pigs are finally held accountable for their unconstitutional, unethical and illegal behavior.

And I wonder... if OJ had been found guilty, would that vapid whore clan known as the Kardashians have been a distant footnote?

I haven't even processed the transexual issue and frankly, I don't have any interest in doing so.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!